BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray, the summer and beyond

9 hours ago, martonrover said:

Gallagher on the right hand side of attack, again, with the equally ineffective Buckley in the deeper central position and Dolan on the left hand side of the three.

Their keeper may as well have stayed in the dressing room in the first half.

Cheers.

So Khadra at Right wing back??

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lraC said:

Just a thought that got me through the. night, when I should be sleeping and not thinking about the team. Our false nine has hurt us bad enough, but not as much, as our false manager. 

3 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Cheers.

So Khadra at Right wing back??

He can't help it. He genuinely just makes it up as he goes along. Gurning hapless buffoon.

Stoke in for Mowbray? Yeah right - and I'm Shirley Crabtree, Big Daddy and Wrestling legend.

9 hours ago, Gav said:

We don't play without strikers, Gallagher played down the middle today, I was giving the poster some wriggle room, by stating  even the best clubs in the land play with no strikers, its the modern way.

On your 2nd point, if you think we can compete with Fulham and Bournemouth awash with Premiership money then good on you.

On point 2 Gav you are missing the point. If as you say it's not a fair comparison between us and the parachute clubs, what on earth makes Man City a fair comparison to us given there is an even bigger disparity between them and us? 

No strikers is the modern way? I'd probably class Salah, Mane, Jota and Firmino (or at least some of these) as strikers. Chelsea have Lukaku and Werner. Kane at Spurs. Manure have Ronaldo and Cavani. I'm not sure this really stacks up and is a good defence for us not playing strikers on occasions. 

Also whilst Gally may have been played there, how many games has he been shunted out wide? Far more than as a striker. It's a bit of an odd one to defend TM on really. 

Just now, booth said:

So, is TM off to Stoke in May?

Here’s hoping, there’s a bank holiday at the start of May and if he goes I’m drinking myself into oblivion on a Sunday to celebrate. 

• Like 6

46 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

On point 2 Gav you are missing the point. If as you say it's not a fair comparison between us and the parachute clubs, what on earth makes Man City a fair comparison to us given there is an even bigger disparity between them and us? 

No strikers is the modern way? I'd probably class Salah, Mane, Jota and Firmino (or at least some of these) as strikers. Chelsea have Lukaku and Werner. Kane at Spurs. Manure have Ronaldo and Cavani. I'm not sure this really stacks up and is a good defence for us not playing strikers on occasions. 

Also whilst Gally may have been played there, how many games has he been shunted out wide? Far more than as a striker. It's a bit of an odd one to defend TM on really. 

The original point being made is all managers play players out of position Blue Blood, its not exclusive to Mowbray. Pearson played his leading goal scorer at full back last week! My mate almost chewed his arm off watching Warnock playing everyone out of position at Boro.

Just to avoid any further confusion, yes Gallagher should be played through the middle every time he plays and NEVER out wide. His natural game takes him out wide, that leaves space in the middle, but he should NEVER be given instructions to play wide.

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, Gav said:

The original point being made is all managers play players out of position Blue Blood, its not exclusive to Mowbray. Pearson played his leading goal scorer at full back last week! My mate almost chewed his arm off with Warnock playing everyone out of position at Boro.

Just to avoid any further confusion, yes Gallagher should be played through the middle every time he plays and NEVER out wide. His natural game takes him out wide, that leaves space in the middle, but he should NEVER be given instructions to play wide.

Johnson as a false 9 is something no one should ever witness again too.

The big problem with Mowbray is that he’s expecting wingers and central midfielders to do the goalscoring. And there’s a good reason these players were never selected as goal scorers since they were kids.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thing is Gav, you are trying to have it both ways here…

‘Can’t compete with Fulham and Bournemouth’

Ok, bit defeatist, but see the rationale.

’So what about QPR, Luton, Huddersfield?’

’Well, err, they won’t go up’

Whether people like it or not, one very, very average team (two if you fancy including Bournemouth) are going up. It’s gutting that it’s not going to be us.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thing is Gav, you are trying to have it both ways here…

‘Can’t compete with Fulham and Bournemouth’

Ok, bit defeatist, but see the rationale.

