BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

Desperately disappointing result today but I'm not at all surprised. We punched well above our weight in that amazing run and we are now having to face reality again. All that said, the sides with games in hand don't have an easy ride. They either have to play each other and/or Fulham and Bournemouth. So it's still all to play for (it's the hope that kills you!)

Just now, dallydally said:

Desperately disappointing result today but I'm not at all surprised. We punched well above our weight in that amazing run and we are now having to face reality again. All that said, the sides with games in hand don't have an easy ride. They either have to play each other and/or Fulham and Bournemouth. So it's still all to play for (it's the hope that kills you!)

Is no goal away from home in 7 “our weight”?

8 minutes ago, yankfan said:

It’s hard to imagine and I’d argue we will be a worse side in the summer than the one he took over. We will have 12 senior players under contract:  Kamenski, Pickering, Ayala (for 6 matches), Wharton, JRC, Travis, Buckley, Dolan, Markanday, Hedges, Dack (a shell of the former), and Gallagher. 

That’s about as bare bones as it gets. 

You also have to factor in Coyle got shafted funds wise in comparison to what TM will get to spend (even based on this season's current more limited funds for him.) That makes it a hell of an achievement. 

11 minutes ago, booth said:

I'd let Venus take over till the end he did a much better job second half against Derby. Mowbray was perfect in the role of keeping quiet and letting someone else make some sensible decisions.

I don't know much about venus tbh, with Johnson i was just thinking more along the lines of him knowing our younger players very well having managed some at under 23 etc... And also having an ex rover in the dugout always gives fans a little boost initially. 

But honestly I'd have pretty much anyone in the dugout other than fkin Mowbray. 

2 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I don't know much about venus tbh, with Johnson i was just thinking more along the lines of him knowing our younger players very well having managed some at under 23 etc... And also having an ex rover in the dugout always gives fans a little boost initially. 

But honestly I'd have pretty much anyone in the dugout other than fkin Mowbray. 

A change of Manager isn't going to happen before the end of the season and probably not then. He will silkily talk his way into a contract extension assuming of course that he wants to manage a squad without the likes of Lenihan, Rothwell, Nyambe, Khadra, Van Hecke and Brereton

• Like 1

Unforgivable result and performance, which for me, signifies that it’s game over for this season. What could have been, and I think we’ll be talking about the January transfer window for years to come.

Time for Mowbray to walk off into the sunset. This simply cannot be allowed to go on past this season.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

We didn’t have billionaire owners then Gav.

No but we did have a board from the local area who actually gave a toss (Although I never thought it at the time)

The Buck stops with these owners, everything else is a side show.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Clutching at the thinnest of straws I think Millwall and Coventry are slipping out of the hunt for playoffs. They both seem to have stalled form wise. Indifferent form and a lack of games left let makes me think they will struggle to get ahead of us. 

The negative. Boro and Forrest can easily dump us out of playoffs. Worst still we lost a game to Paul Ince, an utterly incompetent manager in charge of one of the weakest teams in the division. Paul sodding Ince. He's zero managerial acumen and somehow he's managed to beat us. Terrible, terrible stuff and a new low for Rovers. 

Nobody is playing worse than we are. Nobody.

• Like 1

Sound crazy, but I'm almost relieved to have to accept that we just do not have the quality to go up.

Today has shown that more than any other game. 

We don't have the quality to go up.

We would have to play to our full potential to challenge the top six, and I just dont think the manager or players have the wherewithal to do that.

We don't have the collective or individual quality to go up. 

Edited by garnersfags
  • Like 4

35 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No surprise.  We know how the season goes under Mowbray...

I wish I'd had money on in December-  us being out the top 6 by the end of March.

Plus side, we aren't going down which was a worry at the start of the season. 

Players can carry on kicking the ball around the beach now.  Mowbray better F off.  

Rebuild under a new manager.

More interested in seeing the dingles come down to our level next season now...

Not when we play them !

39 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This really isn't funny anymore nor is it just hard luck or this squad not being good enough.

It isn't an individual players fault either.

It's tactical nonsense with zero clear plan starting in January when there were real opportunities. That was the beginning of the end of a serious go at it.

Yep. I’ve said it before, but Wigan away for me was where it all started. The alarm bells were ringing quietly. Then as the transfer window shut at the end of January, the fat lady was absolutely bellowing.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 7

I think today i have come to realise that we are not going up. Even if we squeeze into top 6 after 46 games, so what? We dont have the form nor balls to take on teams like Forest, Luton, QPR, Huddersfield, Sheff Utd.

It has been a nice ride after the 7-0 by Fulham. We were 2nd at one stage, i was confident, hopeful and really thinking this is the season we can get promoted. It was a beautiful dream. I still wish we can go up this season. But the dream is getting slowly drifting away after every week.

Thanks for everything Tony, just go. please.

• Like 2

This season had to be the culmination of the fabled journey. It’s been evident for a while that the squad will break up this summer. A big slice of good fortune, the unexpected rise of Diaz, some momentary excellent form, and an unexceptional Championship gave us a chance of promotion. Unfortunately it’s also been a season of record losses, record barren spells and typical horrific runs.

He stumbled across something that worked, but couldn’t wait to deviate from it. Bollocks Buckley has played as a false 9 all season, he looked great as an attacking midfielder who closed down high up the pitch, but pushing him on further and further forward, and the strikers wider, has resulted in disaster.

Its starting to look like sabotage at this point. No wonder people theorise that the club don’t want promotion. If Venky’s gave a toss he’d be gone before he set foot on the bus. Someone else might give us a slim chance of playoffs and we absolutely have to go for it - next season, and the foreseeable future looks horrific without promotion.

• Like 7

1 minute ago, yellowsubmarine said:

I think today i have come to realise that we are not going up. Even if we squeeze into top 6 after 46 games, so what? We dont have the form nor balls to take on teams like Forest, Luton, QPR, Huddersfield, Sheff Utd.

It has been a nice ride after the 7-0 by Fulham. We were 2nd at one stage, i was confident, hopeful and really thinking this is the season we can get promoted. It was a beautiful dream. I still wish we can go up this season. But the dream is getting slowly drifting away after every week.

Thanks for everything Tony, just go. please.

i think it`s over,very annoying when it need`nt have been,all tony needed to do was keep the 3/5/2,sign a centre forward in january and make like for like changes on the injury front,he`s done none of the above

54 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Hopefully Mowbray walks tonight..or our owners actually show some bottle and bin him.. unacceptable this. Yes Mowbray can't control our players missing easy chances but he's at fault for everything else and he's blown our play off hopes completeley 

no reason to keep him now

mowbray OUT