BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

No to Warne. Compared to Ainsworth I'd say he doesn't compare favourably. Hasn't kept Rotherham up with a better base than Wycombe have. Wycombe are doing well to be league 1. So Ainsworth of the two. Warne I'm not sold on. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not sure, Dyche would be ideal but under Venkys is obviously unrealistic as it seemed unfortunately that Wagner and Carvalhal were.

Dyche is unrealistic under any Rovers leadership. 

15 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Failing that, I would take Wagner, Jokanovic, Bilic but ultimately I dont have the knowledge of other leagues especially abroad but it might take a bit of creativity. Some of the names you mentioned are appalling, much worse than Mowbray. We shouldnt be only considering out of contract managers and Championship experience is meaningless, Coyle has loads more than Pep, only matters if it leads to success and in your list it hasnt.

Are all of 3 realistically salary wise? 

I think wanting Championship experience in our head coach is actually a good thing. One of the main reasons why I wanted Farke and Carvalhal cos of the championship experience and what it takes to reach the top 6 and in Farke's case promotion. 

25 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You didnt say if you would take any/all of them, you are speaking in riddles again and avoiding questions but I presume you think that all would be upgrades.

I think my point on this was clear and sensible so I will posted the comment "Xisco Munoz, Thomas Christiansen, Sabri Lamouchi would be upgrade on Mowbray in all fairness. Jokanovic will be interesting one. Cocu could be decent enough if we got the PSV one

• Like 2

If we are after Paul Warne(if these rumours are correct) then I wonder who else from Rotherham he would want to bring him apart from his Number 2 Richie Barker?

Maybe Ross Burbeary who has background in fitness and Stephen Gilpin his head Physiotherapy given that we have vacancies in those roles at club

8 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

If we really are chasing pound shop 3rd Division managers,

Please can nobody start talking crap about promotion.

Please can we not waste anymore time talking to these 4 walls about poor attendances and awful ST sales. They will have answered this question emphatically with the quality of their appointment.

Please can we not discuss and argue endlessly, if the new man is better or worse than Mowbray or Coyle or Bowyer. Mowbray was utter dog shit. We deserve and expect much better.

It's clear the way they do things promotion has never been the priority or even on the agenda.  Mowbray knew that that's why he kept waffling about journeys and changing his narrative when he felt like it.

The lack of backing, the lack of going for it on the pitch or recruiting a striker, the lane efforts with season tickets.  Nobody down there on the non playing staff is really bothered.  

Just play around with it and lose money in the books.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

I’ve listened to Mowbray often, in my opinion, talk absolute shite which has infuriated me to the point I couldn’t enjoy watching Rovers. It’s quite nice to hear someone talk sense about football and respectfully about their club. 

That would change when he or indeed any manager was interviewed following a loss, whoever the manager is it would start to grate.

I dont get the fixation. You couldnt enjoy watching Rovers specifically because of post match soundbites you have read having seeked them out, rather than the defeat itself? 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Dyche is unrealistic under any Rovers leadership. 

Are all of 3 realistically salary wise? 

I think wanting Championship experience in our head coach is actually a good thing. One of the main reasons why I wanted Farke and Carvalhal cos of the championship experience and what it takes to reach the top 6 and in Farke's case promotion. 

I think my point on this was clear and sensible so I will posted the comment "Xisco Munoz, Thomas Christiansen, Sabri Lamouchi would be upgrade on Mowbray in all fairness. Jokanovic will be interesting one. Cocu could be decent enough if we got the PSV one

Its an unnecessary limitation especially when many named have had bad experiences. It also assumes that Championship is special and different. Take Cocu, only one poor spell at Derby in the Championship, surely him having that spell on his CV is a bad thing, not good because its "Championship experience."

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The noises I've been hearing were that we'd be looking to speak to people who were in work this week so there might be something in it.

What would people's thoughts be on this?

Never heard of this warne bloke until now. 

That's not a judgement though! 

