BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure Celta Vigo would appeal that much? Would it? 

Not sure they’ve ever paid more than 11 million for a player in there history either. These teams need telling, pay the asking price or don’t bother! 

1 hour ago, Gav said:

I often wonder if some posters seats actually face the pitch.

Khadra left the pitch on Saturday to a booming standing ovation, having played for one of the best sides in the division who had just torn us a new arsehole.

He was a constant threat, I wish we had him in the side now.

Come on Gav you know how this works with some posters. Lenihan - crap, Nyambe - crap, Rothwell - crap.  In a few days it will be Brereton too. The common denominator here is that they don't play for us now and therefore the opinion of some is skewed. I remember when Shearer went and one 'expert' said to me 'he's alright but we've got Gallagher who will score as many as him'.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Not sure Celta Vigo would appeal that much? Would it? 

Seems an odd one. Finished 11th in La Liga last season, but only managed just over 5k fans for their game vs Athletico Madrid, and their highest attendance of the season was 13k vs Barcelona. (29k capacity stadium) 

Surely in Spain the only clubs he’d fancy (excluding the top 3) would be Sevilla, Real Sociedad, Valencia, Real Betis or Villarreal. 

4 minutes ago, Bethnal said:

Overseas is BBD’s best footballing move. His progress through exposure to the Chilean National setup could be replicated in a different footballing culture.

Club now need to ensure Wasserman don’t play silly buggers over who they want to speak to/close a deal with. It should be the highest bidder and we should be looking to encourage to win and have the clearance to complete a deal.

From my very limited dealings with them (not in sports, admittedly) “Team Wass” are incredibly well-connected, knowledgable and competent from a perspective but - generally speaking - a bit of to deal with if you’re on the other side of the table. Hopefully Waggott and Suhail are up to . (🫤)

I'd also feel quite comfortable keeping him in my head as a cult hero too. Wouldn't mind a Celta Vigo BBD22 shirt.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Danny O.Brien said:

He'd do better over in la Liga in my opinion. Look how poor he started here when he was immediately under pressure from the fans/press given the amount we paid. As soon as he got away from that and enjoyed himself playing with Chile. He was like a new player  Everton might pay better but imagine the pressure he'd be under from day one. They are already being tipped for another relegation struggle. 

Agree with this. Like Armstrong, Brereton will struggle IMO in the fishbowl of the Premier League where all his flaws will be exposed. I think he'd do well in Spain

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JBiz said:

Trousering? Aka taking money out of the business?

Why on earth would they be putting 8/10m a season in via share capital then?

Well, wherever it goes, it won’t be going back into the playing squad, I’m sure we can all see that.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would be a good move for Brereton.

A mid table La Liga team and pressure would be 'manageable'.  If he's got what it takes to play in La Liga, and shows it, the bigger teams would soon come calling. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Kcaj93 said:

If you are referring ro Wharton and Carter well Wharton was already here last season so he isn't a replacement.

Whoever is playing center-half this season, are their replacements. You fill a position, not replace a player. Hopefully you get the best suited player to fill those positions.

• Moderation Lead
42 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

If by "trousered" you mean "funding working capital deficits because our (non-transfer) turnover is inadequate..." I suspect you are correct; but "trousered" suggests someone is pocketing money illicitly ?

Poorly worded from me in a hurry- I meant that it won’t be going back into the playing squad.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Maybe domestic reasons.

Neil lived in Longridge for a few years and if he's still there (or his family are) then it's a 3 hour journey to Sunderland whilst Stoke is about an hour and a quarter.

If he’s breaking  speed limits in a big way, then it’s an hour and a quarter! 

Otherwise, probs nearer two hours….

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I'd also feel quite comfortable keeping him in my head as a cult hero too. Wouldn't mind a Celta Vigo BBD22 shirt.

I think he’s a fair way away from being a cult hero. 

He’s been with us 4 seasons and had a good 5 months. Before last season, 80 games, 9 goals. 

Since January, he’s played 18 games and scored 4 goals. 

If we were looking at signing a replacement player with a similar record of one good half season in 4 years, how many would be moaning? 

Sell him and move on. 

5 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Well, wherever it goes, it won’t be going back into the playing squad, I’m sure we can all see that.

Depends if you class wages as “going into playing squad” since that’s where the bulk of all our money goes, above turnover, and makes up most of the debt to the owners.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
2 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Depends if you class wages as “going into playing squad” since that’s where the bulk of all our money goes, above turnover, and makes up most of the debt to the owners.

If we get £15 Million for BBD and we don’t spend it on players, (wages or fees) then it’s not gone back into the playing squad.

That’s about the size of it!

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If he’s breaking  speed limits in a big way, then it’s an hour and a quarter! 

Otherwise, probs nearer two hours….

I was gonna say! Is he flying to work? 

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

If we get £15 Million for BBD and we don’t spend it on players, (wages or fees) then it’s not gone back into the playing squad.

That’s about the size of it!

See Ian’s post above - even if they didn’t spend a penny of it on extra players, and the owners just used it to cover losses, it’s STILL going into the squad, because we’re losing millions per season with wages > turnover!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JBiz said:

Classing wages as part of this football clubs budget shows how far we've fallen, it really does. 

We all remember back in 2011/12 these owners basically sacking club legends "To bring wages under control" another abject failure from the Pune morons. 

Apathy or ambition? Blackburn or Middlesbrough, Venkys or Gibson........ 

• Like 2

• Moderation Lead
6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

See Ian’s post above - even if they didn’t spend a penny of it on extra players, and the owners just used it to cover losses, it’s STILL going into the squad, because we’re losing millions per season with wages > turnover!

If we sell players and don’t use the proceeds to improve the squad then that tends not to end well….

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Gav said:

Classing wages as part of this football clubs budget shows how far we've fallen, it really does. 

We all remember back in 2011/12 these owners basically sacking club legends "To bring wages under control" another abject failure from the Pune morons. 

Apathy or ambition? Blackburn or Middlesbrough, Venkys or Gibson........ 

Middlesbrough averaged 22k last season at home, we averaged 13.5k. You can't spend money you don't have Gav!

Edited by Mellor Rover