BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

27 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

When you're paying a player anywhere up to £1 million a year it's not unreasonable to ask someone to live near their place of employment and connecting with the club and the supporters

I wouldn't sign anyone who insisted on him and him family continuing to live 200 plus miles away

I much prefer to leave to the player and the family decide where they want to live especially when you get different circumstances.  

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Yeah it is a tough one for him but he certainly struggled. The main issue for me is that if we don't sign a striker, Gallagher is not good enough to be our main one if we genuinely want to improve.

Vale is seemingly being judged by different standards, constantly with the caveat of "for a young lad."

I don't see the lack of striker signing being a problem and I would be happy with our current options plus Szmodics. 

Its BS that Jack Vale is judged by different standards. You have always been far to over critically on your judgement of players performances 

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I didn't realise that you was including Morton, so tallies up more numerically.

Don't see Styles signing and certainly not by the end of the week..

Well he is supposedly coming in is Tyler Morton. 

Do you have any info that Styles isn't coming in or just your usually attitude when people posted their info? 

1 hour ago, joey_big_nose said:

I think we do need a proper central striker who can play back to goal if we're going to play a narrow front four. Thought this tactical analysis was good : https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/blackburn-rovers-tomasson-team-pressing-24639177?fbclid=IwAR0mj3IdRkBX6YF74ESabXNot69DeQMjmPvQbKNi6Ur8jk4pvWUBNFrZ1LA

Part of the issue with our forward play breaking down on Saturday is there was no focus for forward passing. Hedges, Vale, Dolan, Gallagher, Brereton all want to face the ball and carry it. You can't have all four of your front players doing that but be setup to play narrow one twos. You need someone to be comfortable playing back to goal and bringing others in.

Whats surprising though is we haven't been linked to any target men at all, so maybe that isn't the plan? Or maybe we will play that way without a target man, but it just seems a bit odd?

That said centre back is the critical priority. We need 1 in perm and 1 in loan ASAP. Ayala could go down any second, and Wharton has had his fair share of injury issues also. 

Dack can play that role hopefully when fit

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I watched him yesterday in their friendly...Looks a decent player to be honest..I'm not sure where we'd put him, he's similar to Buckley i'd say.

Its a bit strange when we have Buckley, Garrett and A Wharton coming through we are using one of our loans on a young creative midfielder? Surely someone a bit more combative and experienced in midfield, or focusing on a CB recruitment would be the right way to go?

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, islander200 said:

You quote my posts enough.And you quote everything Chaddy puts on here usually rubbishing his view point.

He wasnt great at the weekend but did we create anything for him?His finishing is one of his biggest strengths.

All I'm saying is after one game ,it's too early to make a judgement by me you or anybody else on here.Jdt worked with him over a month and he saw fit to give him a start.

Natural goalscorers (of which I am not saying that he is or isnt, its an unknown until he shows at senior level) tend to have many more chances because they anticipate chances, its not simply a case of supplying, although our whole attacking game was not too effective at the weekend.

I just thought he struggled in general, a few times his lack of physicality meant that defenders got to the ball first, I suspect not many if anyone on the pitch had fewer touches, he wasnt a focal point, I dont remember him winning any headers, he didnt seem to have any pace.

Anyway we agree that we need a new striker so thats the main thing anyway.

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

I much prefer to leave to the player and the family decide where they want to live especially when you get different circumstances.  

I don't see the lack of striker signing being a problem and I would be happy with our current options plus Szmodics. 

Its BS that Jack Vale is judged by different standards. You have always been far to over critically on your judgement of players performances 

Well he is supposedly coming in is Tyler Morton. 

Do you have any info that Styles isn't coming in or just your usually attitude when people posted their info? 

I just dont see it happening. So many transfer rumours have been mentioned and rarely do they happen so I wouldnt assume anything or get your hopes up just yet.

Because he is a young lad, I feel like people are more forgiving shall we say, perhaps understandably compared to a more senior player. 

2 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Its a bit strange when we have Buckley, Garrett and A Wharton coming through we are using one of our loans on a young creative midfielder? Surely someone a bit more combative and experienced in midfield, or focusing on a CB recruitment would be the right way to go?

I would worry if Travis gets injured or suspended, that is for sure.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

blimey it was the 1st game of the season and if you look at all results over the weekend in the championship its very tight and close league. JDT is bringing a new style and way he wants us to press from the front. This will take time and patience from us fans to allow this happen. 

I think Jack Vale should be part of our first team squad and improve and develop under JDT's management. I won't be changing my opinion on it

To be honest with you, Chaddy, I'm not feeling the JDT 'revolution' right now. I was disappointed with what I saw on Saturday even though we won. I didn't see much different from the Mowbray era or much to get excited about.

I accept it's early yet, so this isn't a crazy 'get him out' post. It's underwhelming for me though, with how they came in with big talk, it felt exciting and the start of a new era. Yet the lack of transfer activity, Broughton going into the hiding and the way they are pushing this youth project is killing it for me.

The aim should be to kick on from last season's 8th place. Unless we make a few serious signings in the next few weeks, bettering 8th place is not likely to happen, IMO. I am concerned about the month of August and I fear Swansea and West Brom are going to run rings around us in the next couple of games. Hopefully, that turns out to be unfounded, but I can't get excited about any of this yet.

• Like 2

Strangely enough, I'm getting more confident that Styles will probably happen. Especially if Barnsley's form doesn't pick up after their opening defeat. Just a hunch but after seeing him be at fault for the goal, not tracking the runner might just make them feel like his head isn't in it and they need to get a deal done. 

Edited by Neal
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Not really - the CMs are pivots in this system. One isn't meant to be better defensively than the other - that's just what we have now in Buckley and Travis. 

