BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

From what I have seen, Venkys have never mentioned FFP and its rare that its brought up in the minutes at fans forums or even by the manager, the recent line has always been the owners struggling in India with the pandemic.

For some reason, those most keen to defend the owners have created an assumption that FFP is the only thing stopping the owners from investing more money. The pitch last season was an example of a crack in that fictional theory.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

If today's panic has any grounding, it shows how little ambition or intelligence there is at the club. No desire to better ourselves, no attempt to get the right people for the important jobs, and happy to save a few pennies but fork out £20m+ to keep a shit show going. 

There must be some serious money laundering or something like that going on. That's the only reason I can think of.

They just move money through the pipes and are happy to have Rovers as some kind of loss leader on the books. It's ragingly obvious and many own football clubs for the same reason.  More money than sense and comes in handy on the books, meanwhile some of them get to play around with it occasionally.

We are trapped in an eternal loop it's like something off Doctor Who.

They've made us almost totally dependent on their money and that allows them to do as they please when they can be arsed. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I'm not convinced that he's any more than a conduit tbh. Eyes and ears on the ground, former driver apparently.

If I'm wrong on that, I apologise.

If he has been a driver it's in the same as I was formerly a driver. I drove a van for a year after University before two careers ending up in a senior role. Before the Raos decided to buy Rovers he was running their business in South Africa.

17 minutes ago, 1874 said:

I think i've worked out the ideal candidate.

Cheap

Worked with the kids

No compensation

Damien Johnson

It would almost come as a relief by now if they named him at least things could get moving forwards. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, only2garners said:

If he has been a driver it's in the same as I was formerly a driver. I drove a van for a year after University before two careers ending up in a senior role. Before the Raos decided to buy Rovers he was running their business in South Africa.

That's a new one. Most previous claims have placed him being involved in their core business back in India.

So are you able to tell us exactly what he does here on a day to day basis? Because no-one else seems able to.

Edited by RevidgeBlue

Well, (clutching at straws) if Sharpe is to be believed we're down to a shortlist of 3 and if Sky Bet are to be believed there are currently only 3 serious contenders:

Ferguson, Ainsworth and Farke.

(Tin hat on)

IF that were true, (which I don't really believe it is) that wouldn't be a bad final shortlist imo.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

He wouldn’t want it. More likely DoF than a manager.

Sounds unlikely but that could possibly tie in with what unleaded said about the DOF having already been lined up but not announced for some reason and said DOF having no actual authority.

28 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

No manager appointed by the time the players come back, Lowe takes temporary charge, tells Pasha how good they're looking, gets the job full time......

It could happen 😢

Nothing would surprise me !!

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Sarcasm?

No not at all, he did a great job as a caretaker manager for Everton. He is relatively young at  50, and has that air of aggression about him. We could end up with another Sparky side that people don’t wanna play

Edited by adopted scouser
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, goozburger said:

Is this @glen9mullan's date? Can't see the announcement being made on Monday. It's widely reported that we have a second round of interviews next week. That would mean wrapping up all interviews, sending off the final verdict to India, getting a response, agreeing terms, and finalising club formalities on the first day next week. No chance.

If true, Farke having to have a second interview is a joke.

Coyle met with Balaji and that was that. Decent managers come along and they have to jump through hoops.

Having to work with the coaching team and not being allowed to bring their own staff in has got to be up there with Venkys most idiotic decisions. And I guarantee that whatever useless tosspot gets the job will be bringing in their own yes men anyway within 6 months.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

I didnt say that you had personally recommended those candidates, I was saying that you had named loads who you think might be on this supposed list to hedge your bets. Your list was full of dross who id hope we wouldnt touch with a ten foot barge pole, then again with seemingly a small budget and strict limits on staff, the list becomes small straight away. Also add other dross like Grayson, Adkins, Ferguson, Unsworth, Pardew, there are loads of shit options around.

Hedging what bets? 

What other options are there out there then if you think that list is dross given what we know is that we want a out of work head coach and someone who will work with some of the existing staff? 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Out of interest, aside from a bit of work in a totally different role working with the kids, how do you know that Johnson should stay yet the other 2 should go, how can you possibly be privy to their individual merits? Ultimately, any new manager should be allowed autonomy to decide which of the staff they want to keep and its a huge limiting factor not to allow it, but I dont get how you have individual opinions on our specific coaching staff members.

Johnson works with players one on one and shows them clips and replays on what they should have done in those specific situations. 

Do you not watch the work ups before games? Cos Lowe is bloody awful. 

You have to laugh or you would cry…..

We’ve gone from Farke, Benitez, Wenger and Carvahal…..to Ainsworth, Unsworth and Ferguson. We’re now on Benni Mac, Pardew and Lowe.

Still time for Judan Ali.

Oh Rovers.

Edited by Trinidad Rover
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

No not at all, he did a great job as a caretaker manager for Everton. He is relatively young at  50, and has that air of aggression about him. We could end up with another Sparky side that people don’t wanna play

Bit over the top with your first points but agree on the last one it's something i had thought might be a possible scenario.

Then comes the common sense thinking, no managerial experience other than standing in for a few games.  Sparky had managed at International level a while.  Doesn't know the championship nor the inside of this club, Sparky knew both although he took over in the Prem obviously.

Therefore it's just wishful thinking although in his favour he knows young players and he wouldn't take any nonsense.  Plus he has profile we'd be re-branded Duncan Fergusons Blackburn Rovers surely.

There might be worse gambles out there to take.

10 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

To be fair that’s a 20% win rate !

We’ll we’ve had managers in this reign of terror with win rates in the 20s (and below) previously, so that won’t put them off…

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, Gav said:

What would Jack and John Williams have done here?

First thing is they'd never use FFP as an excuse for appointing cr@p.

They'd have pulled out all the stops to bring in a manager and staff that can get this club back into the Premiership, no messing around with the old guard or taking a chance on unproven managers, they'd have gone for the right man to get this club promoted.

Season ticket deadlines extended beyond any appointment date to enable fans to support the new manager.

Jack or John Williams writes to fans through the local media, the new man will be backed, promotion is the target, funds to achieve this goal, town needs to get behind the club, lets put this football club back on the map, you get the drift.

Manger appointed and he too writes to the fans, rallying call to the troops, new shirt in the club shop, get behind us and we'll make great strides.

You don't need a marketing degree to understand whats required here, you just need drive and a desire to succeed, people that care and want the best for the club.

They saw all that briefly after League 1 promotion, they saw for the first time what this club/town is all about.

What did they do, collectively, settle in for a midtable championship slog to keep everybody in wages. Whacked up prices ensuring crowds didn't grow on the back of promotion.

Total failure to capitalize and move forwards and history is just repeating itself.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, adopted scouser said:

Insanity. 50 isn't that young, especially for his lack of management experience. Wasn't his caretaker record, in 5 games which is hardly anything to pass a verdict on anyway, something like 1 win, 3 draws and a defeat? That's not great, it's bog standard. He was listed alongside two managers with much much better resumes, and you pick him? Jesus.

I think it's got a lot more to do with your title than any rational thinking, but like I said to someone else (or maybe it was you) a few days back, if you want him then you deserve him. But the rest of us deserve better. We deserve a manager who has managed and has a track record worth getting excited about. Not someone with minimal experience and loads of aggression.

• Like 2