BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

2 minutes ago, CoconutGrove said:

I can see him agreeing to a half pay out if he knows he’s going to be frozen out for a year if he stays. 

He’s at the age now where he needs to be playing senior football and a year out would potentially set his whole career back.

If he has another club lined up yeah I could see him taking a percentage of is contract to leave. If he don't have a club lined up though it would be silly to give up money you are entitled to

8 minutes ago, alexanders said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-bristol-city-targets-7418321

Maybe someone here.

The number one target should be Mathias Normann. Was almost 100% ready for Lecce in Serie A on loan from Rostov, but Lecce decided to cancel the deal. 

He is tough as nails, comes with PL experience and pop ups with the occasional goal. Would be a perfect signing on loan with option to buy. 

Thought you said Lothar Matthaus for a second ad thought that's a bit desperate

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alexanders said:

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/premier-league-bristol-city-targets-7418321

Maybe someone here.

The number one target should be Mathias Normann. Was almost 100% ready for Lecce in Serie A on loan from Rostov, but Lecce decided to cancel the deal. 

He is tough as nails, comes with PL experience and pop ups with the occasional goal. Would be a perfect signing on loan with option to buy. 

Not that's it's really relevant, but he's doing wonders for me on my FM Villa save. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'll help. 

Loan to buy? Wtf is that? Can someone explain it to me

You loan a player and at the end of the loan period, you either agree to buy him at a pre set amount, or he goes back to his parent club.

7 minutes ago, Spankus Munky said:

If he has another club lined up yeah I could see him taking a percentage of is contract to leave. If he don't have a club lined up though it would be silly to give up money you are entitled to

On the flip side, if he’s a free agent he’s likely to have more interest and could make up the remaining money from his new contract.

5 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

I'll help. 

Loan to buy? Wtf is that? Can someone explain it to me

It's a bit like buying a car with a balloon payment at the end.  That future payment is set in advance, so you can benefit from increase in value, equally you can refuse to buy and hand it back if you feel its not a great runner

23 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

The whole time, using this window as a perfect example. 

Again, any examples will be welcome. Should be easy to find ey!

The onus of proof is on you my friend, you said he's never broken an 'exclusive'  If you could list all Mowbray's signings and confirm who ran the 'exclusive' then that would be really helpful. Shouldn't be difficult 👍

Not sure how i'd line up now with the way Wharton / Morton played and the vision and touches from Dack. Feels like the 3 of them could link up brilliantly together, but wouldn't really want Dack as a 'false 9'. 

Travis, Wharton, Morton in the middle, Dack in the hole and 2 upfront? Doesn't give us much width and it's a completely different formation (not to mention the lack of strikers). 

Be interesting to see where we end up after today. Backup full backs seem the biggest priority and a striker (unless Hirst is the instant answer)

• Like 1