BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 hours ago, Bethnal said:

9 days is both a very long time and not very long at all, so I’m anxious to see movement, but aware that we could have a signing lined up to announce this afternoon and I’d be none the wiser either way. I have to be hopeful and assume everyone is capable, but the only time I’ll know is at the end of it.

Thanks @Bethnal; that's exactly how I - and I can't help wondering how many others of the silent majority of readers of this Board - feel.

I just kinda want the window to have closed and then we'll know exactly what - who! - JDT has to work with until the next window opens. And, for me, the fewer nudges and winks from those who claim to be in the know, the better. It's not big and it's not clever, imo.

I'm perhaps a bit more sceptical than you, @Bethnal. It feels to me like the new model of running the club with Broughton - operating as the latter-day John Williams(?) -  deciding who he can recommend our owners to approve buying but being hamstrung by the bureaucracy which seems to bedevil communications between Ewood and Pune.

I hope that the new team of Broughton and JDT can work some kind of miracle that I thought they were working after three Championship games; but at present it's a case of "Calm down, dears" as we wait to see just whom JDT and his backroom team have to work with.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

*Dons tin hat.

JPVH. 

Thought he did well last year.  He's a blood and thunder type player.  Wears his heart on his sleeve, which always endears you to the player.  Thought his range of passing was decent also. 

However, we are likely talking a potential record fee (for us) if this 'special request' thing is to be believed. Is he worth it?

Out of all our recent loan centre backs, Tosin stood out to me as the best.  Didn't he go for a couple of million? 

I get the clamour to bring him back.  Player of the year, should increase in value etc. 

Any fee around £2-3 million and I'd agree.  Above that, I'm really not sure he's worth it. 

For me there is no USP.  Not lightning quick, not a Samba-like giant, not vastly experienced, probably lacks Tosin's ability to play through the lines.

Not proven above championship level. Is he better than Ayala?

Personally, I feel that  whilst we need to invest in defenders, they shouldn't be the major investment in a squad with many holes.

Always felt that you can get away with solid defenders (your Whartons) when  coached and drilled properly as a unit -at most levels. 

The 'special case' should be for an attacking player (be that midfield,wide or up top) that can potentially change/win you a game - and they are never cheap.

Morning preamble over😂

No tin hat needed. I think you put forward some good points and would say this is more like what this site is all about. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phili said:

This is Venky's they don't care. If a club meets their £20m valuation he is sold otherwise they are ok with him leaving for free next summer.

Any other club the writer of the article would be correct but here normal practices don't exist. 

It’s playing poker with a mask on so far as Venky’s are concerned. You can’t read your opponent’s poker face from the outreaches of Pune.