BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

6 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Kamy reckons one of the people we are looking at is Jason Wilcox.

Not sure what to think about that. On the one hand obviously a very highly rated coach for City to give him that role. Perhaps not too similar to Neil Critchley before he went to Blackpool. His CV couldn't be more different to the likes of Ainsworth in terms of their different strengths and weaknesses, at least on paper.

Obviously a massive risk though. I'd have him in front of plenty of the names you can get decent odds for, but if we can get Farke with two recent promotions to his name, Wilcox shouldn't be getting in the conversation for me.

58 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

But we're not clearing them out, they are leaving of their own accord.

Exactly 😂 and until a new manager has signed they wouldn't even know which members of the current staff he'd want to keep or not. 

Sadly it's more like rats leaving a sinking ship at the minute, not that any of them are irreplaceable, most just seem like jobsworths and dollopers anyway. 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Kamy reckons one of the people we are looking at is Jason Wilcox.

Why on earth would we be doing that?

Last managed Man City's U17, a role he left in 2017, that's his only managerial experience.

Jesus Wept.

• Like 4

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, would we be interested if he wasn’t an ex Rover ?

Probably not, so that worries me a bit. That said, there are a growing number of examples of the 'apprentices' of certain coaches getting gigs elsewhere and doing well. Wagner and Critchley have both worked under Klopp. Arteta and Vieira under Guardiola. The guy at Huddersfield under Bielsa.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but there's a logic to it. 

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Mm, would we be interested if he wasn’t an ex Rover ?

With the work he's done behind the scenes at City the last 10 years i definitely think he'd deserve to be considered at least. 

There was talk of Newcastle considering him for a dof role just after the takeover, so he must be well regarded within the game

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That’s the only positive,  but replacing that lot needs to start now. New manager ASAP . At least all the other guys leaving sort of confirms Mowbray is going.

IF and that’s a big if, there is a plan, then any self respecting manager would want to install a full team. The fact that loads of them are leaving can be as big a positive as a potential negative!

Realistically would we want to keep any of them? 

4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Why on earth would we be doing that?

Last managed Man City's U17, a role he left in 2017, that's his only managerial experience.

Jesus Wept.

Billy mckinley all over again 

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

IF and that’s a big if, there is a plan, then any self respecting manager would want to install a full team. The fact that loads of them are leaving can be as big a positive as a potential negative!

Realistically would we want to keep any of them? 

Well obviously I’ve not seen any of them in action behind the scenes. You see what I see . Did you get the impression that Rovers this season were physically fitter, stronger, better prepared both mentally and tactically than most of the opposition ? I don’t think I did.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Probably not, so that worries me a bit. That said, there are a growing number of examples of the 'apprentices' of certain coaches getting gigs elsewhere and doing well. Wagner and Critchley have both worked under Klopp. Arteta and Vieira under Guardiola. The guy at Huddersfield under Bielsa.

Wouldn't be my first choice, but there's a logic to it. 

Suprised there's not been a mention of Bielsa yet!? (unless I've missed something) 

Personally I could never get my head around having a manager that doesn't speak English and communication at our club is already laughably poor 😅

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If he left in 2017 that’s old history.

He was appointed Academy Director in 2017 at City been in that job ever since

2013 City U18 Head Coach

2016 City Head of Academy coaching

Edited by perthblue02
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

With the work he's done behind the scenes at City the last 10 years i definitely think he'd deserve to be considered at least. 

There was talk of Newcastle considering him for a dof role just after the takeover, so he must be well regarded within the game

Director of Football is an entirely different skillset to Manager. That's where his career trajectory is taking him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Not surprised Farke being backed in, heard on 19th March that he was very much in the frame, just hope they don't cock it up, as there is a genuine desire to get it done from both sides

Don't, for the love of God don't....

• Like 6

Just now, glen9mullan said:

Not surprised Farke being backed in, heard on 19th March that he was very much in the frame, just hope they don't cock it up, as there is a genuine desire to get it done from both sides

Pleasantly surprising. I won't get my hopes up too much until I see him holding a Rovers scarf above his head though.

I know that sacked managers often can't be too picky about their next move - even Dyche is vanishingly unlikely to get another prem job - but I'd have thought there would be a bit of a queue for Farke. Hopefully the sign that he's interested is an indicator that we're willing to back whoever takes over. 

1 minute ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Pleasantly surprising. I won't get my hopes up too much until I see him holding a Rovers scarf above his head though.

I know that sacked managers often can't be too picky about their next move - even Dyche is vanishingly unlikely to get another prem job - but I'd have thought there would be a bit of a queue for Farke. Hopefully the sign that he's interested is an indicator that we're willing to back whoever takes over. 

I didn't realise he'd resigned from a Russian PL job, Krasnodar, because of the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 

7 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

Stop getting my hopes up.

That'll be a huge huge upgrade

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, glen9mullan said:

There will be a list minute change of mind and John Coleman will get it a la coyle for warnock