BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Why is Coyle a degenerate? Utterly useless as a manager, yes. Completely out of his depth, and then some. But degenerate? Also think Coyle was dealt a worse hand that TM if I am honest, which combined with his ineptitude was a guaranteed disaster. And one thing for Coyle - his comments haven't been as bad as TMs by a long stretch. 

He lied to the media and supporters in his very first press conference about whether or not he had links to SEM, he also came out in full support of king rat, because they both had SEM representatives, that's why he's a degenerate in my opinion.

Edited by Gav

14 hours ago, tomphil said:

We've seen before how his narrative changes when things fall away, more they/them and less we/us.  

That isn't nitpicking it's just plain fact and of course he won't be the only one doing it but he has a certain way about him even the most in denial should be able to pick up on. Very crafty old bugger is our Tone hes been playing this game a long time but hes done it too many times here now to be able to hide it.

Next up will be the honesty and integrity lines again whilst bemoaning how far Blackburn is from home.

A leader he isn't but a man who can detach himself from it all he's an expert in that field.

Brought tears to my eyes:

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20039706.tony-mowbray-coventry-city-exit-blackburn-rovers-balance/

3.5 hours drive from home, sad sad fecker.

I was working 12 hours from home, and that was travel by plane!

• Like 2

He will sadly be remembered for putting the club on its feet and into a wonderful position to get promotion and then blowing it through sheer ignorance incompetence and an unwillingness to learn a lesson through his natural stubborn stances🤬

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'll bet he wasn't complaining about the prospect of working a couple of hours away from home when he was out of work on the managerial scrap heap and was offered the job.

I mean honestly, he makes it sound like he is doing everyone a massive favour by being here when in reality instead of complaining he should be treating being the manager of Blackburn Rovers as a privilege.

Fuck off.

The main point of all this is when he worked half an hour from home at his boyhood club the same things happened.  

And he got sacked so distance has jack shit to do with it and his managerial methods have all to do with it.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, riverholmes said:

Mowbray is over complicating it. Stick a forward as a forward and wingers as wingers and we'll beat most teams in this league.

I suspect that there's no other team in the football league that plays with false wingers and a false striker.

By far the worst thing is that we play with a false manager

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

Well folks, that’s me for the season. I’m not enduring anymore Tony Mowbray. How the manager has manufactured this level of a breakdown is quite incredible. Every single decision he’s made since January has been wrong and he’s the only one that can’t see it.

And the worst bit is - like he’s done at all of his other clubs - he’s going to leave us in a position next season where we have to completely reset. We will have: a strong keeper but no back up, no right backs, one experienced centre back, one left back, one midfielder, a number 9 that doesn’t score goals, Bradley Dack and Tyrhys Dolan. A huge rebuilding is ahead for whoever is next.

And what an opportunity has been missed: a weak league, we where second, the Arma money in the bank. All he had to do was fill the gaps and keep spirits high and somehow he’s managed to deteriorate everything to an entirely predictable 10th place finish and a squad left on the floor with their heads in their hands after very public spats.

And the worst bit? It was predictable. I couldn’t even enjoy it because I knew what happens next. I knew in January he couldn’t manage us into promotion, I knew in January he hadn’t signed the right players and I knew when the team news was released today that we weren’t playing the right team… and this isn’t a “I know better than him” moment, every fan walking into the stadium was questioning the team! 

The sooner this dinosaur is removed from this club the better. He shouldn’t have been allowed the luxury of this long and it’s only the good grace of Rovers fans who I would argue don’t know any better that has kept him here for this long. Get someone who gives a shite in and is ambitious enough to battle. I don’t care if we lose the fight as long as we’ve battled. 

I dont get how literal you are being. There are 6 games to go, i would consider a top 6 place to be very much unlikely. Are you just not watching anymore this season? Would that change if we did make the play offs?

Firstly, this idea that Mowbray doesnt care is quite frankly a load of bollocks. Mowbray was fuming blaming the referee (not justifiably necessarily) while the players had initially turned the game round and looked devastated at full time. Its not something that people need to make up either considering the various constructive technical criticisms that can go his way. You speak as if its in the Kean days where we were full of big name egos that didnt care, its not like that. We are full of young players many of whom arent anything special by any means, and a group that doesnt seem to be able to handle the mental strain of a promotion push, they look overawed.

