BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you haven't seen him much fine but I have seen more than enough to know we make an quality signing there. 

And you said exactly that about Pickering...he's bog standard league 1 full back.🙄

Let's see how he turns out for us as a replacement  for the very consistent RN. Good luck to the lad

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

And you said exactly that about Pickering...he's bog standard league 1 full back.🙄

Be fair. He's a good League One fullback. He's a bog standard Championship full back...if he can regain his earlier form with us.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

with untold millions to achieve it,which he only just did

Guardiola has achieved great success by spending millions yet hes heralded as the greatest manager in the modern game 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

I think you are still discounting how much better the ones who didn’t leave will perform. Plus, the “10 out, 1 in” is just yet another BRFCS doom mantra imo. To my mind, we have already replaced Nyambe and Rothwell with better - I’d wager Brittan will surpass Nyambe’s career Rovers assists by Easter and Buckley, if he takes the set pieces, will surpass Rothwell’s goals and assists from last year. Markandy seemingly doesn’t count as new because of his 15 minutes at Hull, and we are better off without Davenport and that slow bearded twat. If we start with Ayala and Wharton in the middle of a back four, it doesn’t matter in the short term that Lenihan and JPVH left. We need depth but not for the first few games.

Bottom line: I fully expect that the fitter, better coached, more motivated, more cohesive team we put out on Saturday would beat a Mowbray team from last year 8/9 times out of 10. Don’t you?

Hoping you're right with the last paragraph.

I have to give you full marks for Chaddy style optimism as regards the rest of the post. Brittain might give us a bit more going forward than Nyambe but I would suggest won't be as good defensively. How on earth  have we replaced Rothwell with "better" I.e. Buckley when they both played in the same team together for most of last season?

Also disagree we're better off without players if they haven't been replaced at all, no matter how ordinary they are. Not particularly worse off maybe, but certainly not better off either.

The one "addition" I would concede is Markanday - if JDT sees him as an automatic starter that is.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I have to give you full marks for Chaddy style optimism as regards the rest of the post. Brittain might give us a bit more going forward than Nyambe but I would suggest won't be as good defensively. How on earth  have we replaced Rothwell with "better" I.e. Buckley when they both played in the same team together for most of last season?

Also disagree we're better off without players if they haven't been replaced at all, no matter how ordinary they are. Not particularly worse off maybe, but certainly not better off either.

The one "addition" I would concede is Markanday - if JDT sees him as an automatic starter that is.

Adam Wharton will be better than Rothwell imo. Rothwell looked flashy but achieved very little.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Still not hearing you accept that the logical consequence of your rock-bottom opinion of Mowbray is an all-round, substantial improvement under the next guy….

Buckley was wasted as a false 9; I think he will be far more effective than Rothwell, pinging 30-yard through balls in the half the time it took Joe to complete his QE2-style turning semi-circle, and most will find their man as opposed to Joe running into five defenders. Whoever replaces Buckley’s more forward position will bag a lot more goals than our serial sitter-misser managed. I always felt Nyambe was bigged up on here as another Mowbray criticism, and it seems the rest of the football world agreed.

Anyway, just think how worried you’d be if Mowbray was still here…! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

I have no faith that Waggot can increase turnover. Only a genuine promotion bid will do that.

It’s going to be tough on most sides. If we hit over 10k attendances for the season that’s a massive well done to the Fans that attended. Sadly we are living in a world where job security is rife. Energy prices costing the same as rent/mortgage, This will effect all football league clubs without parachute payments. The fans make sacrifices every week financially to back our amazing club. The board are going about things the right way to keep this amazing club going for generations to come. Completely agree that promotion is the only way and these sanctions are just making it harder for clubs in certain catchment areas

Edited by Jlee1984
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well if you haven't seen him much fine but I have seen more than enough to know we make an quality signing there. 

So how many times have you seen him Chaddy

2 home and 2 away championship games?

