BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Am I? Why? Makes no difference at all to my point that the club is a rudderless farce.

Hadn’t made their mind up with one game of his contract left! Sounds about right.

You're just being Gav style argumentative for the sake of it now.

He made his announcement before the Bournemouth game at which point we still had a mathematical choice of going up. 

Say we had somehow scraped into the play offs and then gone up. Most people would have been wanting him given a new deal in that instance and Gav would have been lobbying for his status outside the ground again and saying what a disgrace it was we'd previously announced we were letting him go.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If he was given a new contract, would you not feel silly that the owners you have repeatedly defended have given him one, and indeed pin the blame on them? Rather than blame the "devious" recipient, surely your focus would turn to those who gave him one anyway, on the unlikely scenario that it happens and he doesn't leave?

Couldn't defend that at all if it happened but it would prove Mowbray is a lying scumbag, happily agreeing to a new deal after his comments last week and consistently moaning about being away from his family season after season.

If that happened that would be it for me. You couldn't defend the owners any longer and they and  Mowbray would  fully deserve each other.

6 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Holy shit.

Sounds like they're going to beg him to stay.

He's playing them like an absolute fiddle. 

New contract, nice pay rise - Happy Days.

Edit: "I'll see what they have to say"

Why would he do that if he'd made his mind up he was leaving?

Edited by RevidgeBlue
  • Like 2

Yep. I don't see certainty or clarity. I see a bloke who deep down would want to stay but there has clearly been some sort of break down in communications or relations and together with his contract situation he has no choice.

I'm bracing myself for a new contract. I think after his relative tantrum announcing he's off that word will have got back to India and they'll offer him cash to stay.

There are only two potential positives to this. One is if it avoids Woodgate, Adkins, Johnson or Venus then its better the devil you know. The other is it might force them to cough up a reasonable budget to help him rebuild the squad.

Shame I won't be there to see it.

He's playing a good game and looking after himself. Its a win, win situation for Mowbray. He's framed things so if he's not offered a new contract he is leaving on his terms. He'll be able to say he did x, y, z. Culture this, foundations etc and that he wasn't sacked. He can even say the owners wanted him to stay on. They're that far removed from the football World he can say they begged him to stay and nobody would be any the wiser. On the other hand he has very clearly left the door open just enough to not burn bridges if a new contract is incoming.

Can't blame him either really. It's his career. He's protecting his future earning potential and Venkys have allowed him to control the narrative with their continued silence. Its even reached a point now whereby he's so in control of that narrative that should they want him to stay, he'll know there is no plan for his departure and he can demand what he wants. If he worked in any other industry I'd be applauding him.

• Like 2

There seems to be genuine surprise on here about what is unfolding at present. 

I was told at the end of Aug last year that both Mowbray and Waggott were leaving this summer and this info was known by staff at Ewood.

This info looks like its coming to fruition?

My immediate reaction at the time was this "Thanks for Update - only downside I suppose is that they are hardly going to be motivated for this season? its just a shit show"

I honestly feel this is all part of a plan to leave us as deep in the shite as possible (like some disgruntled ex-employees would in a similar position?)

Maybe the SW/TM chat went along the lines of - who would piss the fan base off the most? Oh they hate ********** I'll give him the job as a parting gift!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBiz said:

You’d stop going if they didn’t hire a manager you rate?

It' would hardly be a case of the Club  hiring a manager JH  didn't rate from scratch and JH not giving him a chance though would it? It would be a case of giving a manager who has already  been an abject failure over a number of seasons an extended dea for no good reason.

I'd be in the same boat. Even if he gets a cushy well paid job as DOF that he seems to be favouring in that interview. Whilst someone else might be in the hotseat we know who'd be calling the shots.

And what about his comments that indicate as DOF he wouldn't mind losing particularly as long as he wasn't the one getting the stick for it!

The man is utterly shameless.

• Like 4

Good interview, the words of an honourable man, despite what’s often said on here.

He deserves better, we deserve better as supporters and things will continue to be a shit show until they sod off.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, sw0808 said:

Maybe the SW/TM chat went along the lines of - who would piss the fan base off the most? Oh they hate ********** I'll give him the job as a parting gift!!

And the answer is........(drumroll)

Tony Mowbray!

I'll see if I can get them to offer you a new deal!

• Like 1

Reading that latest piece from the LT, it seems pretty clear cut to me.

He's leaving and he's not changing his mind. The situation is still same as it was pre Bournemouth. The owners might call him but it doesn't sound like he's going to stay on now.

Regardless of what happens to Mowbray, talk of the likes of Farke seems fanciful when there appears to be zero communication between Ewood and Pune save for Suhail who hasn’t a bloody clue how to run a football club. 

I’m expecting TM to leave personally, but would wager that no bugger will be lined up for months. 

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

It' would hardly be a case of the Club  hiring a manager JH  didn't rate from scratch and JH not giving him a chance though would it? It would be a case of giving a manager who has already  been an abject failure over a number of seasons an extended dea for no good reason.

I'd be in the same boat. Even if he gets a cushy well paid job as DOF that he seems to be favouring in that interview. Whilst someone else might be in the hotseat we know who'd be calling the shots.

And what about his comments that indicate as DOF he wouldn't mind losing particularly as long as he wasn't the one getting the stick for it!

He said he didn’t want to be anything but a manager so I’m not sure why you’d spin a scenario based on nothing but your own assumptions?

As @Gavpoints out, he may not have achieved what we would’ve wanted or expected but to declare him “utterly shameless” is the type of hyperbole you only find on BRFCS

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Even if he gets a cushy well paid job as DOF that he seems to be favouring in that interview. Whilst someone else might be in the hotseat we know who'd be calling the shots.

