BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

9 hours ago, Tom said:

I know other clubs do it but what’s the actual justification for the Waggott Tax additional £30?

Is it purely a ‘not loyal enough’ punishment?

Tell you what would be interesting…. To see the pattern of sales from previous years.  Let’s say, in the last 3 years we’ve seen a considerable spike in sales once fixtures are announced, or once the transfer window re-opens.  Before then you get the die hards who’d still be there at five to three even if Rovers folded. 

So, come out with this loyalty claptrap, making our already ludicrously high prices seem a tad more reasonable or at least have that defence of… well, the loyalty scheme was place.  Then when the bulk of the tickets are bought, bobs your uncle, £30 higher for the majority of this unwashed, disloyal rabble we call the fanbase. 

• Like 2

Indeed. It makes absolutely no sense, surely every business wants to grow, so why on Earth would a company with a declining customer base, a base that is now at its lowest for decades, look to financially penalise all potential new or returning customers? 

Business plan of the mad house.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wheelton Blue said:

In what other industry do new customers pay a penalty over existing customers?

Think mobile, utility providers etc....they all offer incentives/deals to attract new customers.

I think I've read something, though, that this practice is to be prohibited.

it was stopped by the  insurance company's

as of January this year Car and home insurance customers should pay no more when renewing their policy than they would if they were taking out a new one with the same firm, under radical new proposals from the financial regulator.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, damo100 said:

Out if interest, does anyone know how many we've shifted?

Swaggot is a disgrace, has been throughout his tenure.

Officially, I would expect sales to still be "on course". Until after the deadline when people will be able to see how many seats are available.

11 hours ago, Wiggy said:

I’ve had a season ticket for decades but haven’t renewed as yet. I have a number of friends and family who are in the same boat. We all know that the club has tested the patience of its  supporters this past 12 years but this feels like a watershed moment to me. There are fans that I never dreamed would give up on it all that are on the verge of doing so.

How  have we ended up with a CEO with so little  business acumen or feel for Blackburn Rovers? ( walking through the lounges on your way to the car park saying “ thank you for your support “ is not enough! Jack Walker would have seen through this chancer in two minutes.)

The ludicrous season ticket pricing, marketing and farcical manager search will, I suspect, have lost 1,000s of fans.

I wouldn’t be surprised if PNE, Burnley, Blackpool and Bolton Wanderers have all sold twice as many tickets as Rovers.

There’s no accountability at this football club. 

That's the absolute crux of the matter  - No Accountability

It suits so many down there to just pass the buck or shrug their shoulders and that will never change under this model.  Everyone just assumes it's the owners fault, mostly it is but those employed willingly hide behind it.

The local media are an absolute joke also as they hold power to try and bring people to account but they never do. They just say oh we've asked and they've not got back to us then they shrug their shoulders.  And everyone assumes again it's the owners fault but never call them out either.

2 hours ago, damo100 said:

Out if interest, does anyone know how many we've shifted?

Swaggot is a disgrace, has been throughout his tenure.

Somebody said on another fan site said that shop and ticket office was busy yesterday 

I think most people will either ring up or order online. Save the hassle of driving there and time

Edited by chaddyrovers

27 minutes ago, goozburger said:

I hope they're not dropping a hint by mentioning Dunny. If he's appointed as Head Coach, that won't go down well.

I desperately hope he is never involved in our club again. Despite his God awful record I can't ever forgive or forget his 'get real' comments when having a go at us whilst backing Kean. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

This marketing strategy is a disgrace. Buy a ST or you ain't a fan. And making a fuss about Dunny better not be a 5 minute warning.

Screenshot_20220611-093827_Twitter.jpg

Two off our own have sacked loyalty off and left for nothing. Probably should of thought abit more about this marketing campaign

• Like 1

BIt the bullet and renewed ahead of the initial deadline about 13.30 today. Was originally going to wait and make sure we didn't make a Pardew style appointment but a fool and their money are easily parted eh?

Was expecting there to be a sizeable queue but we were the only people in the shop which I thought was a very bad sign given it was deadline day and the shop was only open until 3p.m.

I asked a lad in the ticket office who's been there a long time how sales had been going and he attempted to put a brave face on it by saying he wasn't told numbers but he "thought" levels were roughly the same as at the comparable stage last year.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

BIt the bullet and renewed ahead of the initial deadline about 13.30 today. Was originally going to wait and make sure we didn't make a Pardew style appointment but a fool and their money are easily parted eh?

Was expecting there to be a sizeable queue but we were the only people in the shop which I thought was a very bad sign given it was deadline day and the shop was only open until 3p.m.

I asked a lad in the ticket office who's been there a long time how sales had been going and he attempted to put a brave face on it by saying he wasn't told numbers but he "thought" levels were roughly the same as at the comparable stage last year.

Difference being, last year folk weren’t then charged an extra premium post mid June so sales would’ve carried on steadily to KO.

This year I imagine they will now dry up to a trickle.

Assuming that number are as low as is though, then we should expect another series of half-arsed 'offers' throughout the season.

Only this time, it's unlikely that we'll be anywhere near the league position we found ourselves in last Christmas. 

Edited by Wheelton Blue

30 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Last season they went on sale 18th June.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19382231.blackburn-rovers-season-ticket-details-2021-22-season/

At a comparable stage (after a month) the sales were 3001

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19455550.blackburn-rovers-reveal-first-month-season-ticket-sales-figure/

Maybe they better start hiring a proven top class manager and bringing in some marquee signings.

Edited by OldEwoodBlue

Well after today we’ll be able to get a decent barometer on how sales are going when we look on the stadium map. After today, those who haven’t renewed will lose their seat and they’ll open up on the stadium map on the website. I don’t think it’ll make for great viewing. Especially as Preston are over 12k.

So Preston North End have (probably) sold at least double the STs of Blackburn Rovers, imagine ever saying that.

And a certain poster actually has the gall to call us all ‘clueless’ with a straight face, as the evidence of the enormous hole the club is in commercially is there for all to see…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

So Preston North End have (probably) sold at least double the STs of Blackburn Rovers, imagine ever saying that.

And a certain poster actually has the gall to call us all ‘clueless’ with a straight face, as the evidence of the enormous hole the club is in commercially is there for all to see…

The amount of season tickets any other club has sold, will have no bearing what-so-ever, on whether or not I get a Rovers season ticket. Preston have sold the amount they have, because their fans want to be certain of a ticket, when we play them.

Edited by rigger