BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

How many of those assets are leaving for nowt ?

What's sustainable about that exactly, plus he fogged a keeper for 3 mill plus a few add ons who is now worth double that.

He's basically giving away the pitch him and his pals will be putting to India and clear as day league position or promotion don't matter a jot to him. He'd like it no doubt, we all would but he's no real desire or drive for it just another if we ended up there we end up there.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Mowbray arguing, in the LancsLive article interview, that he has helped to contribute towards creating a self-sustaining club: "When I arrived there were a lot of 35 and 36-year-olds with very little value, and now the club has lots of assets,

Narrator: ‘There were actually just two’

(Greer and Wes Brown)

• Like 8

11 minutes ago, DE. said:

Yep.

Steele (26)
Raya (21)
Henley (22)
Greer (36)
Hoban (23)
Williams (24)
Lowe (25)
Mulgrew (31)
Ward (32)
Hendrie (22)
Nyambe (19)
Brown (37)
Wharton (19)
Doyle (20)
Feeney (30)
Akpan (25)
Guthrie (30)
Lenihan (23)
Tomlinson (19)
Mahoney (20)
Evans (26)
Bennett (28)
Conway (31)
Stokes (28)
Graham (31)
Emnes (28)
Joao (22)
Gallagher (21)

Chatting shit as usual in order to try and make himself look better. Brown also only played 5 games for us that season and was leaving at the end of it anyway - as was Greer.

Oh, and who was it that gave contract extensions to old boys Graham and Mulgrew two years later? The latter of which in particular bit us on the arse when Mulgrew declined massively and we couldn't shift his hefty wages off the books.

Vintage Mowbray using our spineless local media to peddle a fake narrative. He’d had given Goebbels a lesson in propaganda. Even recently large swathes of our fanbase would have swallowed that whole but thankfully more and more are seeing through his bullshit 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

Narrator: ‘There were actually just two’

(Greer and Wes Brown)

In morgan freeman voice  'well Tony had such a tough job. I didn't think much of the man, that was my first impression, he had an air about him...of bullshit.  He would work hard to bring in the money but that wasn't enough.  He helped the young kids develop and thanks to him they will earn moves to bigger and better things. I guess you could say tony had a real virtue. A selfless hardworking honest guy...I guess I just miss my friend'

The man is a snake oil salesman. I can easily see him getting a new contract then in 3 years time ironically ending up with a load of 35/36 years olds and him saying something like 3 years ago we had inexperienced kids playing so I brought in battle hardened war horses. 

• Like 6

What about giving three and four year deals to players who were 30+? And contracts awarded for simply doing their jobs like Evans and Smallwood?

He has cost this club millions in wages on injury prone and cross players

• Like 3

Today is a lovely day. This evening we will only have another 2 friendly games to concern ourselves with this inept toe rag.

In fact reading his interview he could likely go on gardening leave tonight if we lose.

🙏

“I don’t know, go and ask Mr Waggott, if we lose tomorrow he might make a decision after the game."

Edited by OldEwoodBlue
  • Like 2

He's here just for a job. Lost his motivation as a football manager. We have owners who don't care and so here we are now - 2nd in December. 8th in April, and nearly out of the playoff contention. Seriously, how did we allow this to happen? The lack of ambition and drive from Mowbray is just alarming. I don't think there's a game which he raised his arms and said, "Yeah, i made a mistake..." It's always referees, opponents are 'tough', 'bad day in office', 'our players are young' etc.

Kean was a snake, but this guy here just suck any ounce of life we have left in our body. I feel like this at times.

image.png.77b0e269bd6adabd2e4c2da4dc11270d.png

• Like 2

We all agree TM's time is up. Genuine question though, who else is out there that will do the job we need. A change for changes sake isn't usually a good option.

I don't keep up with what other managers are doing. Is there someone good out there who'd jump on to our sinking ship and bail us out. If not, because it's too big a reputational risk, who's the least worse option?

Mowbray???

Before y'all go ape shit on me it's a genuine question. For me TM has to go but what change can we make to prevent groundhog day in a couple of years time.

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

No one read Kaminskis comments today it'll make you fume

Just had a look. The players are parroting the same excuses as Mowbray now… young players, improvements on last year.

He’s instilled mediocrity into some of them.

• Like 2

The LT propaganda has begun.

Seek out 1 player who'll speak in the right tone then blast a headline, read the piece and realize he isn't actually just beating the drum for the manager. He is clearly just respsonding to what hes been asked then it's spun into a pro manager piece, these journos are as tame as anybody on the payrol.

No doubt 'Mr Waggot' has been on the phone.

Most worrying thing again is clearly the Mowbray mindset of the players, doesn't matter where we finish because it'll be a bit better than last season. We were in a good place at one point so it's all good and total ignorance of the awful last few months.

• Like 2

Fuck that is vomit inducing.

I hope he got paid well for that shite.

TBF Mowbray saved his career as he was more or less blackballed in Europe. And so was a teammate .....

I wonder if Sharpe is just a little bit embarrassed  to put that out under his name.

I await similar from Rothwell, Nyambe and Lenihan.

Edited by AllRoverAsia
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JHRover said:

All staged this. No player is going to publicly criticise their manager, especially not if there is personal respect there.

Operation get Tony a new deal is ramping up a gear.

That's the way I see it as well.

Like Mowbrays previous interview it seemed like he was trying to get Venkys attention "Don't ask me what's going on, ask Mr Waggot", I've had no talks, still planning for next season etc.

So according to the players we're little old Blackburn rovers we can't possibly compete with the might of Luton and Huddersfield.  We have to take it slowly.  Fuck off!! Mowbray feeding his propaganda.  Go eff urself Mowbray 

Edited by roverandout
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I expect them to work through a few key players now one by one to speak the positives.

Some down there are no doubt terrified of the comfy set up being shook up, including a few players i reckon.

Wherever the starting point was 4 wins in the entire 2022 so far is a disgrace especially when they went into this year able to bring in 4 new faces.  There is just no glossing this over age is not an excuse they were good enough bold enough and experienced enough to get up there in the first place.

Bang average form would have been fine and understandable if we'd settled back into that after a glorious run. It's been relegation form though and it happens ever season and wrecks every season. The common denominator is the manager and coaching staff with the same old wrong answers to the same questions asked every Jan/Feb/March.

The excuse mentality is rife down there hes installed it in them, TK should be saying we are all gutted and angry. We know it hasn't been good enough and we are determined to put it right.

But no, just like the manager says it's hey we've improved on last season a bit, we are naive and young but we are doing just fine. No wonder no one takes responsibility on the pitch there is no accountability anywhere down there. And that's because ultimately they know they can lump it at the owners door but never get called out on it because of their ignorance.

And don't understand this age angle. What youngsters? Most of the squad I'd in their mid 20s. It's bullshit.  Going off England for example who had an average age of 24. That didn't stop them making a euros final.  Its just a bollocks excuse from Mowbray and his kiss ass players.  

• Like 3