BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

11 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Pretty accurate breakdown..no help needed. All the Buckley lovers quiet as mouse's for months last season have now reared their heads again. 

Think you may need help.

'mouse's' notwithstanding, what is a 'Buckley lover'. Is that someone who rates Buckley as a footballer? 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Yeh but you said the latter will never ever be successful. Plenty of players have dribbled their way successfully through defences over the years. Playing a through ball is just alot easier it seems, because you do less work to get that ball moving from your foot to the next player 

No I didn't.

I said 'more successful'.

*Sigh*

I am justifying people being entitled to their opinion, however ridiculous others may deem said opinion to be. Posters should then feel free to rip it to shreds by outlining how they are wrong. Not trying to shut debate down by simply posting banal ‘just back ‘em ffs’, ‘sooo negative’ stuff.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Not a big fan of breaking posts up Chaddy style but I thought this deserved its own reply.

Do you think being so patronising helps your argument?

That’s a fantastic list of all the things he and many other footballers do wrong at times.

There’s no point in me listing good things about his game, because despite @Mattyblue’s attempt to justify slagging players off without any actual balance, you’ve already come to a ridiculous conclusion.

Ill just put you into the “JAL” section of “posters I’ll try never to read or reply too again”.

Good day sir.

Are you ok? Patronising? Answered the question. I based it on watching him and despite wanting him to be what I thought he could be or shows glimpses of it simply wasn't the case. My patience wore thin. It's easy when you have a player from the academy to let off the hook or makes excuses for or whatever.

The list I gave of what I felt he was guilty of last year I'd say is very fair and accurate. If you dislike it or disagree, counter argue it.

Do you think you saying you'll put me in the "Jal section" would bother me? You engaged with me. 

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

*Sigh*

I am justifying people being entitled to their opinion, however ridiculous others may deem said opinion to be. Posters should then feel free to rip it to shreds. Not simply post banal ‘ just get behind ‘em ffs’, ‘sooo negative’ stuff.

There is a difference between a poorly thought out opinion and listing only the negative, bad aspects about someone and then suggest everyone else is lying to themselves to feel better.

Purposely incendiary - there’s many posters who get a kick from that shit here, MB. You know that surely?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Displaced Rover said:

Rothwell is criminally overrated by some people in here.

He was a decent Championship midfielder who I’d be be happy to still have but that’s about it. His end product was often poor and like some else mentioned his running up dead ends often left gaping holes in midfield.

Buckley has a much higher ceiling and will go far further in the game. I’d be genuinely shocked if Rothwell makes any sort of impact in the Premier League, whereas I’m sure that’s where Buckley will end up (ideally with Rovers!).

I could not agree more. 

Rothwell, really was not that good, the stats on him speak for themselves 

1 minute ago, BigBar said:

Are you ok? Patronising?

Suggesting anyone who sees redeeming quality, ability etc - is “telling yourself something you want to be true”?

Not what I’d call persuasive.

Answered the question. I based it on watching him and despite wanting him to be what I thought he could be or shows glimpses of it simply wasn't the case. My patience wore thin. It's easy when you have a player from the academy to let off the hook or makes excuses for or whatever.

The list I gave of what I felt he was guilty of last year I'd say is very fair and accurate. If you dislike it or disagree, counter argue it.

The list you made was only things you didn’t like. I assume you’ve seen the goal against Birmingham? Or the countless through balls, creative switches of play? Or the ability to nick the ball regularly by judging a pass?

Theres loads of positive to add to the areas he needs development in.

The idea that he’s been given a free ride because we “want him” to do well is just snidey, patronising and “Jalesque”

Do you think you saying you'll put me in the "Jal section" would bother me? You engaged with me. 

This section is reserved for people I think post purely for a reaction. From this perspective, you got what you asked for.

17 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

'mouse's' notwithstanding, what is a 'Buckley lover'. Is that someone who rates Buckley as a footballer? 

