BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I am looking forward to seeing a considerable reinvestment of the Brereton funds this summer with the FFP pressure being eased having previously apparently been the main reason for a lack of further investment.

Who knows what will happen?

It's not like they have never gone and spent money.

When we got promoted from League one I'm sure you would have been saying the same about them spending money, 12 months later 15 million spent on 3 and multiple other players brought in.

Only 3 million recouped selling Raya.

We can't predict what will happen this summer, spending has been stop/start since they bought us.

It wouldn't shock me if the purse strings were opened again

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Gav said:

Do you think we should be challenging money bags Fulham, Bournemouth, Norwich, Leeds and Watford chaddy?

Mowbray has had less that £1m to spend over the past 4 transfer windows, how can we compete?

We can at least try. Like Luton did.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

We can at least try. Like Luton did.

Yes everyone wanted us to follow the Barnsley model last season, we even had a thread dedicated to it, with respect it’s a lazy argument and we’ll be playing them next season I’d wager. 

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Its Waggott who should be communicate to the fans. I have send an email to the club asking about whether we will hear from him in the coming days 

Look at what Glen Mullan is saying, 2 other national journalists are reporting. Plenty of info out there plus it is very natural for managers or agents of managers to be sending in their CV's into the club when they is a vacancy

No it isnt! A decision such as the announcement of the departure of the manager will come from the very top, Waggott doesnt have the authority to be putting out such a statement. He said to Mobwray to expect a call from Venkys this week, why has that not already happened?!

I couldnt give a shit what bollocks Nixon is spouting, even he doesnt seem to think that we are interviewing anyone. There isnt a vacancy at the moment, surely even the communication that there is would speed up the process. The fact that you have faith that Venkys have a plan is absolutely crazy after the last 12 years.

6 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Why wait until the eve of the game v Bournemouth a game we had to win to have any chance of playoffs going into the final game?

Prior to that when his future been brought up "his contract wasn't important" .."we will talk at the end of the season" 

Technically we could have still got promoted pre Bournemouth, is it so wrong if the owners wanted to wait and see if we made top 6/ got promoted before making a decision?

I'm not defending the owners here as agreed they are a joke but Mowbray is no shining light and he made it about him pre Bournemouth when all the focus should have been on getting the 3 points needed.

He should have been talking about his future at season end or when no chance of playoffs 

You are focusing on such a small issue in the grand scheme of things, one of Mowbray's pre match interviews. The massive and much more serious issue is the lack of clarity from the owners on a continious basis. 

How are you even so sure that Venkys were waiting to see where we finished, and even if they were surely they should have said far earlier that his future depends on results. It feels like Mowbray out of pure frustration at a total lack of communication has possibly said enough to make it very difficult to go back, but it shouldnt come to that.

Regarding funding, there is absolutely zero sign of a plan from the very top. The initial spending was hardly wild but it could in theory have led to a process of selling at a profit and buying new players "to shine up." As it was, it suddenly came to a halt whereby when a player actually was developed and sold at huge profit, none of it was reinvested.

I have repeatedly argued with you and others about this whereby this assumption seems to have been made that it is only FFP that has stopped them, a theory further disproved by their refusal to re lay the pitch on financial grounds.

5 minutes ago, Gav said:

Yes everyone wanted us to follow the Barnsley model last season, we even had a thread dedicated to it, with respect it’s a lazy argument and we’ll be playing them next season I’d wager. 

Only if we draw them in a cup.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Gav said:

Do you think we should be challenging money bags Fulham, Bournemouth, Norwich, Leeds and Watford chaddy?

Mowbray has had less that £1m to spend over the past 4 transfer windows, how can we compete?

How much has Huddersfield to achieve 3rd and playoff place? Or Luton? Or Barnsley last season?

