BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Which utterly brilliant manager will we be delighted to welcome next?

7 hours ago, windymiller7 said:

Isn't it funny how you can interpret things in a different way? If I know Phil ( @tomphil) , judging by the time of the post, he's just come in from the pub (as have I), gone for a poo & is catching up on things in the process (as am I).

Now, I read @Miller11 's post as being that that was what the marketing guy has been told by those more senior to him.

However, reading it back again, if you're in a senior position,  it's YOUR FUCKING JOB to find a USP of whatever you're selling. 

Look at this turd. No, not your ordinary turd, just smell the unique aroma, feel the exquisite texture.....you get my drift!

So, on that note, if it's from above, it's shocking & needs rectifying immediately. We are Blackburn Rovers!!! Even if you've no affilliation to us, a quick Google search will give u all the info you need.

If it's his opinion? WTF are u doing in marketing? Meet me at a pub, time & place of your choice & I'll teach u more about marketing in 2 mins that you've ever known, -  & I'm an Engineer!! Not even fit to take down the stalls on Chorley Cattle Market. Get a job doing something else! Anything!

I wish mate !   Took an evening off stressing about Rovers to watch the boxing but stuck to coffee ( 1 can of Punk IPA doesn't count )

Coming on here before bed isn't a good recipe for sleep though once you read about some of the goons down there. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

The first words from the new messiah, Gregg Broughton, told us everything.

"It is my job to implement the vision of the owners".

That is it. The role. The exact same applies to Steve Waggott.

Us fans can comment all day long about what we think they should be doing but it means jack shit. They will be doing exactly what is expected of them and that (unfortunately) is entirely different from what we (fans) expect for our club WHICH WE LOVE.

There is only one way it can possibly end.

Venky's Out.

Nobody ever tells us what this vision is though do they?!!!

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Herbie6590 said:

He used to work at Hull interestingly…

7431B255-055C-4D98-9D27-8551F21795BC.png

I was aware of that Ian and made reference to that in my conversation with Waggott saying it looks like he doesn't want Hull to get in trouble as a previous employee by telling me to move on. Interestingly the patronising email he sent was on January 11th and he ignored two subsequent emails I sent to him. I then contacted Waggott direct on January 21st and he called me back the same day. I was sent an email on May 9th by Christina Haines with the final EFL response regarding the matter. This was almost four months after Fielder said Whilst this has been a frustrating sequence of events for all – including the club as we have missed out on vital TV revenue – we have resigned ourselves to the fact there is very little we can do but to move on and now look forward to playing the game on Wednesday 19th January.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gav said:

As soon as you come to terms with that fact, Venkys are not here to move the club forward, they're not here to make this club great again, they're here only to save face in the business community in India, nothing else matters to them.

Waggott has no remit other than to manage a budget, he's not interested in moving the club forward either or growing the fanbase like John Williams was, he's here to manage his budget only, because he knows Venkys will pump £30m in every year to pay the bills, no pressure, just keep the lights on.

Taking all this into consideration you start to understand why we're now shopping in the bargain basement for a new manager, the better options have seen through us and we are now looking for a cheap option that can keep our heads above water, everyone just wants a quiet life, pick up the wages, its just a job to these people and things will never change until the owners sod off.

As I've been saying for years now, give me administration today to get rid of these people, then the club can start the healing process, until that day comes we'll remain in a permanent state of purgatory. 

It’s not fact, just your opinion.

29 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So his own weak parenting in letting his son support Arsenal because of bloody YouTube has led him to the conclusion that no kids want to watch football? And he’s head of commercial?!

Heartbreaking to see the club of Jack and John Williams descend into this utter shambles.

My son and daughter grew up in Bolton and my grandson is growing up in Preston. All are Rovers fans. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Mattyblue said:

Proper parenting 💪

My son got married on Friday and I was his best man. I told a story about the day I realized he had first fallen in love. He was aged 7 and had been going to Ewood for 3 years. His first love was not a girl it was BRFC.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

In summary, everything he has touched since he's been at the Club has been a disaster. But it's OK it seems because it appears he's extremely attentive and wants to help. (But never does.)

Or he does want to help but it ultimately needs signing off by the loons in Pune and he's completely pissing in the wind? If that is the process and he's totally powerless then you'd expect him to resign, strongly suspect his massive salary sways that decision though!

39 minutes ago, 47er said:

Nobody ever tells us what this vision is though do they?!!!

He said in the same interview, on several occasions that they want us to be a “self sustainable Premier League club” (The vision). He also referred to us needing to “overachieve” which I agree with based on our income generation and available budget inline with ffp.

The plan seems plausible based on Broughton’s interview. The big question is will he have the autonomy and power to execute it?

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Mike E said:

I was in the same meeting and I can assure you it was the guy's own opinion, having only been appointed last year. He was insistent that kids don't want to be at Ewood because 'I'm a Hull fan and my lad supports Arsenal because someone he watches on YouTube supports Arsenal'.

With his many MANY (as he was so keen to harp on about) 'football marketing qualifications' he assured us he was right.

I assured him that that not one single senior figure before him had any such qualifications and they ALL understood football fans and the town of Blackburn better than him.

Was this chap an employee of BRFC? 

If I'd been the club owner or MoD I'd have sacked him on the spot

Everyone who works at Ewood has to be a fan. 

Edited by jim mk2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

He said in the same interview, on several occasions that they want us to be a “self sustainable Premier League club” (The vision).

We’ve been hearing that exact line from a boatload of folk since 2012 and we are as far away as ever.

It’s just platitudes and I’m not sure why anybody would take any notice either way, he’s not exactly going to say ‘yeah we just plan to carry on bobbing about in Championship mid table’.

But now the standard boilerplate statement’s out the way, he can now just get on with the job and let results speak for themselves.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, lraC said:

I spoke to a good friend earlier this week, about a business matter. He is someone I have known for years, but we haven’t spoken for a while. He is literally football mad and Rovers mad. He has two sons, who are almost adults now and both have been brought up asRovers  fans and followed the team, all over the country.

After we had discussed the business matter, the topic of conversation turned to Rovers. He told me that not only does him and he two sons no longer buy season tickets, they don’t hardly go any more. He went on to tell me that it was directly down to Waggot E Mailing him an abusive reply to a question he had about some small matter that he had an issue with.

If Waggot is doing that to a supporter of such ilk, it makes me shudder to think how much other damage he has done.

This specifically needs to be pointed out to either Waggot himself or anyone above him, as it is wrecking ball stuff. 

This one post probably represents the real nature of Waggott and how he operates rather than the long eulogy offered earlier. 

• Like 3