BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

5 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'm not ITK, are you? Plenty of rumours that he's happy here and doesn't want to leave (yet!)

You don't have to be ITK to know they turned offers down and would only sell if their price was met. It's literally been all over the press. 

The facts he's happy here is irrelevant if nobody met the valuation. He didn't have a choice but to stay. We'll never know that bit but the fact he won't sign a new contract suggests he'll be off within the next 12 months. 

Edited by Sweaty Gussets

16 minutes ago, superniko said:

How would people line-up at full fitness now then? (with the obvious caveat of unknown capabilities of some signings)

Kaminski

Brittain - Hyam - Wharton - Pickering

Wharton - Travis - Morton

Dack

Hedges - Brereton

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Mola, Buckley, Szmodics, Gallagher, Hirst

Backup: Carter, Philips, Edun, JRC, Garrett, Dolan, Vale

Perhaps I'd start Ayala, when fully fit he's one of the best in the leauge.

Broadly agree with a couple of tweaks. I think we would probably go like this in a 4231, and from Gregg's comments when he signed Hirst is viewed as a starter. And I can see Dack being more of a bench player when everyone is fit.

Kaminski

Brittain   Hyam   S Wharton  Pickering

Travis      Morton

Hedges     A Wharton     Brereton

Hirst

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Mola, Buckley, Szmodics, Gallagher, Dack

Think we will also play 30-40% of our games in 343 across the season. Think Ayala may not play that much as he won't let us push up due to lack of pace, and if we are honest with ourselves he's going to be injured for most of the season anyway.

Kaminski

Carter    Hyam  S Wharton 

Brittain      Travis      Morton     Pickering

A Wharton

Hirst                   Brereton

Edited by joey_big_nose
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, superniko said:

How would people line-up at full fitness now then? (with the obvious caveat of unknown capabilities of some signings)

Kaminski

Brittain - Hyam - Wharton - Pickering

Wharton - Travis - Morton

Dack

Hedges - Brereton

Subs: Pears, Ayala, Mola, Buckley, Szmodics, Gallagher, Hirst

Perhaps I'd start Ayala, when fully fit he's one of the best in the leauge.

If Ayala, Hyam and Wharton are all fit it's a real head scratcher as to who starts for me. However I'd guess that situation will be a rarity to be honest. I like Ayala but for fitness reasons maybe Hyam for a settled back line

In midfield, Travis starts. Wharton if he can consistently produce like he did in the last game should be starting but that's a lot of pressure and expectation for a young lad but if he can handle it then great. If not i'm more than happy with Morton. 

Kaminski

Brittan - Hyam - Wharton - Pickering*

Travis Wharton 

Hedges Dack BBD

Hirst 

*or Mola if he can do a job there but I don't know much about him

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

I'd have to watch again, but I can't really remember Bowler getting to the byline too many times...  I felt like the more obvious threat was coming from their left (our right) in the form of Lavery and their left back (name escapes me).  

Certainly in the first half the knobhead known as Lavery was the more serious threat.

I can't recall many crosses from Bowler but yet to watch a replay.

JDT targeted Bowler and tactically dealt with him well.

Hyam will be a mainstay of our back line.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 3

• Backroom

I'll try something different :

Kaminski

Ayala  Hyam  Wharton

Brittan                           Pickering

Travis   Wharton

Dack

Hirst      Brereton

Bench:

Pears, Carter, Edun, Morton, Buckley, Szmodics, Hedges, Gallagher

Not sure I have the numbers right on the bench, but I aimed for a strong team, with as versatile a bench as possible alloeing for direct subs as well as tactical changes.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

You don't have to be ITK to know they turned offers down and would only sell if their price was met. It's literally been all over the press. 

The facts he's happy here is irrelevant if nobody met the valuation. He didn't have a choice but to stay. We'll never know that bit but the fact he won't sign a new contract suggests he'll be off within the next 12 months. 

Its also been reported  that he's happy and doesn't want to leave, not least by one on here who got it off his parents.

Just now, Mike E said:

Kaminski

Ayala  Hyam  Wharton

Travis   Wharton

Dack

Hirst      Brereton

Bench:

Not sure I have the numbers right on the bench, but I aimed for a strong team, with as versatile a bench as possible alloeing for direct subs as well as tactical changes.

No Philips, not even on the bench! He won't sign on that basis. Problem eh?

1 hour ago, RoverDom said:

Out of interest, does anyone have a list of those who will be out of contract in the summer. 

Will ayala not have a year option as seems to be the norm these days? 

Even if he does it will be in the clubs favour so hopefully the club won't activate it.

Class defender for this level but hardly ever fit and his wages could be used on someone more reliable 

8 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Kaminski

Ayala  Hyam  Wharton

Travis   Wharton

Dack

Hirst      Brereton

Bench:

Mola instead of Edun on the bench hopefully.

Surely he will be better than Edun or no point in signing him 

Edited by islander200
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Broadly agree with a couple of tweaks. I think we would probably go like this in a 4231, and from Gregg's comments when he signed Hirst is viewed as a starter. And I can see Dack being more of a bench player when everyone is fit.

Kaminski

Brittain   Hyam   S Wharton  Pickering

Travis      Morton

Hedges     A Wharton     Brereton

Hirst

Think we will also play 30-40% of our games in 343 across the season. Think Ayala may not play that much as he won't let us push up due to lack of pace, and if we are honest with ourselves he's going to be injured for most of the season anyway.

Kaminski

Carter    Hyam  S Wharton 

Brittain      Travis      Morton     Pickering

A Wharton

Hirst                   Brereton

Dack has to be a starter, him and Brererton are the 2 players who can be relied upon for goals

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jimmy612 said:

Okay, barring one shot which went over (first half I think) and one volley from a corner (not related to Pickering's performance, I can't remember him having any joy whatsoever. 

He's not my favourite by a mile, I've been extremely critical of him, but if Blackpool's best player has little more than a sniff against him then he's done his job, has he not? 

Just on the... "he's left footed mate" - he's a Premier League footballer - if he doesn't have the capacity to beat a full back on the outside and cross with his weak foot, he shouldn't be there, frankly - especially when his preferred avenue has clearly been found out by the opposition.  Grealish could be a decent comparison - right footed naturally plays on the left,  and certainly isn't afraid to go on the outside and keep his opposite number guessing. 

I agree.

I think with Bowler turning inside naturally made Pickerings life easier that evening. He didn't do anything wrong,  but I still want him out.

Bowler 2m, Grealish 100m....you pays your money you get the goods.

• Like 1