BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

1 hour ago, RoversClitheroe said:

If that were true he wouldn't play loan players, Johnson or anyone.

He'd be playing Jake Garrett, he'd be giving Vale more of a chance.

The loan players are also the young players he’s nurturing.

Anyway he’s the one saying it not me. I think he’s generally poor at whatever he does whether it’s nurturing young talent or making a sub.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, booth said:

Well as he keeps telling us his job is to develop these young boys.

That seems to be his main role there. Managing a football team and winning games seems to be secondary.

Which young boys? And who exactly is he developing them for? Because as much as I love seeing home grown players come through... we're not really seeing enough money from it to make it worthwhile, only the players and their agents are really benefiting. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The performance v Derby second half was superb and a throw back to what made us decent in the first place. Since then bar a brief flurry at Coventry just about everything has resembled the first half v Derby.

Something has gone wrong somewhere it's like a switch has been flicked , it's also sounded at times like he's been trying to get them back onside and he's terrified of having a go at them now. They've just switched off and i agree i suspect a few have had enough of him.

Wouldn’t surprise me. Yesterday it looked like he’d completely lost them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Yes, he’s going to WBA.

How long has this been arranged and is this common knowledge around Ewood?

If so it could partially explain his lacklustre attitude and weekly displays of stupidity. And if it’s true allowing him to continue is hugely negligent and a conflict of interest.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

Sorry but the team currently epitomises everything about Mowbray - SPINELESS

Spineless is an understatement, they will be off on some far away beach putting it all behind them soon, while some rovers supporters can just about afford a ticket at ewood.My holiday will be a stroll along the Leeds and Liverpool canal.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

How long has this been arranged and is this common knowledge around Ewood?

If so it could partially explain his lacklustre attitude and weekly displays of stupidity. And if it’s true allowing him to continue is hugely negligent and a conflict of interest.

Fairly open. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Hmm. The way it’s going, WBA will finish higher than us this season. Would they really swap Bruce for Mowbray if that happens? I doubt it.

Bruce may not want the job of course his pay off from Newcastle would be his retirement , with Dyche leaving Burnley , WBA would be a good choice for him ...

45 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Is he off, from what you know?

I have absolutely no idea however two things are at the back of my mind - he has got a contract offer in place and that is why he is off to India to finalise it and why he said three weeks ago pre season plans were all formalised including friendlies and the like OR he is leaving and us only going to India to discuss this season and explain how he has fucked up the biggest chance of promotion ! His contract doesn’t end until June hence his visit - let’s hope it’s his last as a Rovers employee

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, martonrover said:

Hmm. The way it’s going, WBA will finish higher than us this season. Would they really swap Bruce for Mowbray if that happens? I doubt it.

He’ll blame Venkys for not sanctioning Bournemouth’s £6m bid for Joe Rothwell for our drop off. He had two players lined up with the money. Venkys pulled the plug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

He’ll blame Venkys for not sanctioning Bournemouth’s £6m bid for Joe Rothwell for our drop off. He had two players lined up with the money. Venkys pulled the plug.

…6 million?

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

I admire that Paul, when Bruce signs an extension you’re going to get brutalised on here. I’ve learnt me lesson, I said “stinks of WBA” and left it there!!

Haha - it’s water off a ducks back. I do know that they’re confident that the WBA job is sorted. So much so that ‘Veno’ is telling the out of contract lads (DL, JR & RN) not to sign any deals elsewhere because they’ll be able to offer them all a contract! 👀

Im also absolutely CONVINCED that TM is keeping Dack fresh so he can come in for him in the summer - this bit is just my opinion. 

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

£3.5m up front and £2.5m if Bournemouth go up.

Hmm, not sure. I know Chicago Fire where told the fee was 3.5m up front, they offered it and it was accepted. Why would 3.5M be accepted if Bournemouth had offered potentially 6M?