BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

Something doesn’t add up with Ferguson. 

I’m by no means an ITK, but I got a message back on the 16th April which suggested he was the name being whispered around the training ground. 

Then apparently his name hasn’t been on the shortlist and now all of a sudden his name is being thrown into the ring by 3rd parties. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, goozburger said:

According to Sharpe and Nixon, no - and not even an approach made to Ferguson. There was one contradiction to that from someone on here, which has also been refuted by someone on here.

For now, I've put Ferguson out of mind and out of sight. Nothing credible suggests he's anywhere close to getting the job.

If you read the article this morning posted by Sharpe he is again hedging his bets by saying there hasn't been an approach but in the coming days they may be. But then saying a week or so ago they wanted Championship experience was part of the criteria to appointing a new head coach. 

Some people have been backing Ferguson on the betting market, He is 1/3 this morning on Sky Bet and he has been the favourite and almost odds on for nearly a week. Something isn't right here cos people are betting on him for a reason. 

26 minutes ago, JHRover said:

This. I thought it was strange because it was unlike Sharpe to mention someone specific and it seemed to come from nowhere. I'm convinced he got the heads up from somewhere before mentioning Woodgate.

Good point and it wouldn't surprised if he one that has been interviewed by the club

1 hour ago, superniko said:

This was the tweet I was referencing…From when he actually left - 12th April.

Personally, I think the fans replies read pretty badly on him (apart from Tony Bellew who put something positive and got slated 😂)

Ah I see, thanks for that!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

Easier to name the ones not linked to the job  ..

Screenshot 2022-06-05 134313.jpg

Well Shakespeare is far enough out of the loop to be thought of as a serious candidate by the Chicken Chokers. It’s usually somebody who wasn’t previously in the betting.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Let me tell you how that rumour has started. 

‘Oh, looks like we’re getting Steve Walsh as a DoF,’

* Google Steve Walsh *

’Right, so he’s been at Chelsea, Leicester & Everton, sounds decent’

*Looks at Steve Walsh Wikipedia* 

‘Oh look he renewed his contract in 2016 at the same time as Craig Shakespeare’

*Creates Twitter Rumour* 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, rover23 said:

Let me tell you how that rumour has started. 

‘Oh, looks like we’re getting Steve Walsh as a DoF,’

* Google Steve Walsh *

’Right, so he’s been at Chelsea, Leicester & Everton, sounds decent’

*Looks at Steve Walsh Wikipedia* 

‘Oh look he renewed his contract in 2016 at the same time as Craig Shakespeare’

*Creates Twitter Rumour* 

Ahhhh...thats how our forum ITKers do it !!!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I could understand the Farke and Carvalhal betting because there were concrete stories of them being interviewed.

I can also understand Ferguson betting, but based on one unreliable source on here saying he's been interviewed (which I don't think he has if other more reliable sources are anything to go by), third parties pushing Ferguson's name to Rovers, Ferguson cutting an isolated figure in Lampard's dugout, and Unsworth leaving... I think punters are just putting two and two together and making five. There doesn't seem to be any credible source saying he's in with a good chance.

Don't forget, Simon Grayson was third favourite at one point with zero substance to support it.

I totally understand what you are saying and I agree to a point. 

We know that Carlo Ancelotti has pushed Ferguson for the job here by making a personal call himself to our CEO Waggott. Would Waggott listen to his opinion and go for Ferguson for at interview I don't know. Maybe a phone call was made but quick phone call but nothing more. I don't know anymore. I just hope they appoint someone to both roles this week 

3 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

I'm worried.

But I do think most managers linked will be an upgrade on Mowbray.

I have to agree my fellow Clitheronian. A manager with a bit of passion and tactical nouse could get this club bouncing.

• Like 4

Always remember Unsworth when he was caretaker manager for a while at Everton. Wore the suit, did every bit of press he could, talked up the owners and players while refusing to rule himself out for the permanent role even though he shouldn't have even been near the conversation. Unfortunately for him the performances and results were dogshit and he had zero support from the fans so was rightly binned off.

I also remember the suggestion his longevity at the club was down to his close relationship with Kenwright and nothing to do with any coaching talent. Also recall a Joey Barton tweet absolutely slating him in this regard as being 'up Kenwright's arse'.

Definitely one to avoid.

• Like 5

one frightening thought from me,pre venkys,if there was a mistake appointing the wrong manager.i.e paul ince,it was dealt with quickly,this current mob don`t have a clue about anything,if we get it wrong this time,can you see anyone deciding to sack the manager quickly before we get into serious trouble,look at the coyle reign🙁

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Giant said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson hot on twitter apparently. He’d do for me.

At this stage I’d be absolutely delighted with him. 

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, Giant said:

Jon Dahl Tomasson hot on twitter apparently. He’d do for me.

I've had him in mind as an outsider for a while, good pedigree as a youngish coach/manager and a quality player in his day,  seemingly good likeable charismatic ambitious bloke

If we're going to take a chance on someone I'd much rather take the chancr on a man like him than the likes of Unsworth, Ferguson, Woodshite

• Like 4

Tomasson seemingly did well at Malmo, but how much of a challenge is the Allsvenskan. Malmo always seem to be there or thereabouts with the likes of AIK around them.

• Like 2

• Backroom

What chance Waggott has been sly here and leaked 'A call with Ancelotti' to direct everyone towards Ferguson THEREFORE drawing focus away from an actual candidate they desperately want to keep hush hush so nobody jumps in (as has seeming happened with Carvalhal and Farke)?

I'm choosing (with no basis whatsoever) to believe they've pulled off a very good managerial signing.

Reckon our worst case scenario is Ainsworth.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Mike E said:

What chance Waggott has been sly here and leaked 'A call with Ancelotti' to direct everyone towards Ferguson THEREFORE drawing focus away from an actual candidate they desperately want to keep hush hush so nobody jumps in (as has seeming happened with Carvalhal and Farke)?

I'm choosing (with no basis whatsoever) to believe they've pulled off a very good managerial signing.

Reckon our worst case scenario is Ainsworth.

They’ll be planting a body in the local canal with contract documents for the Rovers job in his brief case soon Mike.

I can think of one or two candidates for the body.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 6