This idea that he has sole responsibility for the potential squad he will leave is flawed too. We will always have gaps left every year with departing loans because finances dictate that we have to heavily utilise that market. Mowbray raised an 8 figure profit last summer on one of his signings and received nothing to reinvest. He also had a sale of an out of contracter lined up with 2 potential assets coming in blocked by the owners, so like any Rovers manager, he has his hands tied somewhat.

Again I would state that on the almost certain assumption that we dont make the play offs, we need to change the mamager. The last 3 months have been shocking and there are things even today I look at and shake my head. But does he give a shit? Yes. Is there a need to manipulate every word he says? No. Is he the second coming of the devil? No. Is he the worst pound for pound manager in 50 years? No. Is he on par with Coyle and Kean? No. Some of the shite on here in recent weeks has been laughable.

• Like 1

Mowbray and anyone else at the club involved in transfers, tactics and team selection have no one else to blame other than themselves. An unforgivable second half of the season and it will be a fitting farewell to a tenure of mediocracy come May.

The big worry is our totally incompetent and indifferent owners will not know what to do next. We need to hear from them and we need to see some big decisions made quickly and correctly. Can they do it? Well, we haven't seen it in 12 years...

If they knew what they were doing they would be working on a replacement CEO and manager to be announced May 1.

• Like 4

• Backroom
2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I dont get how literal you are being. There are 6 games to go, i would consider a top 6 place to be very much unlikely. Are you just not watching anymore this season? Would that change if we did make the play offs?

Firstly, this idea that Mowbray doesnt care is quite frankly a load of bollocks. Mowbray was fuming blaming the referee (not justifiably necessarily) while the players had initially turned the game round and looked devastated at full time. Its not something that people need to make up either considering the various constructive technical criticisms that can go his way. You speak as if its in the Kean days where we were full of big name egos that didnt care, its not like that. We are full of young players many of whom arent anything special by any means, and a group that doesnt seem to be able to handle the mental strain of a promotion push, they look overawed.

This idea that he has sole responsibility for the potential squad he will leave is flawed too. We will always have gaps left every year with departing loans because finances dictate that we have to heavily utilise that market. Mowbray raised an 8 figure profit last summer on one of his signings and received nothing to reinvest. He also had a sale of an out of contracter lined up with 2 potential assets coming in blocked by the owners, so like any Rovers manager, he has his hands tied somewhat.

Again I would state that on the almost certain assumption that we dont make the play offs, we need to change the mamager. The last 3 months have been shocking and there are things even today I look at and shake my head. But does he give a shit? Yes. Is there a need to manipulate every word he says? No. Is he the second coming of the devil? No. Is he the worst pound for pound manager in 50 years? No. Is he on par with Coyle and Kean? No. Some of the shite on here in recent weeks has been laughable.

Every man and his dog knows Mowbray doesn't care. He's said as much himself.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Every man and his dog knows Mowbray doesn't care. He's said as much himself.

Can I have an exact quote that in context is Mowbray saying that he doesnt care about being Rovers manager?

He didnt look at the end of the game like someone who didnt care. Its bollocks.

The need to play Sam Gallagher whenever possible and him putting player development before promotion is a big issue with him imo.

Putting Giles right so he can stick Gallagher left because he's marginally less useless there than on the right. In his own mind he'll be trying to add another string to Giles bow and get a pat on the back from Wolves.

Then Buckley again as false 9 when he clearly isn't whilst he has a hole in his backside. It worked briefly months ago and hasn't really since but stubborn old Tone persists because in his mind he's developing BUckley.

In truth he is ruining both and wasting their best attributes and disjointing the whole side but on it goes.

A development coach by his own admission and not a promotion driven one. 

• Like 3

I think after our recent run my revised score has gone down to a 4/10.

2nd place in December. Finishing in the playoffs was an absolute minimum requirement. He's totally bottled it. You could have replaced him then and there with just about any other manager in League football and they'd have secured a position in the top six by now.

All he had to do was the bear minimum and he couldn't even do that. Also having the nerve to shift blame onto the players to absolve himself is totally unacceptable. What a coward and a fraud he is.

Fuck off Tony Mowbray, you will not be missed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I think after our recent run my revised score has gone down to a 4/10.

2nd place in December. Finishing in the playoffs was an absolute minimum requirement. He's totally bottled it. You could have replaced him then and there with just about any other manager in League football and they'd have secured a position in the top six by now.

All he had to do was the bear minimum and he couldn't even do that. Also having the nerve to shift blame onto the players to absolve himself is totally unacceptable. What a coward and a fraud he is.

Fuck off Tony Mowbray, you will not be missed.

We were 2nd in February that’s the magnitude of this seasons death spiral. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2