BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Transfer Window - COMPLETE. Where’s Gregg?

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

How do you know that they were good offers? I am not convinced that we are offering competitive wages to be honest.

You have from the CEO and Manager that we made them good offers plus other different sources. 

If you don't the trust of them or we weren't offering competitive wages then that's your problem. I trust the info I have. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You have from the CEO and Manager that we made them good offers plus other different sources. 

If you don't the trust of them or we weren't offering competitive wages then that's your problem. I trust the info I have. 

Why is it always about trusting everyone, often blindly whilst removing critical faculty?

We may well have offered good offers relative to our budget but if the budget was small to begin with, then it isn't good relative to the general market.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What I am saying is that the club appears to offered a very good deal to both Dl and RN both have turned it down. Do you expect Rovers to break their salary structure ? I don’t and I am sure others won’t. DL stated he has premier league ambitions and signed for a club that finished 2 place above us in the league ! Nyambe thinks he is a PL player in the making I like many disagree again he is only worth what the club think in terms of salary there is no need to break limits. So on the basis of the above added to lengths of contract then yes the club have done what they can it is the players who have declined the offers and who have all the cards in their favour - DL going to Boro wont change my mind about them being an awful club  however it’s worth noting that it appears not one other club bigger or better than Boro have come in for him! Likewise RN, led to some fans think in he was leeds bound however once again there is little sign of any big clubs coming in for him and if he thinks Stoke is his future ambition wise then good for him another shithouse club shit fans and most certainly not a club with bigger ambition than Rovers

I think you are coming at things from the polar opposite to me.

When I see Nyambe and Lenihan moving to clubs like Stoke and Middlesbrough I don't feel good about it, and I don't think it proves anything about those players moving to rival 2nd division mid table clubs.

I think it only offers a very alarming insight into the state of things at Blackburn Rovers, that despite nurturing these lads and them being mainstays of our team having been here since childhood, that these lads are now seeing their future away from Ewood and seeing clubs like Middlesbrough and Stoke as better places to be.

I think that is very alarming, worrying and needs changing, because those running this club are effectively reducing us to a lower class than even the likes of Middlesbrough and Stoke, not to mention Lancashire rivals when it comes to attendances and ticket sales.

A lot of Rovers fans seem to want to ignore this angle and instead adopt the approach of "told you they weren't that good" as they move to rivals, as though it somehow vindicates our approach and that we are going to come out of this situation better off. I think we are better focusing our efforts on the former and not trying to convince ourselves that moves to Stoke and Middlesbrough prove us right.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

You are or appear to absolving the players part in contract negotiations, the club can do loads but if the player declines then that’s it !

We don't know whether the Club have done "loads" or not though. Obviously in the case of the tens of millions of pounds of talent that have just been allowed to walk out of the door for nothing we didn't do "loads" as none of them saw fit to sign the deals on offer. If the Club REALLY wanted to keep any of the players whose contracts were running down, they would offer them what they wanted and endeavour to make savings elsewhere.

Of course the problem isn't just a recent one, once it gets to a certain stage it's probably to late to rectify it, it's years in the making of Waggott and Mowbray failing to identify, prioritise and protect our key assets whilst at the same time wasting money or peeing money up the wall elsewhere on dross.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You trust the CEO to provide an honest account? Wow

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

1. What I am saying is that the club appears to offered a very good deal to both Dl and RN both have turned it down. Do you expect Rovers to break their salary structure ? I don’t and I am sure others won’t. DL stated he has premier league ambitions and signed for a club that finished 2 place above us in the league ! 2. Nyambe thinks he is a PL player in the making I like many disagree again he is only worth what the club think in terms of salary there is no need to break limits. So on the basis of the above added to lengths of contract then yes the club have done what they can it is the players who have declined the offers and who have all the cards in their favour - DL going to Boro wont change my mind about them being an awful club  however it’s worth noting that it appears not one other club bigger or better than Boro have come in for him! Likewise RN, led to some fans think in he was leeds bound however once again there is little sign of any big clubs coming in for him and if he thinks Stoke is his future ambition wise then good for him another shithouse club shit fans and most certainly not a club with bigger ambition than Rovers

1.  Based on what evidence?  The only facts I see to date are that they have both turned it down. 

2. This sounds like pure conjecture.  Has Nyambe come out and said that?  Has his agent? 

• Like 1

I would say Nyambe could play in the premier league

You look at full backs like Van Aanholt who made a career from being physically better than wingers. Nyambe can be as good as him. 
Let’s stop throwing shade at Nyambe who has been a great player for us over the years. He’s as good a right back you can get in this league if you ask me. The only thing he lacks is pinpoint crossing but I still think the right coaching can get that out of him 

let me put it this way, I think Nyambe is a bigger loss than Lenihan 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

CEO being Waggott?  Manager being.... Mowbray or JDT? 

