BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

41 minutes ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I will be shot down in flames but I'd like to see Roy Keane get the job.  Number 1 it will bring great attention to the club and we will be box office.  Number 2 he probably has the calibre to get the club up the table as much as any of the z list managers currently in the frame.  I think he would raise the profile of the club massively and maybe attract some players we might not be able to have gotten without a big name in charge.

Its a risk but so is appointing anyone else.

Becoming "box office" and raising a profile via a name generated as a playee and then as a pundit should not be considerations.

We havent even officially announced Mowbray's departure yet, and Rich Sharpe himself said yesterday that there are no front runners because weve not even encouraged any applicants yet. I havent read the article as it was premium but perhaps Woodgate was mentioned to try and encourage people to pay to see, the article was around betting odds.

Needless to say appointing him wouldnt surprise me under Venkys and he would be a downgrade on Mowbray.

22 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Becoming "box office" and raising a profile via a name generated as a playee and then as a pundit should not be considerations.

I disagree.  The club has a very small fanbase and anything to generate interest and new fans  and bums on seats is a good thing.  The club needs a lift.   More attention means more sponsorship money from shirt sponsors and others.  Appointing a no name z lister is not going to inspire fans let alone players.  The list of names being touted is nothing short of depressing,  And its not like he is any worse than anyone on that list.  He has won the championship before.  For me its worth a punt.

Edited by Nuttall is lost
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, goozburger said:

I didn't think Bell was Championship quality. A change of club and manager put paid to that.

Speaks volumes that, I would offer that ALL he needed was a mangerial switch.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neal said:

He'll be bringing his brother in law Downing in as his 2nd in command no doubt. Be a nice low pressure job for them considering there will only be about 4k fans at home games. 

Since when did we become the beggers for Middlesbrough's scraps?

Uhh think it was February 2017 mate.

• Like 1

We don't know 100% Mowbary will not be back, if he is gone there are a few thing we do know.

The appt they make will be either underwhelming at best, totally piss boiling appt at worst.  The appointment will be very very late, giving the new person no time to put together a decent squad.  Sick of waiting our out of contract players are all long gone.

• Like 2

Wood gate would be the only appointment worse than keeping Mowbray.

Then we have all the good work with the Asian community and hire someone involved in a racist attack. Might aswell bring bowyer with him and sign a few autographs in the prayer room

excellent work rovers . 

He shouldn’t even be interviewed purely from a football pov. Honestly r this better be a joke or lazy journalism

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

I agree with you. These owners and their hangers on have turned us into the forgotten club. Out of the spotlight, not talked about, maybe deliberately so and to the liking of a few behind the scenes.

Getting Keane here would be the boost we need, IMO. The attention the club would suddenly get would be huge. I was watching an interview he did with Gary Neville for a Sky podcast or something. He's really determined to get things right at his next club. It's not as if he is a bad manager and he has the mentality that many of us have been slating Mowbray for not having.

I would certainly take Keane ahead of the likes of Adkins, Woodgate, and a host of other miserable names in the frame. Sadly, it's not likely to happen though, as the cowards backstage will shudder at the thought of him being here and Keane wouldn't put up with any of the nonsense that goes on here.

I’m not sure Keane would be that hire. He could be, but I agree that right now, we need a hire that is exciting, and unites the fan base. We cannot stand another dismal plodder who looks like he would be happier anywhere but striving to get Blackburn Rovers back in the PL. Keane could be; Ainsworth could be; there are others. 

6 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

I will be shot down in flames but I'd like to see Roy Keane get the job.  Number 1 it will bring great attention to the club and we will be box office.  Number 2 he probably has the calibre to get the club up the table as much as any of the z list managers currently in the frame.  I think he would raise the profile of the club massively and maybe attract some players we might not be able to have gotten without a big name in charge.

Its a risk but so is appointing anyone else.

I'd take Keane without a doubt, imagine him and Waggott having a heated discussion 🤣

• Like 2

I think Keane would fire overdue rockets up some players backsides as well. I doubt he'd be even remotely interested in working within the Venkys circus though I'm afraid. It'll 100% be someone with a nice bloke persona. Is Woodgate considered squeaky clean enough after his brush with the law and community service stint back in the day? 🤔

Not a particularly inspiring list of candidates but I would really like someone with some passion to come in.

Misery guts Mowbray barely looks like he can motivate himself to get out of bed in a morning let alone get the team to make amazing comebacks or passionate performances. Some of his post match interviews and constant down playing of the side over the years has been a big negative in his tenure.

On that basis it would be a Ainsworth or Keane for me. Someone who actually wants to the here and doesn’t stand for anything less than 100%.

Whoever it is needs to bring an identity with them and recruit players to suit it fast. This would be the hard bit for any decent managers as don’t believe they will get any funding.

• Like 1

Assuming Dyche is 'pie in the sky' then, for me, it is Farke or, as backup option in the likely scenario Farke rejects an approach, Ainsworth. I honestly can't see another realistic option that would inspire any form of interest for next season or be much of an improvement on Mowbray (who I increasingly suspect we may end up being stuck with, anyway).

What a bloody sad state of affairs this is, that we have become such an unappealing draw. 

• Like 3

I think Roy Keane would be exciting. He looks like he's ready to get back into management.

From the names touted so far, my preference in order would be:

1) Farke

2) Keane

3) Manning

4) Ainsworth

EDIT: Dyche would probably be two, but I don't think it would ever happen.

Edited by LeftWinger
  • Like 3

I guess this all boils down to who is actually running the show.

We have a CEO supposedly running things day to day at Ewood, if that is the case the potential candidate list could be interesting as he’s a football man, like him or loath him.

If the Venky stooge is actually running the show the appointment will be farmed out to the usual agent spivs and the rest is predictable, small pool of crap, repeat the mistakes of the past 11yrs.

Either way we’re goosed until we get rid of these owners.

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, davulsukur said:

Still, it would be a disastrous appointment and one I can't believe we are even considering.

Why?

Surely you have seen what venkys have done over the past 12 years, they haven't all of a sudden figured out that we should be appointing the best available.

• Like 1

• Backroom

Benni McCarthy has just publicly declared his interest on Twitter when replying to me. It'll be in his 'tweets and replies' section.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Madon said:

Benni McCarthy has just publicly declared his interest on Twitter when replying to me. It'll be in his 'tweets and replies' section.

In that case I'd like Wagott to know I'm also interested, and have just as much managerial experience in the championship.