BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Ayala is a class defender at this level but i'd say it'll be near impossible to get 10 straight starts out of him.

Given age and wages as well if there is an opportunity to let him go without having to pay him up it's probably best.

However on the back of Lenihen going and no JPVH i'm really beginning to get concerned about this coming season.  This new DoF and incoming whomever better have some solid defensive ideas and good contacts.

Because they'll have nee brass.

Same.

As things stand, we're in the brown stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Hands down our best defender. 

Yes you’re right but last season wasn’t just bad luck. It’s the same every season. Throwing the towel in during the warm up at an away game last season was the final straw for me. The Kevin Moran’s of this world wouldn’t throw the towel in like that.

• Like 2

I doubt if we would get any part of a transfer fee, to try to replace Ayala. Therefore I would keep him. He is a good player, and I would be trying to get him interested in becoming a defensive coach, for the future. 

Edited by rigger

Tough one with Ayala. All logic dictates that getting a big earner who cant stay fit off the payroll even if there was no fee is a no brainer.

That said, such is the lack of options with only Wharton who is good but fairly young and Carter unproven at this level available, we might need to keep those 15 games in which we will have some experience at CB.

• Like 1

Lots of players available on frees that will soon be snapped up I guess. Sheyi Ojo, Will Vaulks, Jonjoe Kenny and Tobias Figeuredo amongst what ive seen today. No idea if any are good enough to genuinely improve us but they will go elsewhere by the time we appoint a manager anyway.

• Like 2

if there's a fee on the table for ayala, i say take it and reinvest both the cash and the huge wage we'd save. if not, and it's a cut the contract and run thing, keep him for his last year and use his nouse to guide the younger lads.

Edited by nbdelboy
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, Spartakfenni said:

Ben Mee released from turd moor. He could do a job for us for a couple of seasons. A real warrior, and born leader.

He’s about to sign for Villa. Very much out of our league, literally. 

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Lots of players available on frees that will soon be snapped up I guess. Sheyi Ojo, Will Vaulks, Jonjoe Kenny and Tobias Figeuredo amongst what ive seen today. No idea if any are good enough to genuinely improve us but they will go elsewhere by the time we appoint a manager anyway.

Yeah I just noticed Figueiredo had been released, I'd be all over that for sure. Not expecting us to be that quick off the mark mind 😣

I saw couple of weeks ago Alfie Mawson and Michael Hector had been released , If Ayala does go/unavailable for 25 games a season we will need some experience there 1 or both of them 2 would be ideal (wages dependant) 

• Like 1

Lenihan leaving itself doesn’t bother me. 

The fact we got relegated with Lenihan and Mulgrew in the side 5 years ago, and we’ve never permanently signed a better defender to the club in all that time, worries me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Hourihane would be a really good addition on a free, or would be if we had a manager this side of Christmas. Experienced, a good passer and left footed so I could see him complimenting Travis.

Drinkwater and Musonda released by Chelsea.

Stay well clear of Drinkwater.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hasta said:

The fact we got relegated with Lenihan and Mulgrew in the side 5 years ago, and we’ve never permanently signed a better defender to the club in all that time, worries me.

Think he’s a better defender now than he was then then but yes that is  a worry 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Hasta said:

We’ve only signed one permanent centre half in four years, Only paid a fee for one In *EIGHT* years! Some set up this and the new fella comes in spouting the old ‘the owners want sustainable Premier League football’ line. Fantasy land stuff.

75D27B67-605F-40C1-B66F-1CE5EBDB765E.jpeg

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

5 subs next season again allowed. We dont even have that many!

Personally I think the EFL should spend more time thinking of ways to improve the standard of referees. Rather than tinkering with trivia.

• Like 4

On 06/06/2022 at 19:19, bluebruce said:

I think an early sale for good money for BBD is the ideal outcome. Getting nothing for him next summer isn't an acceptable result. We also need the money for a rebuild, and it's not much good to us if it only comes in with a day left of the window.

It would be acceptable if he helped us to promotion, but like you say rovers need the money to rebuild.

22 hours ago, rigger said:

Personally I think the EFL should spend more time thinking of ways to improve the standard of referees. Rather than tinkering with trivia.

Best comment I have read for a while, I saw some refereeing last season that belongs up Witton park on a Sunday, Why not Have a Referees table, the worst three are relegated to Division 1 to referee, and the best three promoted.

Edited by RoversTilliDie
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, RoversTilliDie said:

It would be acceptable if he helped us to promotion, but like you say rovers need the money to rebuild.

Absolutely. I don't see promotion as being remotely on the cards this season though.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Kenny would be first choice to replace Nyambe now that Kane Wilson has gone to Bristol City. 

Figeuredo would be decent addition to the squad. 

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Bacuna always seems to cause us problems. Dunno if Josh Murphy is as good as his twin. Flint is getting on a bit now but might be good for a season.

Flint is going to Stoke I have read.