BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Also agreed a fee for Hyam suggestions could be £2.5 million.

Coventry fans say 1.5M and are hopping mad about it!

They also claim we came in earlier with a bigger offer and Coventry rejected it!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

We could be 23rd in the League based on the last 2 results! Bit early for those sorts of conclusions.

Anyway, they didn't have Clarke then did they?!!!

However we are 4th even with the last 2 results...

Anyway, we didn't have Hyam then either! But hey I guess only you can jump to conclusions early 🤪

14 minutes ago, 47er said:

We'll be selling Brereton though?

Yeah but Brererton on low wages so yes hopefully some of that money will go on a goalscorer.

We still can't be running a squad with 20-25 or similar quality and wages with our turnover the way it is. 

Of course the club need to be doing more to drive income up but as it stands the Wage bill needs to remain reasonable.

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

Well it doesn't prove anything. its indicative though.

We could be 23rd in the League based on the last 2 results! Bit early for those sorts of conclusions.

Anyway, they didn't have Clarke then did they?!!!

Blimey your glass is half empty isn't it? 

1 hour ago, 47er said:

They also claim we came in earlier with a bigger offer and Coventry rejected it!

Sounds about right doesn’t it 🙄

We are in big trouble, if our target is only 3 more signings. This team has no goals in them, and cant keep goals out. We really have to sell Brereton now, and hope that Venkys allows us to re invest that money. If not, this is going to be a long long season of frustration 

• Like 5

What Broughton and JDT need to realise - and quickly is that the championship is a very   physical and competitive league. 

It's not like Sweden or Norway where you might be able to play 4 or 5 young lads every week and get away with it. 

We have 2 or 3 potentially very good young players.  They need drip feeding into the side over a season. 

We are expecting the expecting them to play 90 mins or change the game from the bench. 

Broughton saying we are happy with our midfield options with 2 19 year olds and an 18 yr old is one of the most stupid comments I've ever heard. 

This flexible 4 bollocks doesn't work.  Certainly not with the players we have.  

The whole side lacks pace, height  and physicality - they are basic requirements in the championship. 

• Like 8

25 minutes ago, Iceman said:

We are in big trouble, if our target is only 3 more signings. This team has no goals in them, and cant keep goals out. We really have to sell Brereton now, and hope that Venkys allows us to re invest that money. If not, this is going to be a long long season of frustration 

Spot on. This is a league for squads and seasoned pros. We are starting to see the results of our naive 'strategy' and it won't end well.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Who's going to score any goals if Brerrton goes?

3 hours ago, 47er said:

Huh. Okay. I guess I revoke my earlier comment that they could have got Hyam weeks ago.

Having seen the improvement in Phillips today I'm beginning to change my mind on needing a second CB. I really wouldn't like to see us wasting money on Caulker, we'd be better looking at LB and cover for RB.

If we can wrap Adam Wharton in cotton wool we might be able to cope in midfield as well. 

Need some width on the right and extra firepower however.

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

Talk of no more than 3 signings is deeply alarming given how lacking we are.

I'm ok with Caulker coming in to bolster defensive options as a backup to Ayala, S. Wharton, Hyam, Carter and Phillips. I think that looks like a fairly decent set of central defenders.

Hyam is a very solid Championship signing so pleased with that. Its not Van Hecke but it'll do (funny how things work out if Mowbray takes the Sunderland job and Van Hecke ends up on loan there).

Beyond central defence, I'm really worried about the lack of strength in midfield, and we need a focal point in that centre forward position that we've been lacking since Danny Graham was a starter. Going back to last season we just seem to have a bunch of headless chickens running around in the attacking roles. Dack adds some creativity and vision but everyone else is far too erratic - Dolan in particular needs to improve his footballing brain.

Other than that, as many have said Pickering is a concern, likewise the backup options for Brittain. JRC should be nowhere near the first team at the moment. I'd sooner starter Hayden Carter as RB if Brittain is injured.

Yeah...3 signings isn't going to be enough.

• Like 4