4 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

We don't know whether the Club have done "loads" or not though. Obviously in the case of the tens of millions of pounds of talent that have just been allowed to walk out of the door for nothing we didn't do "loads" as none of them saw fit to sign the deals on offer. If the Club REALLY wanted to keep any of the players whose contracts were running down, they would offer them what they wanted and endeavour to make savings elsewhere.

Of course the problem isn't just a recent one, once it gets to a certain stage it's probably to late to rectify it, it's years in the making of Waggott and Mowbray failing to identify, prioritise and protect our key assets whilst at the same time wasting money or peeing money up the wall elsewhere on dross.

When they tried to sell one of them to raise funds on what would have been a large profit on a Mowbray signing, the owners wouldn't let them! Your refusal to give them a tiny bit of the blame is laughable.

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Why is it always about trusting everyone, often blindly whilst removing critical faculty?

We may well have offered good offers relative to our budget but if the budget was small to begin with, then it isn't good relative to the general market.

I trusted the people telling me the info. You seem to have trust issue problem. 

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

You trust the CEO to provide an honest account? Wow

Well if you don't then fine but when you have the same info from several different sources that is all the same info you tend to lead you that its honest account. 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You have from the CEO and Manager that we made them good offers plus other different sources

To put it in your own typical response chaddy

Have you seen these offers? .... Are you privy to seeing them?

Who are these other sources? ..... maggot, Broughton, Pasha maybe?

4 minutes ago, Jimmy612 said:

CEO being Waggott?  Manager being.... Mowbray or JDT? 

Waggott and Mowbray. 

JDT wasn't here then and is the head coach here and Gregg Broughton wasn't here then who will deal with the contracts now instead of Waggott

Well if you don't then fine but when you have the same info from several different sources that is all the same info you tend to lead you that its honest account. 

Do you mean several different journos/papers/sites/twitter accounts quoting Waggott and Mowbray's comments?  Because that would be the same source, via different channels.  

Edited by Jimmy612
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you just take at face value anything you get told?

Don’t take anything with a pinch of salt? You don’t try reading between the lines? You don’t look at somebody’s track record of being economical with the truth?

Certainly a novel way to approach life.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Has it ever occurred to you that your "several different sources" all originally got their information from the same liar of a CEO?

• Like 2

Waggott and Mowbray. 

JDT wasn't here then and is the head coach here and Gregg Broughton wasn't here then who will deal with the contracts now instead of Waggott

I really don't believe either of them.  Mowbray waxed lyrical about the owners and their extraordinary support before they completely disrespected him over the contract palaver - then he came out and gave us a bit more an insight in to the chaos behind the scenes.  It's all nonsense, it's all covering arses, it's all self-preservation. 

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The point Rev being that if Rovers have for example a budget for first team wages of £12m with a structure in place then you stick to it unless you have a player of extreme worth/value - neither Lenihan or Nyambe fit that bracket whereas Armstrong was offered a deal that went upwards of the wage bracket because he did have the value and talent. 

• Like 1

Ok page 100. 3 first team players gone for nothing. BBD will be sold. No sign of any signings. Probably won’t be any soon. O and lots of arguments. About sums everything up nicely I think. I feel for JDT and gab. Both will be off if their hands are being tied.

13 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

The point Rev being that if Rovers have for example a budget for first team wages of £12m with a structure in place then you stick to it unless you have a player of extreme worth/value - neither Lenihan or Nyambe fit that bracket whereas Armstrong was offered a deal that went upwards of the wage bracket because he did have the value and talent. 

The 2 questions that then come are:

Is the budget from the owners enough? Factoring in money allowed to reinvest in the last year, seemingly not.

Is everyone in the club working together? Based on the Rothwell situation, definitely not, and possibly never will be under these owners.

100 pages in and we must be 10-15 pages since an actual players name has been mentioned. 😂

You know it’s bad when we’re still talking about players who have left in a transfer thread. I understand it’s been all change but it Has to be a busy few weeks ahead or we go in to a championship campaign with an extremely weak and inexperienced playing squad.