BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I may be proving your point here I admit, but it certainly can be worse than our 8th place finish. In fact the majority of seasons since Venkys have taken over have been worse. I didn't rate Mowbray but we have had worse managerial outcomes in that time too. Like you say though, fingers crossed we get it right this time.

It least we seem 'stable ' now , with a lot of younger players looking to break through with some potential. Previously it was mainly older journey men, on high wages,  no potential 

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

Not a chance Pardew could have turned the club around from where we were, when TM took over.

Not just on the pitch, but the whole club.

We didn't even have scouts and the whole place was in turmoil - we were heading for MUCH worse than League 1.

Gary Bowyer did similar and i'm sure Pardew would have been quite capable of doing what Mowbray did.

He would have seen a club like us as beneath him though and probably still does, thankfully.

6 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

big duncan has passion,he might need some tactical help but motivation,fire and man management are 90% of the job,everton fans love him,i might be getting carried away but after seeing mowbray basically sleepwalk through matches im`e in dire need of a manager who prowls the touchline encouraging the players and giving them instructions

Ainsworth ?

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

big duncan has passion,he might need some tactical help but motivation,fire and man management are 90% of the job,everton fans love him,i might be getting carried away but after seeing mowbray basically sleepwalk through matches im`e in dire need of a manager who prowls the touchline encouraging the players and giving them instructions

They are not 90% of the job, or managers would all be ex-boxers, soldiers, personal trainers etc instead of ex footballers. You think team selection, player recruitment and tactics combined are just 10% of the job? Passion doesn't always translate into good man management anyway. A fiery character like Ferguson will work well with some players but will alienate and disenchant others. Souness was the best fiery manager we've had in my time, a man who planted a Galatasaray flag at Fenerbache's stadium, and things went stale even for him in the end, and he tanked at Newcastle. Players are a different breed to those days, you can't just shout at them and expect results anymore. Not that it was ever just that simple for the likes of Souey either.

If touchline performance is what you're worried about, which I think only has a small impact on the pitch, pretty much any manager will perform better in that regard than Mowbray, so don't worry.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

all over the net,like all the rumours about our new boss,it could be true or just rubbish

Looks like they are just reporting on the team talk story... be great if true.. but we know with rovers that never happens 

5 minutes ago, slowmo said:

It least we seem 'stable ' now , with a lot of younger players looking to break through with some potential. Previously it was mainly older journey men, on high wages,  no potential 

There is a good, promising core, but I can't describe us as stable. It feels very similar to the start of the summer where we went on to get relegated. Too many players need replacing, because they're gone rather than because they're old though. We have no manager, assistant manager, fitness coach, and preseason starts next week. The manager search has shambolically dragged on for what, 6 weeks or something now? Even though we've known for ages what was happening. Our budget is very likely to be shite. Our best player will probably leave, which will bring in some needed funds, but I'd put money on it not happening until late in the window. Our idiot CEO has inevitably reduced attendances next season with his pricing too.

None of this says stable to me. Obviously I'm hoping for a talented new manager who can sort out the staff and player shortages cleverly, a healthy budget with the awareness we need to set ourselves up for the next few years, and either an early, healthy sale or new contract when it comes to BBD. Based on the past and present though, I'm struggling to believe any of that will happen. But the core of the squad is there if we make those moves, to succeed, yes.

• Like 1

The one hope to cling to here is the DoF situation, nobody threw his name up as i recall and other names were being banded about by media knownowts.

Then they pulled what appears a solid appointment out of left field so no surprise if that happens with the new head coach.  Not that i'm expecting anything other than dismay but it might not be as bad as it's looking right now.

Pray. 

The search goes on and on, I bet no one will be here when pre-season starts. Can't profess to be an expert on Deila but we can't afford to wait and wait and Celtic fans dont seem to be big fans.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Couldn't agree more.

Subsequent to Venus's departure I was told not even he could stand Lowe. What sort of recipe is that for a harmonious camp and dressing room?

Surely you need everyone pulling in the same direction if you're to stand a chance and I think we saw that in the second half of the season albeit the main culprit was Mowbray and his preference for playing Bradley Johnson as a false 9 rather than sign a back up striker.

His preference ie one game he (stupidly) did it, fixed it at half time and we won the game?

Just catching up on the days news, or lack of it. Whys Pardew being mentioned? Are people just being dicks or is there more to it?

I have a feeling its going to be Deila, which isn't ideal but I'd give him a go.

