BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Might be a nice chap but his output isn't worth reading imo, only ever comments on rumours or confirms stuff after it's happened and when things aren't going so well and a critical appraisal is required, it isn't forthcoming.

Little more than an additional mouthpiece for the Club.

He clearly has to walk a tightrope to maintain credibility with his employer, the club & the fan base simultaneously. 
None of us know what line he’s asked to take by his bosses. 
“Ah yes but Peter White…” is true. But the operating model of that industry is now fundamentally different. 

Personally, I wouldn’t entertain the job as whatever you write you are going to hack off at least one of those stakeholders every time. Tough gig. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Shame if Styles opts for Besiktas but can't really blame him tbh. 

Would have liked us to sign him but we'll just have to see who else is lined up.

It only makes sense if he's a big fan of his last manager.

Its a backwards step career wise. Its genuinely a terrible league.

2 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

He clearly has to walk a tightrope to maintain credibility with his employer, the club & the fan base simultaneously. 
None of us know what line he’s asked to take by his bosses. 
“Ah yes but Peter White…” is true. But the operating model of that industry is now fundamentally different. 

Personally, I wouldn’t entertain the job as whatever you write you are going to hack off at least one of those stakeholders every time. Tough gig. 

I think it's fairly clear that he's asked to take a line that doesn't antagonise or upset the Club in any way and it's primarily for that reason that his output isn't worth reading imo.

If people do get any value out of what he writes then that's fine. I don't recall ever reading anything he's written and thinking "Ooohh that's interesting, I didn't know that" however.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

It only makes sense if he's a big fan of his last manager.

Its a backwards step career wise. Its genuinely a terrible league.

Plus they change their manager with regularity and also in Turkey the signings are usually president led with the head coach having minimal say on who is signed. 

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You said the same about Brittain. 

Let's be honest, as much as i am happy with the Brittain signing, I can't imagine he would have had as much interest as the likes of Styles and Bowler will generate.

Edited by MarkBRFC

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's the alleged offer of 26k wage contribution to Liverpool for Davies when we can't seem to find enough for others i can't get my head around.

Does seem very far fetched that we'd pay that in wages to a loanee but refuse to go to that sort of level to keep Lenihan/Nyambe/Rothwell etc.

Particularly as  the money is allegedly there for the right player in terms of fees but the new wage structure is generally something set in stone unless it's to try and protect the value of a 30 goal striker such as Armstrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I think we'll be up against too much competition with Bowler. Bournemouth and Forest appear to be interested in him, and I think Everton might have even taken note after yesterday.

I dunno, he spent 4 years at Everton and didn't play a game. I could see Forest and Bournemouth taking a punt though. Failing that someone with parachute payments maybe.

Hope I'm wrong, but I don't see him herewith Hedges and Markanday in that role already. (Well aware Bowler is better than both but I just don't think we'll see it as a priority position).

8 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Does seem very far fetched that we'd pay that in wages to a loanee but refuse to go to that sort of level to keep Lenihan/Nyambe/Rothwell etc.

Particularly as  the money is allegedly there for the right player in terms of fees but the new wage structure is generally something set in stone unless it's to try and protect the value of a 30 goal striker such as Armstrong.

We went as far as 22 for Lenihen and that was for 4 years. 

Davies is a better player than him and even if only for a season perhaps they are banking on Phillips or another of our young CB playing a major role next season.

We don't know how far down the line we are with players like Brittain said his move was in the offing a couple of  but certainly appears we have money and are targeting quality which is always going to be harder to bring in 

6 minutes ago, goozburger said:

According to one article today, Beşiktaş are looking to complete the transfer of left wing-back Tayfur Bingöl from Alanyaspor, whom they've been looking at for a while. Apparently their vice-chairman will be wrapping up the deal this week. Perhaps Styles isn't as close to moving there as reported.

Yeah posted that Saturday night he is a Turkish international aswell 

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

It's the alleged offer of 26k wage contribution to Liverpool for Davies when we can't seem to find enough for others i can't get my head around.

Never underestimate the preference of economists to spend heavily in the short term to avoid spending lightly over the long term

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The only sense i can make of it is they were setting up a loan with a view to buy deal and maybe that would be knocked off the fee if it went through.

3 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Maybe just a coincidence, just seen on twitter JP’s brother wearing a Rovers shirt. 

Add this to him not being in the Brighton squad for their friendly and JPH commenting on Travis instagram plus Buckley liking comments about JP coming back to Rovers….

Looks to me like somethings happening.

Is this out of character compared to his activity on insta since he left?

7 minutes ago, callumrovers said:

Maybe just a coincidence, just seen on twitter JP’s brother wearing a Rovers shirt. 

Add this to him not being in the Brighton squad for their friendly and JPH commenting on Travis instagram plus Buckley liking comments about JP coming back to Rovers….

Looks to me like somethings happening.

That would be the bees knees! A sign of real intent.

Edited by 47er

4 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Is this out of character compared to his activity on insta since he left?

I suppose he does have a good relationship with the lads and if it was just that I wouldn’t think anything of it. Add everything together and it’s makes me think something is happening.