BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Reading (a) - 20/3/22

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No guarantee in a new manager bounce at all. 

There’s no guarantees of anything.

We’ve probably seen the best of TM for this season though. He’s blue screened till next season. And there’s a good chance he’ll malfunction in January 2023.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, glen9mullan said:

Daniel Farke, available, plays the right way and would get a tune out of this lot

Interesting suggestion there Glen and not someone I thought about coming here. Stoke are interested in him according to reports but maybe if we want him make him an offer to join in the summer 

14 hours ago, Miller11 said:

I think we ought to be looking for a long term appointment - someone who might give us a hope of playoffs, but also someone who could take on the massive rebuilding job if we don’t. Johnson and all the rest of them would be out of the door too… a new man with his own staff.

I wouldn’t let Dunn anywhere near.

I would like to see Damien Johnson be the new manager number 2 and I would like Dunn in some coaching role with the youth team. I would also like so a coach who was former striker in his playing days come in and work with the strikers on finishing and movement in the final third. 

14 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

He's from the right agency.

Not that many to choose from in Suhail's closed shop. I'd call him odds on.

Yes, He is representing by them given the pictures on Instagram 

14 hours ago, den said:

We always get this question when things are going wrong, so…..

Can you give me a list of who is available and would be happy to come here?  Because if you can’t, How could anyone give you a name?

I have posted a realistically shortlist to replace Mowbray if we don't get top 6. Maybe take a look at ir

14 hours ago, Boroblue said:

Rooney

Interesting suggestion. Can I asked why? 

13 hours ago, booth said:

You may get your wish. Pulis is repped by HSH Sports.

Pulis and Warnock should be no where near this game. We need a new younger manager who has fresh ideas, modern coaching ideas and got good tactically 

• Backroom

Mowbray is a poor manager who never learns from his mistakes due to his arrogance and obtuse nature, but nowhere near Steve Kean in terms of damaging the club. It's hard to imagine any manager will ever surpass Kean as our worst and most destructive managerial appointment. We're owned by Venky's though, so you never know. 

Seeing Luton in 3rd now is pretty sad. This isn't a case of us not being able to compete and slipping down to our 'natural position', this is simply gross managerial incompetence. 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, chaddyrovers said:

Pulis and Warnock should be no where near this game. We need a new younger manager who has fresh ideas, modern coaching ideas and got good tactically 

Since when have Venkys cared about things like coaching methods?

I’d actually take Warnock temporarily for a promotion push, you can’t deny his CV.

Farke would be perfect for Rovers though, we could yo-yo to financial stability then hopefully try to cement a place at the top table. Norwich may not accept that but for Rovers it would be ideal.

That’s why we’ll end up with someone like Pulis.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, booth said:

Since when have Venkys cared about things like coaching methods?

I’d actually take Warnock temporarily for a promotion push, you can’t deny his CV.

Farke would be perfect for Rovers though, we could yo-yo to financial stability then hopefully try to cement a place at the top table. Norwich may not accept that but for Rovers it would be ideal.

That’s why we’ll end up with someone like Pulis.

I talking about my views not what Venkys, Waggott or others at the club think. 

I wouldn't want Warnock anywhere near Rovers. Same as Pulis. 

Farke is an interesting suggestion from Glen. 

Its depends who is picking the next manager and what they want. 

I have gave a realistic list of replacements for Mowbray if we don't go up. I would put others on there if they became available 

Apart from gaining entry to the  Champions League club (billionaires only need apply) there is no more glittering prize in the game than winning promotion to the moneyed elite of the Premier League 

It transforms the finances of clubs and gives them a firm financial footing for years, so much as that even if you get relegated you have the financial firepower to keep bouncing back time and time again. It’s not right but that’s the way football is

This is the gift that Rovers had within their grasp in January , our best position in 10 years since we went down and have now thrown away owing to Mowbray’s pig headedness, incompetence and stupidity.