’So what about QPR, Luton, Huddersfield?’

’Well, err, they won’t go up’

We have this same argument every season Matty, its was Barnsley last season, but the only thing that really matters is will Blackburn Rovers go up? 

This season was our best chance to get back into the Premiership and the owners blew it. We could all see this coming, a bit more investment in January and we'd have made it, but as usual, like in the summer, we're shopping in the bargain basement and this is the result. 

Change the manager, change the CEO its all irrelevant, until we get a change of ownership this club doesn't move forward sadly.

• Like 2

Of course finishing in the play off places doesn’t ultimately mean anything if you don’t finish it off.

But you without doubt can be competitive in this league without parachutes (this basket case of a club seeing its form fall away post Christmas every season is a different issue, but it obviously not merely due to budgets, as the top 6 shows).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Btw Nixon is saying Stoke are looking at mowbray, please give us a souey situation 

Now that would be hand and glove imo

There won't be any compo though and this is Nixon the processor of more crap than the average sewage works. As this season peters to a close it'll be full on operation get Tony a new long term deal, just watch.

I've been very Pro-Mowbray like a lot of us were during our phenomenal run. I said it to a few friends of mine and a lot of people on here said it too, that they felt as though our form was down to stumbling upon something that worked and a few really good characters amongst the playing staff. I was Pro-Mowbray because he was part of the run and it was important we kept things as we were to maintain momentum. In my eyes the only real thing Mowbray had to do was not mess with it. Keep things simple, keep things ticking. Think Ranieri in Leicester's title win. Was he a tactical genius? Not at all. Something just clicked and he had the good sense to just stand back and let it flow. 

Here's the issue. Mowbray has always seen himself as the most important cog. It's often him vs the rest. Players know when things are working and when they are not. We were always going to have a bit of a sticky patch. All Tony had to do was bring us back to basics a little, but he's out-thought even himself. The decisions have become absolutely baffling. From not bringing a striker in, because we don't play strikers, to the persistence of tinkering and putting players out of position, the further we've gone into this death spiral. Basically he's absolutely fu**ed it. 

The point of no return was yesterday. Player power took control against Derby and the players won it. Tony sulked on the touchline. All he had to do, was go home, reflect, come back in and congratulate the players. Hands up and be open with them. What do you guys think is working? What isn't. I'm certain the likes of Lenihan would lay it to him straight. Things need to be simple. And then we saw that masterclass of tactics yesterday. As a player I'd be looking at my teammates thinking why. And knowing that the squad and manager were pulling in different directions. You can see the confusion in the team. And then Mowbray lays the blame at the feet of the players post match. Hands up.... Who wouldn't be seething when arriving home? 

Moving forwards, he's become a hinderance. I think we'd see an upturn in results if player power picked the team. There are big characters in the squad. I've been massively impressed by Lenihans leadership qualities this year. I think Mark Venus would even see a temporary upturn. It's been widely documented over the years he and Mowbray have different ideas on tactics. Even Mike Bassett would get a tune out of them. Essentially I really believe if anybody came in with a laid back approach to management and just let the players off the leash, we'd still stand a massive shot at promotion. There literally couldn't be a better time to part ways (except for a few weeks ago). It won't happen. He's here until the summer, wallowing in his own gloom because his players aren't following his befuddled tactics. 

Go now and the club have a huge opportunity. Stay and we're done. I don't think there even needs to be much of a short term plan. Let the men on the pitch compete and man for man I think they'd get us over the line.  

• Like 6

The turning point was BBD's injury and Rothwell's head being turned.  We've looked poor since.

I agree that TM could have done more and I fancy a change this summer, but many of the names lauded here over the past two years have done little better, or indeed worse that TM.  So tread carefully.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

The turning point was BBD's injury and Rothwell's head being turned.  We've looked poor since.

I agree that TM could have done more and I fancy a change this summer, but many of the names lauded here over the past two years have done little better, or indeed worse that TM.  So tread carefully.

Who are these many names that has been lauded over? 

Who would you like to see?