BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

30 minutes ago, Mike E said:

A lot of words but says very little imo.

Agreed. Says he part of his plans there but appears to be 5th choice there. Plus less 12 months left on his contract so a deal could still by done by Rovers if we offer the right terms there. Also I wonder if Van Hecke isn't available to sign whether we might move for centre back Matt Clarke from Brighton or Brentford centre back Charlie Goode. 

18 minutes ago, rigger said:

Let's get Phillips nailed down.

The contract offer is still there from Rovers and now down to what he wants to do. 

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

Because when 'Hartlepools United' was formed it came about from a merger between two Hartlepool clubs - one Hartlepool the other West Hartlepool I think.

It’s the other way round JHRover. (Confusingly I typed it wrong in my initial post). They were originally Hartlepools United. In 1969 three towns, Hartlepool, West Hartlepool and Hart merged to make Hartlepool Borough and the team also became Hartlepool to match. Then, in 1977, the team brought back United so their official name is Hartlepool United. That’s why it’s older fans who remember them as Hartlepools.

Not overly surprised that Van Hecke seemingly will not be coming.

I did wonder if it was wishful thinking after obviously a great spell last year, with Tomasson seemingly pursuing his own targets if rumours are to be believed, he even commented on Ben Davies being a good player.

1 hour ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

RV  Blue posted a perfectly feasible scenario in which Brereton signs a contract on the previous page.  I think he'll be off if a good enough bid comes in but if one doesn't he may well sign that kind of contract, especially after what happened to his good mate Dack.

Speaking of Dack, I don't think you have to be especially mobile to press effectively, sure it helps but on MOTD they highlighted Mitrovic doing it intelligently and he's no more mobile than our Bradley.

I would be pleasantly surprised if he does as I fear a huge hole in our attack, currently we have a few chipping in but not prolifically with Brereton very much the main man, take him out and we would need a big replacement.

But if I was advising him, its about risk and reward and there seems so much more potential reward from not signing a new deal yet. On the unlikely scenario that he gets a bad injury, it would be in our interests to offer him a new deal still rather than letting his deal expire so he wouldn't become unemployed.

Form what potter says it seems like Van Hecke himself wants to leave to make sure he's playing 1st team football and they are telling him to get his head down, be patient and be the 5th choice cb because they quite like him. 

12 months to go on his deal, Brighton might decide to look elsewhere. Less of a chance but still a chance

9 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

bowler off to forest apparently,not sure how accurate it is,but i was told this morning by someone with blackpool links,silly move tbh,he will earn a lot but is`nt going to play much,depends on what he wants i suppose

Is it silly? There is the money thing that you touch on but also it is a great chance to have a go at being a Premier League player, most would take that chance when they can get it. Hardly an impossible task to get into the Forest side.

• Like 4

Its that same thing again. Doubt will play much in Pl but he a good Championship player for when they expectedly go back down. Seems the recipe these days. Become a yo-yo club until you can establish yourself at the top table. 

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it silly? There is the money thing that you touch on but also it is a great chance to have a go at being a Premier League player, most would take that chance when they can get it. Hardly an impossible task to get into the Forest side.

forest have signed 13 new players,some of them for serious money,he is`nt going to walk right into the first team taking jesse lingards place is he!!!

22 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Everton are financially fooked

I wonder what the situation would look like, if the English leagues, had a salary cap like that in La Liga. How many clubs would struggle to make signings, or completely go bust 

5 minutes ago, alcd said:

Wplves have signed a striker who can also play in wide position for £27m so that probably cools if not ends any interest in Brereton Diaz. 

So wolves and west ham out of the running probably. That leaves Leeds and the European clubs. I imagine the euro sides will wait till January and get him for free. 

13 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

forest have signed 13 new players,some of them for serious money,he is`nt going to walk right into the first team taking jesse lingards place is he!!!

He may well not play every week (although Lingard is not very good) but why would he not take that opportunity if it comes? Even if he excels for a year or two longer at Championship level, there will still be huge doubts over his ability to play in the Prem until he actually gets a move there. Factor the money in and it is a no brainer.

• Like 1