It’s so frustrating watching all this unfold but probably predictable. In hindsight it’s obvious Tony stumbled across a winning formula and when it started to go wrong he didn’t have a clue how to put to right, resorting to his usual weird selections and tactics that had fans (and no doubt the players) tearing their hair out. Tony just can’t help himself.

• Like 9

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would like to see Damien Johnson be the new manager number 2 and I would like Dunn in some coaching role with the youth team. I would also like so a coach who was former striker in his playing days come in and work with the strikers on finishing and movement in the final third. 

I really don’t understand the clamour for either Dunn of Johnson. 

Dunn has failed miserably in every post playing role he’s had. I get the love for his playing exploits, but the free pass he gets for backing Kean and turning on the fans is more than reward enough for that without giving him a job out of sentiment.

Johnson’s playing career with us was completely unremarkable, a bit like his visible contributions to our coaching staff. I do believe he was and is a big proponent of the possession based crap we had to endure last season. I don’t think he has anywhere near the presence or personality to manage us in the short term.

Any new man should be allowed to pick his own staff. That’s essential if we are to attract anyone half decent… not that Venky’s will care about that.

• Like 6

• Moderation Lead

Quite surprising that I’m having to write this, particularly as I’m always keen to let everyone have their own views and own mind. But saying Mowbray is the most damaging manager the club has ever had, I just don’t understand that mindset.

Unless of course, people have erased the Steve Kean period from their memory, which I can completely understand, as it was the worst I can ever remember it being, since following us.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Any new man should be allowed to pick his own staff.

Most managers will bring in their own number 2 with them  

11 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

That’s essential if we are to attract anyone half decent… not that Venky’s will care about that.

Depends who is going picking the next manager and how much of a say Waggott will have. He will have his own suggestions who he would like. 

33 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Quite surprising that I’m having to write this, particularly as I’m always keen to let everyone have their own views and own mind. But saying Mowbray is the most damaging manager the club has ever had, I just don’t understand that mindset.

Unless of course, people have erased the Steve Kean period from their memory, which I can completely understand, as it was the worst I can ever remember it being, since following us.

And Paul Ince and Brian Kidd and Owen Coyle.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, booth said:

BBC: Are you seeing confidence, in front of goal becoming an issue?

Mowbray: No, no, not at all.

How can he say that?

Even if he said yes, as we have failed to score in our last 7 away and have scored 4 in the last 11, but our leading scorer is back soon, so hopefully it won’t be for much longer. To say no not at all tells every fan and player, he is a Walter Mitty type.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

I really don’t understand the clamour for either Dunn of Johnson. 

Dunn has failed miserably in every post playing role he’s had. I get the love for his playing exploits, but the free pass he gets for backing Kean and turning on the fans is more than reward enough for that without giving him a job out of sentiment.

Johnson’s playing career with us was completely unremarkable, a bit like his visible contributions to our coaching staff. I do believe he was and is a big proponent of the possession based crap we had to endure last season. I don’t think he has anywhere near the presence or personality to manage us in the short term.

Any new man should be allowed to pick his own staff. That’s essential if we are to attract anyone half decent… not that Venky’s will care about that.

Sod Dunn he had a job here and fired off to do something else.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, roverandout said:

Funny because fergie's fledglings coped pretty well under a manager who knew how to get the best out of them. Yes I know Mowbray is a million miles away from Alex fergurson. He's a million miles from Darren fergurson

I know they can't be compared, but Fergie wanted to win, badly. He imposed that mentality onto his players and they all bought into it, even the youngsters. They had to, or else they were out.

Mowbray, on the other hand, is a defeatist, he throws players under the bus and tries to distance himself from issues. Yesterday after the Reading game it was a case of "they didn't drive each other on" and "they've never been near the top end before". What about your contribution, Tony?

Remember when Alan Hansen said "you can't win anything with kids" ages back and the response that brought out?

