BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

7 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Diaz is more than happy - keep him unless the bid is ridiculously good and we’re that confident in a top replacement coming in. I highly doubt the latter.

Big day tomorrow; a few decent additions and we have half a chance this season.

the league is wide open this year,last year was a closed shop,fulham and bournemouth were always going to be promoted with the money they spent,no one stands out this year,maybe sheff utd but i doubt they will keep up their form

Could do with BBD  signing a new 2 year contract with a 15 mil release clause.  A bit of security for us and him. He will always get that big move and will get a choice of clubs if it isn’t rushed on transfer deadline day. 

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

How much of the £75m from the sale of Adam Wharton do you think will get reinvested? 

No, we won't think it's worth giving Phillips and Wharton £10 k p.w.

We won't want to upset the rest of the lads and will be happy to watch another £115m worth of talent walk out of the door.

• Like 1

Just now, Galz said:

Could do with BBD  signing a new 2 year contract with a 15 mil release clause.  A bit of security for us and him. He will always get that big move and will get a choice of clubs if it isn’t rushed on transfer deadline day. 

What if he gets an injury or loses form? Putting my Rovers allegiances aside, I think he'd be mad not to grab this opportunity. It may never come round again and then you regret it forever. 

1 minute ago, rovers11 said:

I strongly suspect that was Diaz's last game for us. The club cannot afford to lose him for nothing and he deserves a prem move. Good luck to him. 

Yeah he's defo going. There are at least half a dozen Prem clubs interested. One of them is going to spend the required cash.

I wonder if we have anyone lined up. We're going to have no time for searching.

1 minute ago, joey_big_nose said:

Yeah he's defo going. There are at least half a dozen Prem clubs interested. One of them is going to spend the required cash.

I wonder if we have anyone lined up. We're going to have no time for searching.

Definitely, 15m is not a lot of money for a Premier league club to spend. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

By that logic, fans on here must know more than Mowbray, after he elected to play Bradley Johnson as a false 9?

For 15 minutes, in one match, then abandoned when it clearly (obviously) didn't work - always makes me chuckle when this gets bandied about like it's something he did more than once 😅

Anyway, if that's the last time we see BBD in the blue & white halves, it's a good way to sign off - good luck to him and I hope we make a stupid amount of money off him tomorrow.

Tonight showed us that the future is very bright for Rovers and a couple more additions tomorrow, we'll do alright this season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

What if he gets an injury or loses form? Putting my Rovers allegiances aside, I think he'd be mad not to grab this opportunity. It may never come round again and then you regret it forever. 

If nobody puts the cash up tomorrow and If he got a bad injury and out for a year and not quite recover his form then they might not all be clambering so his contract would see him good. Works both ways. Wish the lad all the luck whatever happens. He looks so happy at the moment though, would be a shame to go to a relegation prem club and go missing or be on the bench. Suppose our wage structure makes it very hard to get him to agree a new deal. Hoping for a decent day tomorrow.