Are my posts really that confusing seriously? Surely you know what I'm saying. Not sure exactly what you are trying to prove here.

13 minutes ago, JBiz said:

There is a difference between a poorly thought out opinion and listing only the negative, bad aspects about someone and then suggest everyone else is lying to themselves to feel better.

Purposely incendiary - there’s many posters who get a kick from that shit here, MB. You know that surely?

And others can’t debate and try to shut it down with childlike posts like ‘just support the lads’, ‘stop being negative’, like someone ‘slagging’ a player on a thread on this obscure place is akin to booing them on the Blackburn End.

Does Big Bar get a kick out of that? Can’t say I’ve noticed it before. But if posters do engage in that, they should be banned as trolls, no?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, who's making those penetrative runs through the defence that we were all.getting a stonk on about pre Christmas last season. ? Mowbray should have got more out of JR, but he can do things nobody in this squad can do..hopefully he can do it at Premier league level but at times unplayable in this league.

Sorry but I have to disagree on the JR but he only did it on the odd occasion and scored once v Cardiff often he lost the ball leaving us wide open at the back and midfield! He will not excel in the PL as Bournemouth get carved up he most certainly is not a ball winner defensive wise

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Suggesting anyone who sees redeeming quality, ability etc - is “telling yourself something you want to be true”?

Not what I’d call persuasive.

The list you made was only things you didn’t like. I assume you’ve seen the goal against Birmingham? Or the countless through balls, creative switches of play? Or the ability to nick the ball regularly by judging a pass?

Theres loads of positive to add to the areas he needs development in.

The idea that he’s been given a free ride because we “want him” to do well is just snidey, patronising and “Jalesque”

This section is reserved for people I think post purely for a reaction. From this perspective, you got what you asked for.

Wow🤣 ok pal. Did Jal hurt you? Seems to be living rent free in your head. And before you try spin it, I don't post all the time and when I do it's never got a reaction. I'm not a troll. You have labelled me "snidey, patronising, Jalesque" yet act like somehow I've attacked you. Happy to debate with others on this but yeah please but me in your little section you've threatened.

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Negative’ police again. This place is getting very daft with all this.

For the millionth time, people can have whatever opinion they want on an obscure internet message board… they can ‘back’ them, ‘slag’ them or just think they are ok, it makes not one iota of difference to if a dozen posters on brfcs.com ‘get behind ‘em FFS’ or not.

You debate and explain why ‘player x is actually great’ (just like Mani is doing), don’t try and just shut debate down with more ‘negative’ barbs.

Just voicing my opinion ... just like you!

Get over it

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, BigBar said:

Pretty accurate breakdown..no help needed. All the Buckley lovers quiet as mouse's for months last season have now reared their heads again. 

Think you may need help.

Imagine people loving a player that plays for their club and came through the academy….

• Like 8

• Moderation Lead
23 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Yeah, but whatever you may think about someone’s opinion, they’re still entitled to it though.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You seem to be getting unnecessarily defensive. I just asked what a 'Buckley lover' is? I have no idea what that means?

Ah ok...I see what you are doing. I'll answer, I'd say a Buckley lover is someone who over exaggerate his performances and make excuses for poor runs of form and question anyone who thinks he is not all that, as we have seen already today.

• Moderation Lead

A shame I have to remind adults of this- but if you disagree with someone, that’s absolutely fine, but you’ll look a lot better if you tell them why you think they’re wrong, instead of shutting them down by calling them negative, or a moaner.

Everyone has a different opinion and they’re entitled to it, too!

• Like 2

Ah ok...I see what you are doing. I'll answer, I'd say a Buckley lover is someone who over exaggerate his performances and make excuses for poor runs of form and question anyone who thinks he is not all that, as we have seen already today.

In other words, just someone with a different opinion to yours. “Over exaggerate” and “make excuses for” are slightly odd aspersions to cast.

• Like 2