You mention Norwich but under Farke(and their Sporting Director Stuart Webber) rebuild the Norwich team by selling James Maddison and other players. In his first season, he spend 13 million pounds, signing 17 players in that season whilst selling players for just over 30 million pounds, then his second season where he achieved promotion he spent just below 5 million pounds, signing 10 players whilst selling players for around 33 million pounds. So that's 18 million pounds on transfer ins whilst bringing in 63 million pounds on transfer outs. So he has had sell key players like James Maddison, Josh Murphy, Jacob Murphy and Alex Pritchard. Then bringing in cheaper replacements from overseas.

here is his first season of transfer ins and out 
Norwich City - Transfers 17/18 | Transfermarkt

here for his second season and promotion

Norwich City - Transfers 18/19 | Transfermarkt

We should be wanting promotion within 2 seasons if we appoint the right manager

Also where is your ambition from you or are you happy being a mid table championship team/club for years to come? Should we not be a PL club anymore or ambition to get there

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

We've been saying the same thing Season after Season...for the last twelve long and infuriating years.

Round and round we go!

I have no doubts they will just appoint another cheap, agent pushed option as manager with no ambition to get the club into the PL.

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

No it isnt! A decision such as the announcement of the departure of the manager will come from the very top, Waggott doesnt have the authority to be putting out such a statement. He said to Mobwray to expect a call from Venkys this week, why has that not already happened?!

I couldnt give a shit what bollocks Nixon is spouting, even he doesnt seem to think that we are interviewing anyone. There isnt a vacancy at the moment, surely even the communication that there is would speed up the process. The fact that you have faith that Venkys have a plan is absolutely crazy after the last 12 years.

Mowbray has said it was his last game after Birmingham game. So we have managerial vacancy like I said. For some reason you keep saying we don't have this but we. 

Rovers will be getting cvs in and Waggott will be conducting interviews shortly..if you want to believe that fine. We see shortly. 

I couldn't give a monkeys about a phone call to Mowbray and he never said that would deffo happen. 

30 minutes ago, Gav said:

As Norwich Leeds and Watford were in a higher division than us season just gone.....

No!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

How much has Huddersfield to achieve 3rd and playoff place? Or Luton? Or Barnsley last season?

For once, you've got something right

Money plays a big part in success in football and the parachute payments make a big difference when clubs come down from the Prem..... unless Steve Kean is in charge

But the likes of Luton and Huddersfield and others (Dyche didn't spend much either getting 2 promotions) shows what's possible when you have a manager with a plan

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

For once, you've got something right

Money plays a big part in success in football and the parachute payments make a big difference when clubs come down from the Prem..... unless Steve Kean is in charge

But the likes of Luton and Huddersfield and others (Dyche didn't spend much either getting 2 promotions) shows what's possible when you have a manager with a plan

I get plenty right Jim actually. 

Huddersfield have a good manager there who is very good tactical and knows his stuff. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

.......only a possibility if the infrastructure above the manager and lines of communication improve.

That piece in The Athletic basically confirmed what we all knew - Rovers are a circus.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

As Norwich Leeds and Watford were in a higher division than us season just gone.....

No!

Mowbray has been here since 2017, does that help?

Edited by Gav

1 minute ago, martonrover said:

.......only a possibility if the infrastructure above the manager and lines of communication improve.

That piece in The Athletic basically confirmed what we all knew - Rovers are a circus.

Not at all. Mowbray should have took at least a playoff place if not second place. But unwillingness to learn and adapt cost us massively. Meaning we missed out. 

I do think they need to improve the management structure but I don't think anywhere near as worst as previous years when Shaw, Agnew were here. 

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

Really? Where was that reported/heard?

Kept quiet but they visited Issa headquarters in Blackburn on one of their visits, may have been same time as when they met the Queen, (can you believe that).

2 minutes ago, dallydally said:

Just emailed Venkys in an attempt to get clarification about Mowbray/his replacement etc. Not holding my breath for a response

I don't think you'd get a response if you were Steve Waggott 😂

You're not Steve Waggott are you?

• Like 4

Going to be a lot of disappointment on here when they eventually announce Mowbray is staying. 

Probably take them a few weeks but I think this is the inevitable conclusion to this saga.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, goozburger said:

Where did it come from that Venkys were trying to sell the club to the Issa brothers?

There was a rumour a few years ago that Venky's were looking to get a new investor on board in relation to Rovers. That may be why they visited the Issa brothers back then. I've not heard anything to say they tried to sell the club outright to them though.

• Like 1