BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray probably will do and given that Simms is almost back for them. He won't be sack there this season

Excellent suggestion there

you don't know the owners are disinterested in the club do you? what is this based on?

For a start, they haven't bothered to come over in years and years despite saying so.

Mowbray was allowed to see out his contract because he did as he was told. Bowyer outstayed his welcome too for the same reason, not based on merit.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

For a start, they haven't bothered to come over in years and years despite saying so.

Mowbray was allowed to see out his contract because he did as he was told. Bowyer outstayed his welcome too for the same reason, not based on merit.

They never once said they would deffo come over to watch a game, but they would try to come over to watch a game at Ewood Park, but I don't see why you are seeing bother by that. That also didn't mean they are disinterested owners at all. 

Bowyer was sacked when Venkys and Pasha find a new manager in Paul Lambert and got us out of transfer embargo just after Lambert appointment. 

on Mowbray's contract, I think the writing was on the wall about 6 months before his deal ends that He was going, and the owners just let him run his contract out. Rovers were right to not offered him a new contract after we were 2n in the league in January which Mowbray was upset at that situation.  I don't think any talks was planned for the summer, but he was leaving after last summer cos Waggott and Pasha advised them to change Footballing management structure IMO and that what they did. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Football is a game of opinions and there are many ways of seeing the same thing. Perspective makes a difference. 

That said when you have 3 relegation worthy streaks running months on end, when good players regularly can run down contracts, when the CEO - or whatever Waggots official title is (if he doesn't have one I can make some suggestions) gets away with poor attendances year on year, when big investments take years to come to fruition - I can't see how that shouts out anything other than indifferent. If that's them bothered then heaven help us if they lose interest. 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Waggots official title is (if he doesn't have one I can make some suggestions) gets away with poor attendances year on year,

Would you called this season attendances poor? are you season ticket holder? 

28 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

when big investments take years to come to fruition

Can you please explain this point please? 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They never once said they would deffo come over to watch a game, but they would try to come over to watch a game at Ewood Park, but I don't see why you are seeing bother by that. That also didn't mean they are disinterested owners at all. 

Bowyer was sacked when Venkys and Pasha find a new manager in Paul Lambert and got us out of transfer embargo just after Lambert appointment. 

on Mowbray's contract, I think the writing was on the wall about 6 months before his deal ends that He was going, and the owners just let him run his contract out. Rovers were right to not offered him a new contract after we were 2n in the league in January which Mowbray was upset at that situation.  I don't think any talks was planned for the summer, but he was leaving after last summer cos Waggott and Pasha advised them to change Footballing management structure IMO and that what they did. 

Bowyer was here too long then as you said they appointed Lambert who was not only shit but also left soon after due to broken promises.

5 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I suppose you get people on both sides of the argument who are so extreme in their argument that they stubbornly force themselves into a corner and away from any reasoned debate. I haven't thankfully seen much of that as I must not follow many of those people on social media, but equally we have seen stuff on here making out as if Mowbray was absolutely horrendous as a manager here which is equally not true.

It was certainly true for the second half of last season. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would you called this season attendances poor? are you season ticket holder? 

Yes. No. And the 2 are mutually exclusive. 

46 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Can you please explain this point please? 

Certainly, Bereton for example did nothing for 2 years despite costing a huge sum for us, and yet there were no consequences for TM of having used such a huge chunk of his budget for no return for 2 years and no commensurate return for 3. Can't think of any other club where that would be allowed. 

9 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Brereton for example did nothing for 2 years despite costing a huge sum for us, and yet there were no consequences for TM of having used such a huge chunk of his budget for no return for 2 years and no commensurate return for 3. Can't think of any other club where that would be allowed. 

Far be it for me to interject, but Brereton was widely tipped to be a top player and he's proven to be just that, the best striker in Championship, your point is ridiculous Blue blood with respect. Whilst Brereton was getting up to speed Armstrong, a £2m signing, was becoming a £20m striker too! 

You can beat up Mowbray for many things, but his buys for a transfer fee have been superb.

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

poor based on what? Our Season ticket sales is more than last season and in the 2019/20 season before Covid came. 

Because you improve on something that is unacceptable, it does not make it good. Our 8500 season ticket holders is a poor amount. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

poor based on what? Our Season ticket sales is more than last season and in the 2019/20 season before Covid came. 

They were poor sales too.

We had nearly 11,000 under Bowyer. We are thousands behind other local clubs.

They are ‘poor’ until we get back to those levels, not a success because we sold slightly more than other appalling seasons of sales.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Yes. No. And the 2 are mutually exclusive. 

I just wanting to know if you were season ticket holder. 

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Certainly, Brereton for example did nothing for 2 years despite costing a huge sum for us, and yet there were no consequences for TM of having used such a huge chunk of his budget for no return for 2 years and no commensurate return for 3. Can't think of any other club where that would be allowed. 

I can understand your point here. Thanks for explaining 

55 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

They were poor sales too.

We had nearly 11,000 under Bowyer. We are thousands behind other local clubs.

They are ‘poor’ until we get back to those levels, not a success because we sold slightly more than other appalling seasons of sales.

7 years ago, is that and alot of things have changed from then. But Sales this season are much improved on the 2019/20 season and 21/22 season. 

What’s 7 years ago got to do with anything? And it certainly isn’t ‘7 years ago’ at our neighbours. 

If you actually think 8,700 STs is a good figure for Blackburn Rovers then there’s no point carrying on this conversation.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

• Moderation Lead
7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Focusing on other clubs again instead of just focusing on our ST sales which have improved (never said good did I) over the previous seasons which we could attend games. 

Season ticket sales have improved, but they still could and should be better.

It’s not that difficult.

• Like 1

Oh as an aside they aren’t ‘much improved’ on 2019/20. That also saw sales of c8,500.

So apart from the utterly horrendous figure of last season, we are at our joint worst sales figure for over thirty years.

So yeah, I reckon a description of merely ‘poor’ is being generous.

32 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Oh as an aside they aren’t ‘much improved’ on 2019/20. That also saw sales of c8,500.

So apart from the utterly horrendous figure of last season, we are at our joint worst sales figure for over thirty years.

So yeah, I reckon a description of merely ‘poor’ is being generous.

I think all that happened this season compared to last is we were ahead on like for like sales earlier on before they reduced back down.

Obviously the fat controller put his own unique spin on that.

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

still an improvement on the 2019/2020 and 2021/2022 seasons 

Embarrassing Chaddy, we’ve sold literally 100 more than in 19/20 come on!! Even in our current state, not even being able to get past 10k is absolutely shocking and there’s no excuse for it. Us fans just want as many people in the ground as possible and time and time again the club do fuck all to change that. Our early bird prices this season were an absolute disgrace. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Butty said:

Embarrassing Chaddy, we’ve sold literally 100 more than in 19/20 come on!! Even in our current state, not even being able to get past 10k is absolutely shocking and there’s no excuse for it. Us fans just want as many people in the ground as possible and time and time again the club do fuck all to change that. Our early bird prices this season were an absolute disgrace. 

But people the affect that Covid have had some people plus a number of other issues that will affect this. 

Also, where the early bird prices this season that much of disgrace when it was the same price as the season before and 50 pounds more than 19/20 season? 

people mention other clubs, but I know PNE have had a huge problem with fans buying under 18's season tickets whilst being adults. It took PNE a few home games to realise this was happening and those ST was cancelled, and fans told to the need to purchase the correct ticket for their age