Where else have you seen him ..... Down his local high street 

Edited by pomster
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, islander200 said:

Yeah your right so that's why I'm not criticising the club.Iv no idea what's going on behind the scenes not does the poster I quoted 

So you're confident about the season and new signings, yet you don't know what's going on---so where's the optimism come from? Its unfounded isn't it?

i'm worried because we knew for weeks and weeks that we needed 6 replacements --oven-ready, not youngsters and with 4 days to go we've signed one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, 47er said:

So you're confident about the season and new signings, yet you don't know what's going on---so where's the optimism come from? Its unfounded isn't it?

i'm worried because we knew for weeks and weeks that we needed 6 replacements --oven-ready, not youngsters and with 4 days to go we've signed one. 

I said I am taking the managers word for it.That there is money available and the club are working hard to bring in QUALITY.Im sure we would have signed players now if it was just a case of bodies through the door.

As for confidence?The squad as it stands isn't promotion material.Is it a squad capable of picking up wins in the short term  before we make anymore signings?Yes in my opinion.

As it stands is it the worst squad in the league?No 

I said yesterday if at the end of the window it's kids on loan and hardly any money spent then I would be critical but not gonna join in with the "Broughton has no contacts" "it will only be kids on loan" till I can make a judgement on what we have actually done not criticise the club pre deadline when it is purely guesswork 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Is it a squad capable of picking up wins in the short term  before we make anymore signings?Yes in my opinion

That's the key for me. Can we get by for 5 or 6 games? Absolutely. If the squad looks like this at the end of the window that of course its time to worry. I'd have liked more signings by now so I'm disappointed but I'm not at the stage where I'll be writing off GB and JDT, it's not panic stations yet. 

I'll give them a free pass for this window, they started late, didn't know the squad, new to the league etc hopefully with a bit of a run up the next windows will be more productive. If not, then we can start the slating. 

• Like 2

Rothwell was 26 when he started to produce some sort of good games. I would say there are some prospects younger than him at Rovers. Look at Harlock and Wharton. Rothwell was cheap buy from Oxford. Nyambe did not cost any transfer ger either nor did Lenihan so we havent lost a LOT in loosing them on a free..we Will see how

many games they Will get next season and how many chances Nyambe Will miss and Lenihan Will do some mistakes as we know he can.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 47er said:

"Oven-ready." 🤮 

We need 4 players if we're to kick on - we've signed one. Apparently we have a highly thought of CM coming in on loan. 

Bring me Styles and a CF and I'm happy. I'm delerious if you bring in a quality CB too.

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

"Oven-ready." 🤮 

We need 4 players if we're to kick on - we've signed one. Apparently we have a highly thought of CM coming in on loan. 

Bring me Styles and a CF and I'm happy. I'm delerious if you bring in a quality CB too.

I think a first choice centre half is still an absolute must to be honest - arguably as important as another midfielder which is also essential. As much as I'm happy to have Carter getting games this year, he's not proven at this level and Ayala is made of glass. Wharton is the only proven player who you'd expect to play most games in a league season. Add in that JDT might favour a back three at times, maybe one won't even be enough. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

That's the key for me. Can we get by for 5 or 6 games? Absolutely. If the squad looks like this at the end of the window that of course its time to worry. I'd have liked more signings by now so I'm disappointed but I'm not at the stage where I'll be writing off GB and JDT, it's not panic stations yet. 

I'll give them a free pass for this window, they started late, didn't know the squad, new to the league etc hopefully with a bit of a run up the next windows will be more productive. If not, then we can start the slating. 

Why should they get a free pass?  It took the club over a month to appoint.  The club should not get a free pass, neither should the people they appointed. They all knew the situation.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, islander200 said:

JDT and Broughton are not even 2 month in the job il wait and see what happens like I just said.And there have been windows were money has been spent.

There have been windows where money was spent but alas where needs weren't met.

However I'm prepared to believe that was down to "defenders are coming Tony" so I'll wait and and see.

ie I'll believe it when I see it.