I'm really, really not liking that he is now fantasising in public about what being a Director of Football would be like. Fuck off Mowbray - if you're doing that, do it elsewhere.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

You're just being Gav style argumentative for the sake of it now.

He made his announcement before the Bournemouth game at which point we still had a mathematical choice of going up. 

Say we had somehow scraped into the play offs and then gone up. Most people would have been wanting him given a new deal in that instance and Gav would have been lobbying for his status outside the ground again and saying what a disgrace it was we'd previously announced we were letting him go.

‘Gav style argumentative’, no I just disagree with you.

If you think this is a professional way to run a football club, and that incudes the lot of them, TM, Swag, owners, then fair enough, but it’s a long way from one from my perspective…

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JBiz said:

He said he didn’t want to be anything but a manager so I’m not sure why you’d spin a scenario based on nothing but your own assumptions?

As @Gavpoints out, he may not have achieved what we would’ve wanted or expected but to declare him “utterly shameless” is the type of hyperbole you only find on BRFCS

Unless you're referring to an older interview or some quotes are missing, no, he didn't say that.

What he said was:

"All the other stuff, directors of football, I don't know, I've never done that. Maybe for a thought, it would be nice to be involved in football but not have the pressure to win on Saturday.

"Obviously you want to win but it's not your fault, it's the manager's fault."

Which is clearly speculating on the positives of being a DoF.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

Unless you're referring to an older interview or some quotes are missing, no, he didn't say that.

What he said was:

"All the other stuff, directors of football, I don't know, I've never done that. Maybe for a thought, it would be nice to be involved in football but not have the pressure to win on Saturday.

"Obviously you want to win but it's not your fault, it's the manager's fault."

Which is clearly speculating on the positives of being a DoF.

Did you miss this bit:

“I hope to be in football management still for a long time because it’s what I do.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBiz said:

The hyperbole is necessary because he's been THAT bad a manager.

- Just finished with 17 points from 19 games to avoid getting in the play offs.

- Another record breaking run last season (for the wrong reasons)

- 2 very disappointing seasons before  that and various death spirals.

Yet some people still seem to think he's all right. I just don't get it. It's like they support Tony Mowbray and not the Club.

• Like 7

36 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

He's playing a good game and looking after himself. Its a win, win situation for Mowbray. He's framed things so if he's not offered a new contract he is leaving on his terms. He'll be able to say he did x, y, z. Culture this, foundations etc and that he wasn't sacked. He can even say the owners wanted him to stay on. They're that far removed from the football World he can say they begged him to stay and nobody would be any the wiser. On the other hand he has very clearly left the door open just enough to not burn bridges if a new contract is incoming.

Can't blame him either really. It's his career. He's protecting his future earning potential and Venkys have allowed him to control the narrative with their continued silence. Its even reached a point now whereby he's so in control of that narrative that should they want him to stay, he'll know there is no plan for his departure and he can demand what he wants. If he worked in any other industry I'd be applauding him.

Again non of that would be allowed to happen at a club with a real CEO or Chairperson.

Nor would some of his ramblings and whinging and whining in recent seasons, he'd have been hauled in and told get on with it or be off.

Painful this is and it's likely to get worse.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Did you miss this bit:

“I hope to be in football management still for a long time because it’s what I do.

No I didn't miss it. Did you miss this bit preceding the quote?

Mowbray has been with Rovers since February 2017, replacing Owen Coyle in the hotseat.

He had been without a club since leaving Coventry City six months earlier, and asked about missing the day-to-day involvement, he said: “Give me a few weeks and I’ll be craving organising something, or planning something, or preparing a session.

“I hope to be in football management still for a long time because it’s what I do."

Now I could be wrong, because the LT does write sloppy articles, but sounds to me like they're quoting him from after he left Coventry.

Edit - yeh they may be new comments actually as I can't find them as old quotes on Google, it was how they read to me though. Nonetheless that isn't him confirming he will only do management, he's just expressing a 'hope' as he phrased it, and there is little reason to be rambling about a DoF's bright sides if he isn't interested. Nothing would surprise me with him, he's been caught saying words that don't match reality before. Maybe he wants to DoF for a year instead of taking a full break from the game, then go back to management, who knows. All I know is I'm concerned at the prospect of him sticking around.

Edited by bluebruce

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

"Idols in Pune" Lol.

As soon as Mowbray started playing the violin last week, they should have thought "Thank goodness for that, you've saved us a job" and straightaway issued the standard leaving statement. The fact that no statement has subsequently been subdequently forthcoming is an absolute farce but that will be nothing compared to if he ends up staying.

You're so wrong. Any employer worth their salt would have told Mowbray (irrespective of how he performs) what the situation would be with regard to their deal. It really shows these people up for what they are. All this innuendo about them and the future is bollocks, they aren't bothered about Rovers and if you think differently that's your prerogative but don't try and convince us that they are any different now to when they walked in the door.

And as far as Rovers are concerned they are the 'idiots in Pune'.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

He had been without a club since leaving Coventry City six months earlier, and asked about missing the day-to-day involvement, he said: “Give me a few weeks and I’ll be craving organising something, or planning something, or preparing a session.

“I hope to be in football management still for a long time because it’s what I do."

Now I could be wrong, because the LT does write sloppy articles, but sounds to me like they're quoting him from after he left Coventry.

I've read it numerous times and I'm not sure whether it's a quote from now or then. It's not very clear.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Did you miss this bit:

What were you saying earlier about "reading between the lines"?

Instead of simply confirming he's off he's said he'll wait and see what the owners have to say and whilst it wouldnt be his first choice, it might be nice being a DOF.

Seems a fairly clear "I would like a new deal as manager.  Failing that I would consider a role as DOF".

• Like 2