If Hansen said that about Mowbray's side today, instead of responding with a "we'll bloody show you" attitude, he would most likely agree and be thankful that he has somebody in the media to back him up, who he can refer to later when things don't work out. He simply doesn't have it.

We really need somebody to take this out of our hands. Either Mowbray walks away in the summer or somebody like Stoke or whoever takes him. The morons in Pune can't be trusted to do the right thing. They are most likely going to give him a new deal as it would be the cheapest and easiest thing to do. The thought of more years of this crap is a thoroughly miserable one.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, arbitro said:

Another hugely disappointing game for us all and worryingly  (in light of the Bristol City defeat) against a really like side extremely low on confidence. I wasn't comfortable with the selection of a back four despite the comeback against Derby. The excellent run we went on was with a back three/five and suits our players and the ability to counter attack. After Mowbrays strop on Tuesday he was omnipresent in the technical area today but might as well have been sat down. I noted several times when he wandered about with his head in his hands after a mistake by a Rovers player. There seems to be a malaise going on that Mowbray can't fix despite all his bluff and bluster.

He can blame individual errors for ever but solely from a results perspective the buck stops with him. I'm dreading another three years of him.

We started with 3 at the back, playing wing backs.

He switched to 4 at the back when he brought Hedges and Dack on in the second half - and yes, we're significantly worse defensively playing a back 4.

3 hours ago, K-Hod said:

I get that kean is another level, I think mowbray is well on the way there now. On at least par with coyle. 
I don’t remember the football being as bad under kean  however as mowbrays duff, I mean we scored goals at least! Just couldn’t keep them out the other end. 

10 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We started with 3 at the back, playing wing backs.

He switched to 4 at the back when he brought Hedges and Dack on in the second half - and yes, we're significantly worse defensively playing a back 4.

He got 2 weeks to work on playing with a back 4 now. The 3 at back isn't working anymore as Reading carved us several times in the first half

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Kean appointment was more damaging given we were relegated from the PL and thats cost us more money than anything. Kean and Coyle were useless for this clubs. Mowbray has been far from useless and he got promotion from league 1 at the first time where bigger teams like Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield united have took longer to get out from it 

I still think we can get top 6 spot but there is going a few twists and turns before the seasons ends. 

I think I would like to Johnson and Dunn on the coaching staff on a new manager next season

If you read properly I corrected it to say I will give you kean as more damaging for the relegation out the premier league.

The credit- for all it is- for the promotion from league 1, not winners mind you, is well and truly spent now. It wasn’t pretty to watch In the first place 

Terrible performance again, I suspect that the chance of a play off finish are incredibly low now.

Mowbray got his tactics wrong again, Giles on the right was bizarre. Gallagher showed off his many weaknesses which mean that merely chucking him up front will noticeably improve him, horrendous touch, cant hold it up, clumsy, cant bring others into play, and wont score many goals.

Dolan was poor, as often is the case there were plenty of stationery stepovers but hes not productive in the final third and wasted a great chance on the counter attack with a needless and poorly executed flick.

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

I get that kean is another level, I think mowbray is well on the way there now. On at least par with coyle. 
I don’t remember the football being as bad under kean  however as mowbrays duff, I mean we scored goals at least! Just couldn’t keep them out the other end. 

the football under Kean was dire by far. Coyle's football wasnt much better. 

Mowbray isnt anywhere near that level and never will be

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say Kean appointment was more damaging given we were relegated from the PL and thats cost us more money than anything. Kean and Coyle were useless for this clubs. Mowbray has been far from useless and he got promotion from league 1 at the first time where bigger teams like Leeds, Sunderland, Sheffield united have took longer to get out from it 

I still think we can get top 6 spot but there is going a few twists and turns before the seasons ends. 

I think I would like to Johnson and Dunn on the coaching staff on a new manager next season

What is with the obsession of sentimental selections of peoples coaching staff including ex players? It should be a simple case of appointing whoever and letting them pick who they want.

• Like 2