But nothing about him impresses or even intrigues me. 

No bloody thanks and its pretty sad that so many now seem willing to accept names like him,  YOU MIGHT WONDER IF THAT IS/WAS THE WHOLE REASON FOR THIS DRAWN OUT BS PROCESS TO BEGIN WITH. (sorry for shouting!) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 3

If Warne comes in, prepare for a relegation battle and League 1 football again some time soon, in my view.

An appointment that would be a sign of how far this club has fallen. Warne would be over the moon to be linked with this football club and that's precisely what those cheap, gutless morons in Pune are looking for in a manager.

What makes any of these L1 managers good enough for Rovers? It's a bloody disgrace what these cheap bastards have reduced this club and the fan base to.

Billionaires my arse. I want to know what's really going on here, because appointing Warne or similar, when there are very good managers available, does not and will not, ever add up.

You don't pass by on Farke and Carvalhal and appoint somebody like Warne unless your agenda is something else. Promotion is not it.

Edited by SuperBrfc
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If we are after Paul Warne(if these rumours are correct) then I wonder who else from Rotherham he would want to bring him apart from his Number 2 Richie Barker?

Maybe Ross Burbeary who has background in fitness and Stephen Gilpin his head Physiotherapy given that we have vacancies in those roles at club

At this stage it seems you'll literally talk yourself into accepting anybody 😞

(see the shouty part of my last post) 

Edited by Armchair supporter supremo
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

serial promotion manager as well,same as ainsworth,he works on absolute pennies at rotherham and has done a great job there

So when he comes to work for pennies at Rovers we can expect the same results.

WE SHOULD NOT BE ASPIRING TO BE OR COMPARING OURSELVES TO FUCKING ROTHERHAM....EVER.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Its an unnecessary limitation especially when many named have had bad experiences. It also assumes that Championship is special and different. Take Cocu, only one poor spell at Derby in the Championship, surely him having that spell on his CV is a bad thing, not good because its "Championship experience."

so you accept that your previous point was wrong when I was clear who I consider an upgrade on Mowbray?

well our opinions on the championship experience point are different so we have to agree to disagree. 

Cocu in his first season finish 9th and we finish below them. His second season didn't do well but Derby financial problems started then. He did bring through several quality young players which is something we need our head coach appointment to do going forward. He not the best choice but he isn't the worst choice

1 minute ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

So when he comes to work for pennies at Rovers we can expect the same results.

WE SHOULD NOT BE ASPIRING TO BE OR COMPARING OURSELVES TO FUCKING ROTHERHAM....EVER.

hang on,mowbray certainly did`nt work with a zero budget,he was backed very well,i said warne worked well under extreme constraints,with backing that mowbray received i think he`ll do more than ok,in fact i can think of a lot of managers who`d have got us in the play offs and possibly promoted with the sort of cash mowbray received

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

On a more ambitious note, anyone else seen this? 

Screenshot_20220606-212245_WhatsApp.jpg

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

At least he would strenghten us 🙂

More chance he'll strengthen the chance of the tabloid headline of "It's all Rover for Gareth Fail" after six winless games. 

Haha, they are taking another gamble on the cheap. Who would have thought it?

If it is Warne I wish him all the best and he'll get my support. It could have been much worse with some of the dross out of work and Venkys form of employing from the managerial scrapheap. At least he's had some success in a lower league.

But ffs, we were interviewing Farke and Carvalhal a couple of weeks ago.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

so you accept that your previous point was wrong when I was clear who I consider an upgrade on Mowbray?

well our opinions on the championship experience point are different so we have to agree to disagree. 

Cocu in his first season finish 9th and we finish below them. His second season didn't do well but Derby financial problems started then. He did bring through several quality young players which is something we need our head coach appointment to do going forward. He not the best choice but he isn't the worst choice

There is a difference between merely having Championship experience and having done good jobs or having a good record at that level.

The focus of the new manager should be purely to win football matches.