BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

14 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers said they generated 2.25 million from 7,800 ST sold. Fans Forum meeting in July sourced of info. 

Yes lower ST prices and match day prices could potentially generate more income but how much more is the question given that people will likely buy a new shirt at the start of the season and less likely right now. 

I used those figures purely as an example of how it is totally illogical to imply that lower prices automatically leads to lower overall revenue. Preston aren't subsiding their season tickets at the cost of the team on the pitch, they have gone lower in their prices to increase numbers which is a tactic that has worked. 

Our average price based on those figures you gave is £288.46. Preston had sold 10500 by June, discounting the fact that they almost certainly sold more since, they would have had to average £214.29 per season ticket to match ours, which I am sure that they did. That is not even factoring in the potential to have those season ticket holders as ongoing customers beyond this season and additional merchandise/food/drink sales.

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I used those figures purely as an example of how it is totally illogical to imply that lower prices automatically leads to lower overall revenue. Preston aren't subsiding their season tickets at the cost of the team on the pitch, they have gone lower in their prices to increase numbers which is a tactic that has worked. 

Our average price based on those figures you gave is £288.46. Preston had sold 10500 by June, discounting the fact that they almost certainly sold more since, they would have had to average £214.29 per season ticket to match ours, which I am sure that they did. That is not even factoring in the potential to have those season ticket holders as ongoing customers beyond this season and additional merchandise/food/drink sales.

don't Rovers outsource the food and drink sales to Sodexo now? 

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

???

I gave numbers to contest the assumption you and islander200 implied that reducing season ticket prices would make us less financially competitive overall. Not factoring in the increased numbers.

You just focused on a little bit about outsourcing food. Even then, surely we either get commission or would be able to negotiate higher fees if we had more fans on.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

in total or you mean on top of the current sales figures? If it the first one, then it's pointless point cos it will never happen

Well, we have disagreed on it this point because I don't think it relevant to compare different clubs season tickets when they are many different factors involved. 

Our attendances have improved on last season and the 2019/20 season haven't there?

Plus Over 3k walk on's on Saturday against Birmingham. 

Also need to factor that we are 2nd in the league and under JDT who is a winner compare to Mowbray will hopefully see an increase in people attending due to the team performance. 

Match day tickets have been increase at some clubs now. 

Do you think our match day prices are too high then? Do you think 20 to 30 pounds is too much when PNE and Burnley is higher than ours?

In my opinion you will find that some of the walk ons are probably ex season ticket holders. If the season tickets had been more realistically priced in the first place, many of the walk-ons would have been season ticket holders

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I gave numbers to contest the assumption you and islander200 implied that reducing season ticket prices would make us less financially competitive overall. Not factoring in the increased numbers.

You just focused on a little bit about outsourcing food. Even then, surely we either get commission or would be able to negotiate higher fees if we had more fans on.

I was asking if we outsource the food and drink outlets to Sodexo? It was question. Maybe @only2garnerscould answer it? 

I did factor in the extra numbers but it depends on what the exact figures are within all fairness. Its figures we simply don't know. 

I know the cost of living crisis is biting now but we are struggling to get 12k home fans on a Saturday afternoon whilst sitting top of the league with a new manager, some new players and at standard matchday prices.

There is a fundamental failure there somewhere, we are getting less now than the first few games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I know the cost of living crisis is biting now but we are struggling to get 12k home fans on a Saturday afternoon whilst sitting top of the league with a new manager, some new players and at standard matchday prices.

There is a fundamental failure there somewhere, we are getting less now than the first few games.

combination of venkys,high walk on prices for the area and the club having lost the community,it used to be the centre of the town,even under jack walkers tenure,it will never come back unless the indians and swag **** off

Not enough ST holders, simple as that. We have a fairly standard 3k of walk ons currently, though that will increase if we stay up there.

But when you only have 8,700 ST holders it takes a really big match day ticket turn out to make it a respectable crowd. And that obviously isn’t going to happen every week.

Alternatively when you have 11k-14k ST holders like our neighbours you’ve already got that solid base in situ. Add walk ons and a good away following and you have a very healthy crowd week in week out.

Crowds at clubs like ours live and die on ST sales as they make up the vast bulk of the attendance. JW never forgot it, this cretin hasn’t even bothered to learn.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Upside Down said:

Also people will be more inclined to go if there is a top notch atmosphere. You don't get that with 8000 season ticket holders. 

Something needs to be done about that to, look at the noise Blackpool fans make at home and I’m not sure they get much more than us on, we need to get a proper singing section going, someone should organise it somehow… The atmosphere at Ewood is the worst in the league if we’re being honest, we’re always decent away from home though 👍🏻

• Like 1

How many does Bloomfield hold though ?

Said this a thousand times but Ewood the size and set up of it goes against creating the types of atmospheres a small crowd can create in a smaller more closed in ground.

That crowd v Brum would have two thirds filled Blackpool, Preston or Bumley yet at Ewood it's still two thirds empty.

It's a big problem.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

The BBC reported that incorrectly. It was actually just under 19k.

As I said, all about ST sales.

Ah well. I can believe that. Mainly because at first glance, according to the bbc sports website, the attendance at the Bolton v Burton game was 16!!!! 

😁 Very salty this morning Tyrone.

Good to know I have a niche though…

(The irony of a certain poster liking it though, as half of the posts were attempting to explain a fairly simple issue to said poster who seems a little hard of understanding).

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Upside Down said:

It wouldn't take much effort to turn a 2/3 empty Ewood into  2/3 full .

The last third is reserved for the big games when we're in the top flight.

Agree with this - whilst the stadium is too big for us right now - it wasn't the case when we were playing United, City, Liverpool etc. every season. 

Hypothetically, if we were to get promoted, how do you think Swag would price season tickets? 

I ask as ticket sales are a drop in the ocean in realty (£3m or so revenue this year from ST), and they're even more so in the Prem. Thinking back to the £200 tickets under John Williams. Fill up Ewood, get an atmosphere back, maybe cling onto a few more fans upon the inevitable relegation. Any money lost in ticket revenue is made up instantly by bigger away followings let alone the £100m+ in TV deals. 

Obviously Swag would increase it further instead.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

9C1DB6E7-D7B5-492B-9CED-31460623CF22.thumb.jpeg.a2f02a7c89d3d444ac8bf56e29c75625.jpeg

I misread that headline as “questions as defender remains on the wing.” I initially thought its bloody Mowbray, of course there’s a defender on the wing. Wouldn’t surprise me if whoever he is returns as a false 9

Ha I did the same 😂