BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, sverrehh said:

Unless sign on fees are a part of the wage structure?

If we go to market we need Transfer fee + Sign on fee + Wages (within structure).

He is already ours so give him a good sign on fee and nice release clause say £18 million. That should protect everyones interests.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Do we have to break the wage structure though ? Don't we just offer a lucrative sign on fee ? We get that back when we either go up or sell him on under contract.

I'm not bothered how we do it as long as we secure his services.

We did the same for Rhodes and how can we forget Alan Shearer and his £4000 a week which eclipsed every play at the club.

To watch £20m walk away for free is criminal.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gav said:

I'm not bothered how we do it as long as we secure his services.

We did the same for Rhodes and how can we forget Alan Shearer and his £4000 a week which eclipsed every play at the club.

To watch £20m walk away for free is criminal.

I think part of the reluctance from Venkys is they gave Dack a massive deal then he did 2 ACLs. THere is something about the way they work these days that suggests they would rather lose money than get screwed over by agents or pure chance. Rather let someone go than pay bumper deals.

1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Interesting to hear JDT's comments after the game, especially about Hedges. He says Hedges is intelligent so wants him central when we are defending and don't have the ball. Perhaps another nail in the Dack comeback coffin? 

JDT also says the front 4 can go where they want when we are attacking. 

I would still like to see Bowler come in. I think he'd add another dimension to our attacking. 

Wonder if Markanday is not fancied by JDT or if is still not fit?

So far this season Hedges has been a revelation (only two games I know) but I would argue that he is the most important player in the front four rotational system that JDT prefers. His athleticism is ideal for it and his pass to Brereton yesterday was exquisite. I was told he has the highest numbers of all the players in the fitness matrices in games and training. He also has three assists now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arbitro said:

So far this season Hedges has been a revelation (only two games I know) but I would argue that he is the most important player in the front four rotational system that JDT prefers. His athleticism is ideal for it and his pass to Brereton yesterday was exquisite. I was told he has the highest numbers of all the players in the fitness matrices in games and training. He also has three assists now.

That’s good to hear. His favoured left foot was shown to good effect for Brererton’s goal but being a bit one footed nearly caused him to make a balls up of that chance for the first goal. Luckily he made amends with a short ball to the scorer.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If we go to market we need Transfer fee + Sign on fee + Wages (within structure).

He is already ours so give him a good sign on fee and nice release clause say £18 million. That should protect everyones interests.

Not sure that’s in his interest though. Probably reduces his options and the money he’d be able to get personally in 12 months as a club wouldn’t need to pay that £18m. Granted he’s got 12 months now on lower wages and could get injured but I doubt he’d want to tie himself to us longer term at moment

20 minutes ago, arbitro said:

he was a strange signing but showed signs thats he`s very useful towards the end of last season,i had my doubts about him because he was woeful whenever i watched aberdeen

• Like 1

4 hours ago, alexanders said:

Anyone with some good names who could be a decent replacement for BBD 

Like others have I not sure where and which PL teams will pay the money we want for BBD. The only club I can see coming in for him is Sevilla. Whether they pay the money for him I don't know. Many PL teams who want strikers are looking to Ligue 1 or Bundesliga for strikers instead of taking risks of signing Championship strikers. 

I think Rovers should try to get him to sign a new 3 year contract with a release clause of around 12 to 15 million and if we get PL the release clause is cancel and we can extend his contract by 12 months. 

27 minutes ago, arbitro said:

his pass to Brereton yesterday was exquisite.

He also has three assists now.

The pass was to the defender who cocked up under pressure

An header to the only person free who then scores a 35yd worldie is not an assist that I would count on my stats, I'd be ashamed.

He's done OK, was dispossessed lot v QPR, let's not get carried away too much at this stage...

Good athlete, has legs which is important.   He's come on a touch since the end of last season hopefully much more to come.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think Rovers should try to get him to sign a new 3 year contract with a release clause of around 12 to 15 million and if we get PL the release clause is cancel and we can extend his contract by 12 months. 

Why would he do that?  He's either going before deadline or in summer...I'd be happy for him to run his deal down and if we go up I'm sure we have a sit down with JDT and sort a proper deal.

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

An header to the only person free who then scores a 35yd worldie is not an assist that I would count on my stats, I'd be ashamed.

He's done OK, was dispossessed lot v QPR, let's not get carried away too much at this stage...

And here I was thinking you were going to tell us Sepp van der Berg is a worldie, with a box named after him at Deepdale (doesn't take much - they have a David Beckham one) and that we've missed out. 

• Like 2

Just now, Exiled_Rover said:

And here I was thinking you were going to tell us Sepp van der Berg is a worldie, with a box named after him at Deepdale (doesn't take much - they have a David Beckham one) and that we've missed out. 

It would certainly piss the nobbers off that would....probs even if he goes Burnley....although I'd like to see him here he's decent.

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Good athlete, has legs which is important.   He's come on a touch since the end of last season hopefully much more to come.

I disagree. The pass was perfect and the defender was close enough to Brereton but the quality of the pass took him out of the game. He read the flight of the ball perfectly and the touch off his chest was perfection. By definition if you make the pass that leads to a goal it's an assist irrespective of where the goal comes from. I'm not getting carried away by the way, I made reference to the fact it's only two games.

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I disagree. The pass was perfect and the defender was close enough to Brereton but the quality of the pass took him out of the game. He read the flight of the ball perfectly and the touch off his chest was perfection. By definition if you make the pass that leads to a goal it's an assist irrespective of where the goal comes from. I'm not getting carried away by the way, I made reference to the fact it's only two games.

Fair enough, I'd expect my defender to sort that but we agree to disagree 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Interesting to hear JDT's comments after the game, especially about Hedges. He says Hedges is intelligent so wants him central when we are defending and don't have the ball. Perhaps another nail in the Dack comeback coffin? 

JDT also says the front 4 can go where they want when we are attacking. 

I would still like to see Bowler come in. I think he'd add another dimension to our attacking. 

Wonder if Markanday is not fancied by JDT or if is still not fit?

Yes---the much touted Markandy who is never seen!