BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

10 minutes ago, WacoRover said:

Probably true 😅. But, couldn’t you say the same of either Manchester club?

Besides, even though my son got his Masters at Reading, he’s always been a Liverpool fan. 

Three years ago, I went to Anfield, the day before I did my tour of Ewood Park. It was impressive, but I’m a Rovers fan. 

I detest them but i have my reasons, many do but others love to love them for some reason. British media is Liverpool obsessed, probably because most support them.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

I can't quite comprehend why he's even being mentioned tbh.

Because Myers has probably told him that our owners are prone to making odd managerial appointments.

47 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Duncan Ferguson is appoint then it will be interesting to know the reasons why and why he wants the job here

Why would he appeal to our owners? Because he would come relatively cheap and probably agree to keeping on a number of current back room staff.

Why would he want the job? If, as has been reported, he wants a shot at management, we are at the highest realistic level where someone might give him the opportunity.

He’s not going to walk straight into a Premier league job, and will realise that.

Likes of Carav aren't coming here for a bag of washers and no budget if you want them you have to pay them and give them a bit to work with.

Really though we aren't serious about these types at all it is and always has been just window dressing.

• Like 5

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

For me, Carlos Carvalhal is trying to Waggott's hand here and make a quick decision. 

We will see in the coming days. 

So where have you heard that Season ticket sales are embarrassing then? 

Anything under 10k is embarrassing.

• Like 6

On 26/05/2022 at 17:01, Mercer said:

I think Carvalhal and Farke have now 'gone'.

Stuck sizeable money this afternoon on Duncan Ferguson and odds range from 6/1 to 10/1 and I think these will fall pretty quickly.

I wouldn't mind Ferguson at all - think he could galvanize both club and supporters and turn us into a Mark Hughes type team (hated by the opposition and their fans). 

More certain than ever about this tonight.

Make no mistake, Ferguson has got heavyweight backers.

55 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fresh-carlos-carvalhal-update-shared-after-links-with-blackburn-rovers-job/

guessing he'll be going to whoever offers the most money then. 

No self respecting manager(or player) goes to vile places like uae unless money and a flash lifestyle is their only interest. 

Andy_Garcia_at_the_2009_Deauville_American_Film_Festival-01A.jpg.7b05586bbd0978ddeb4c4ce5aeaeb8df.jpg

Edited by Torgeir

2 hours ago, martonrover said:

Because Myers has probably told him that our owners are prone to making odd managerial appointments.

Why would he appeal to our owners? Because he would come relatively cheap and probably agree to keeping on a number of current back room staff.

Why would he want the job? If, as has been reported, he wants a shot at management, we are at the highest realistic level where someone might give him the opportunity.

He’s not going to walk straight into a Premier league job, and will realise that.

Who says it Myers pushing Ferguson? 

I don't think he would be cheap or less demanding at all. He will want to be successful here so I think he want some money and be able to bring 2 or 3 of his own staff with him. 

We want someone who can get us promotion. Is Ferguson this guy? I'm not sure at all. 

2 hours ago, neophox said:

Why all this Carvalhal talk....Farke is a better choice.

Does Farke want the job here? Has he been interview by Waggott? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

If those in the Middle East want Carlos then it’ll come down to whether he wants to be paid a shed load to work in Sunday league or be paid 4 times less to have another crack in the Championship. Who knows, still feel like a name is going to come out of nowhere and end up taking the reigns. I can’t help but worry but I hope we get someone half decent in I really fucking do. Bed time for me now, to many shandys tonight. 

9 hours ago, Torgeir said:

Raya has always had distribution as one of his main attributes, an important one in the modern game. Kaminski is a lot more awkward with the ball at his feet but has a good throw and decent kick with the ball in his hands. He had at least one assist this season. Raya is short for a top level GK so his main strength will never be commanding the box. He does, and did, however intercept a lot of attacks with his awareness and pace. Kaminski also comes off his line quite a bit but is mainly a great shot stopper. Anyhow, I can’t judge Benson based on a few highlights off the tele - I thought it was wrong to sell Raya but he wanted out in order to take the next step - that could be down to Benson and it could be down to Mowbray who didn’t exactly reassure him and strengthen his confidence with his man-management towards the end. 

Raya, always had distribution?  Don't think so he was awful and Kaminski has for sure gone backwards in that regard.

If all those names mentioned, Dyche us the only one to get a team promoted and keep them in the Prem for a significant amount of time.  Not happening that one though, it will be a dolloper. 

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

More certain than ever about this tonight.

Make no mistake, Ferguson has got heavyweight backers.

Well surely after 12926273939 “tips” you’re gunna hit one eventually. Big Duncs BWA! 

Considering some of the names they’ve allegedly interviewed I wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if Duncan bloody Ferguson was the “outstanding” candidate. No experience as a manager and cheap. Fits the Venkys like a glove. 

I tell a lie he has got managerial experience 5 games at Everton 1 win. Fairly shit. I can defo see this one happening 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, USABlue said:

Raya, always had distribution?  Don't think so he was awful and Kaminski has for sure gone backwards in that regard.

Good throws and good with the ball at his feet. Sometimes over-eager to get the counter attack going but definitely has, and had, distribution. Found Armstrong on numerous occasions when they were both here. 

Five has become eight in Rovers’ search for a new manager.

An extended interview process has been held, with Rovers’ initial shortlist having expanded following late expressions of interest in the role.

There could yet be further interviews, should Rovers look to speak with in-work managers, given that approaches would need to be made to their respective clubs, while follow-ups with those already spoken to isn't to be ruled out.

So this means they are all out of work (no compo to pay) and rules Ainsworth out.