I'm surprised he's only 46, he must therefore have been managing in his early 30's I guess in Norway. 38 when he took over at Celtic? He's gained a fair bit of experience since then, debatable whether it's the right experience mind 🙁

10 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What's the obsession with keeping Benson and Lowe?

Do we evaluate on performance at the club?

High performing teams doesn't spring to mind.

Beat me to it. They’re not going to be on millions. So why on earth don’t we just pot them if, quite rightly, it’s a sticking point with decent managers.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Beat me to it. They’re not going to be on millions. So why on earth don’t we just pot them if it’s, quite rightly, a sticking point with decent managers.

Because we are owned by Venkys  🤪

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

What's the obsession with keeping Benson and Lowe?

Do we evaluate on performance at the club?

High performing teams doesn't spring to mind.

Benson must be the least important piece of the jigsaw, yet so many on here keep harping on how he lacks ability based on thin hair. And how he looks? C'mon @unleaded...

9 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Just catching up on the days news, or lack of it. Whys Pardew being mentioned? Are people just being dicks or is there more to it?

I have a feeling its going to be Deila, which isn't ideal but I'd give him a go.

I'm surprised he's only 46, he must therefore have been managing in his early 30's I guess in Norway. 38 when he took over at Celtic? He's gained a fair bit of experience since then, debatable whether it's the right experience mind 🙁

No, it’s just some posters dont appreciate the general positivity over the last 24 hours with the arrival of Gregg Broughton. Now it’s back to “ it’s going to be Pardew” or any other no mark you care to mention that fits the agenda

Edited by Tugayisgod
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

His preference ie one game he (stupidly) did it, fixed it at half time and we won the game?

Players revolted and fixed it for him you mean.

After that the relationship between everyone had gone. How did we fare after that game again?

• Like 4

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Players revolted and fixed it for him you mean.

After that the relationship between everyone had gone. How did we fare after that game again?

If you believe the conspiracies. That was well into the second half of the season and amidst the poor form, not the catalyst.

2 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

No, it’s just some posters dont appreciate the general positivity over the last 24 hours with the arrival of Gregg Broughton. Now it’s back to “ it’s going to be Pardew” or any other no mark you care to mention that fits the agenda

What is there to be positive about about the appointment of a former Academy Director no-one had ever previously heard of?

He might turn out to be a success, might not, but has no previous experience as a DOF and I really don't understand this assumption he's going to transform our fortunes.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, @roverseas said:

Kept quite until now.  Check out Alan Pardew's last three clubs win percent.  Surely not in the reckoning?!?!?

chrome_L8LePPQhhM.png

I really really hope not.

Just about the only name mentioned so far that would save me £430.

I would probably put Adkins in that bracket too.

27 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

There is a good, promising core, but I can't describe us as stable. It feels very similar to the start of the summer where we went on to get relegated. Too many players need replacing, because they're gone rather than because they're old though. We have no manager, assistant manager, fitness coach, and preseason starts next week. The manager search has shambolically dragged on for what, 6 weeks or something now? Even though we've known for ages what was happening. Our budget is very likely to be shite. Our best player will probably leave, which will bring in some needed funds, but I'd put money on it not happening until late in the window. Our idiot CEO has inevitably reduced attendances next season with his pricing too.

None of this says stable to me. Obviously I'm hoping for a talented new manager who can sort out the staff and player shortages cleverly, a healthy budget with the awareness we need to set ourselves up for the next few years, and either an early, healthy sale or new contract when it comes to BBD. Based on the past and present though, I'm struggling to believe any of that will happen. But the core of the squad is there if we make those moves, to succeed, yes.

Sure it's a mess as usual and we should have the manager situation sorted  knowing TM was going months ago. Though shit happens,  like when Sven G E was lined up . Last year at this point I struck money on relegation, then pre 🎄 promotion 🤣. I'm just generally saying ( not to you personally) not to be too depressive and hopefully something positive will transpire. Else what's the point in it all.

2 minutes ago, @roverseas said:

Kept quite until now.  Check out Alan Pardew's last three clubs win percent.  Surely not in the reckoning?!?!?

chrome_L8LePPQhhM.png

2 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

What is there to be positive about about the appointment of a former Academy Director no-one had ever previously heard of?

He might turn out to be a success, might not, but has no previous experience as a DOF and I really don't understand this assumption he's going to transform our fortunes.

Nobody does but his appointment was met to a large extent favourably yesterday on here and that takes some doing ! 
Why people insist on bringing up names that in all honesty are never going to get the job is beyond me, Broughton appointment does seem to indicate a change in thinking from those in charge. I just hope the new man fits the bill