Assuming they trust Garrett and Wharton (and I assume Edun), then Morton just adds depth to the position. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I just dont see it happening. So many transfer rumours have been mentioned and rarely do they happen so I wouldnt assume anything or get your hopes up just yet.

so you have zero inside knowledge? We haven't had many transfer rumours this summer at all. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Because he is a young lad, I feel like people are more forgiving shall we say, perhaps understandably compared to a more senior player. 

see I think you go OTT with your comments about our young players like Jack Vale. 

8 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

We are after a centre back signing aswell. 

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Good to see things are progressing....Sharpe also mentions in LT that  JVPH is out of contract next summer so Brighton won't sanction a loan until contract sorted. Might be a chance for us to buy him.

Honestly don’t see why we aren’t bidding for JPVH. 

12 months left on his contract, proved he can cut it at this level, at the age where he can improve, enjoys playing for the club. 

If we can bid £3m for the big Bosnian then surely put a similar bid in for VH and get that spot sorted. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Honestly don’t see why we aren’t bidding for JPVH. 

12 months left on his contract, proved he can cut it at this level, at the age where he can improve, enjoys playing for the club. 

If we can bid £3m for the big Bosnian then surely put a similar bid in for VH and get that spot sorted. 

There's a deal involving BBD to be done 

12 minutes ago, Neal said:

Strangely enough, I'm getting more confident that Styles will probably happen. Especially if Barnsley's form doesn't pick up after their opening defeat. Just a hunch but after seeing him be at fault for the goal, not tracking the runner might just make them feel like his head isn't in it and they need to get a deal done. 

O i'm sure Styles will leave, i think their fans have had enough of him...Its just whether he comes to us over someone else...Bournemouth, Fulham &  Forest were all originally interested in him but i think since have fallen away...

Recently its been us & Bejiktas...You just hope & pray someone like Boro don't come in for him.

Edited by BankEnd Rover

13 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

To be honest with you, Chaddy, I'm not feeling the JDT 'revolution' right now. I was disappointed with what I saw on Saturday even though we won. I didn't see much different from the Mowbray era or much to get excited about.

I accept it's early yet, so this isn't a crazy 'get him out' post. It's underwhelming for me though, with how they came in with big talk, it felt exciting and the start of a new era. Yet the lack of transfer activity, Broughton going into the hiding and the way they are pushing this youth project is killing it for me.

The aim should be to kick on from last season's 8th place. Unless we make a few serious signings in the next few weeks, bettering 8th place is not likely to happen, IMO. I am concerned about the month of August and I fear Swansea and West Brom are going to run rings around us in the next couple of games. Hopefully, that turns out to be unfounded, but I can't get excited about any of this yet.

I do find it strange how people are underplaying our chances and our expectations this season. Especially when we keep getting told that we have a healthy budget, as much as we have heard it before.

The Championship is particularly volatile when it comes to building a squad, there is a large reliance on loans, a regular churn of players and the yearly introduction of 3 sides sitting on parachute money. We have seen this summer more than ever how the exit of loanees and the inability to offer competitive wages causes a huge problem. Mowbray used to get criticised for going on about the journey ad nauseum yet so many people seem happy with a mid table finish and in some cases, writing the season off altogether as a learning curve. The benchmark has to be to improve on 8th.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I am feeling the JDT revolution right now and looking forward to us playing the style he wants us to play. Its the style of play and Formation I was saying we should be playing here. For me its work in progress and I would accept top half in his first season and transition season if its more time to bring in new style of play and his philosophy. I still think it won't take too long until we see JDT style of play and Philosophy working the way he wants and we be challenging for top 6

Transfers are happening and expect a couple in this week hopefully. Gregg Broughton is right not to be doing any interviews this week or until the transfer window ends. Fans shouldn't be expecting an update right now. Time to interview is mid September after the window ends and players are signed here. 

Rovers are right to keep bringing through our good young players and we have a category 1 status academy so we should be looking to keep bringing them through. No idea why its killing you either

West Brom and Swansea aren't anything special and I've no idea why you fear them and expect them to run rings around us. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I do find it strange how people are underplaying our chances and our expectations this season. Especially when we keep getting told that we have a healthy budget, as much as we have heard it before.

The Championship is particularly volatile when it comes to building a squad, there is a large reliance on loans, a regular churn of players and the yearly introduction of 3 sides sitting on parachute money. We have seen this summer more than ever how the exit of loanees and the inability to offer competitive wages causes a huge problem. Mowbray used to get criticised for going on about the journey ad nauseum yet so many people seem happy with a mid table finish and in some cases, writing the season off altogether as a learning curve. The benchmark has to be to improve on 8th.

We shouldn't be building our squad on loans but looking for 1 or 2 even 3 as max. Not 5

We will see our healthy budget being used in the coming days to sign some players

Out of interest - IF the scouts from Wham and Leeds were watching BBD on Saturday then they all left at the 70 minute mark. 

We had an excellent view of them all and the notes they were taking.

One scout we had no idea about, very well dressed in dark 3 piece suit and a very nice jacket and who spoke with a southern accent remained until the end.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

O i'm sure Styles will leave, i think their fans have had enough of him...Its just whether he comes to us over someone else...Bournemouth, Fulham &  Forest were all originally interested in him but i think since have fallen away...

Recently its been us & Bejiktas...You just hope & pray someone like Boro don't come in for him.

I genuinely think the hype around him has worn off and whatever Barnsley were originally asking, they ain't gunna get. Can't see many clubs coming on for him now. 

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

I genuinely think the hype around him has worn off and whatever Barnsley were originally asking, they ain't gunna get. Can't see many clubs coming on for him now. 

If we're in for him then we're doing it the right way...Hopefully similar to Brittain & by the time the Journos find out he's more or less signed.