BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well when both strikers are out injured what do you expect and you don't sign another striker in the summer. 

Plus Alex Neil left there for reasons aswell cos I think Sunderland have as much potential as Stoke. 

Mowbray said they'd be fine without another striker when he joined, so maybe ask him. 

I'll defer to the Sunderland fans on this one, who are expecting a lot more than what they've seen so far. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well when both strikers are out injured what do you expect and you don't sign another striker in the summer. 

Plus Alex Neil left there for reasons aswell cos I think Sunderland have as much potential as Stoke. 

Both strikers out is ideal for Mowbray as he doesn't like to play that way.

If he's struggling for goals then in January he'll sign a couple of wingers and a defensive midfielder.

He'll blow all his money on a striker when he needs a couple of defenders, then play him on the wing.

• Like 5

They were hailing him a genius when he first went there for using two wide forwards and a false 9 in the absence of their striker.

Not read that forum but from what i gleaned from the one i read on facebook they felt a bit more solid and organised under Neil whereas now it's all a bit random.

Have we not exported the 'Tombola' reference up there yet 🤣

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, booth said:

Both strikers out is ideal for Mowbray as he doesn't like to play that way.

If he's struggling for goals then in January he'll sign a couple of wingers and a defensive midfielder.

He'll blow all his money on a striker when he needs a couple of defenders, then play him on the wing.

Mowbray has said he is head coach there and any agents contact him he gives that Speakman or Harvey number. 

He has 2 good strikers there and he started Simms yesterday up front

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

They were hailing him a genius when he first went there for using two wide forwards and a false 9 in the absence of their striker.

Not read that forum but from what i gleaned from the one i read on facebook they felt a bit more solid and organised under Neil whereas now it's all a bit random.

Have we not exported the 'Tombola' reference up there yet 🤣

From what I’ve read it’s literally the only one that hasn’t been along with the drizzle cake. Even the ripped jeans got brought up once  😂

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Upside Down said:

The price of success? 

07763EAA00000514-3083278-Shearer_and_Sutton_lifting_the_Premiership_trophy_after_their_su-a-42_1431696029177.jpg

Rovers started getting stick when they first got promoted. I remember pundits and newspapers saying Leicester should have gone up as we'd just end up getting immediately relegated.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, booth said:

If you ever read 90 minutes magazine, they didn't give Rovers much credit back then. I remember Stuart Ripley referred to as "dodgy Blackburn winger".

Imagine if assists were given the glory they are now.

I love the fact we are so hated by the media. 

We've won more league titles than Tottenham. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Upside Down said:

That's a pretty strange looking relegation. 

I don't remember people thinking we were going to be relegated? We only signed 2 first team players but we took the League by storm---top in early weeks. Admittedly one was Shearer!

Imagine how many signings we'd need if we were promoted now!

12 hours ago, 47er said:

I don't remember people thinking we were going to be relegated? We only signed 2 first team players but we took the League by storm---top in early weeks. Admittedly one was Shearer!

Imagine how many signings we'd need if we were promoted now!

Jimmy Greaves was one notable pundit who said Leicester should have gone up because they'd stay up.

Not during the season, literally after we won the play off final it began.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to make this back on the main page and say well done Tony Mowbray for getting better. Delighted to see him smile and doing well. Good man with a big heart always will be remembered as the man who steadied us In a big period of chaos. Thank you Tony! Keep it up 

Edited by roverstdt
  • Like 5
  • Downvote 1

• Herbie6590 changed the title to Tony Mowbray