BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Season tickets 2022/23

The fans just like promotion has never been much of a consideration under this ownership. Helped it seems by some of the people they employ knowing they get paid the same whatever. So expectation, costs and hassle are easier to manage the less turn up and similar low income can be maintained by constant price rises to cover it.

It's a controlled orchestrated gradual downgrade that's easier to implement than gradual sustained growth.  That gradual sustained growth should have started after league 1 promotion on the back of a 3-5 year plan.  Instead we are fast resembling a league 1 club in the Championship off the pitch.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Apart from the freebies they are shipping in more and more from the local schools...they expect the loyal fans to subsidise it all...🙈

And the likes of Waggott will have a freebie too who is ironic when you consider how much we pay and the relative salaries of the vast majority and him. He will get comps for away games too.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tomphil said:

The fans just like promotion has never been much of a consideration under this ownership. Helped it seems by some of the people they employ knowing they get paid the same whatever. So expectation, costs and hassle are easier to manage the less turn up and similar low income can be maintained by constant price rises to cover it.

It's a controlled orchestrated gradual downgrade that's easier to implement than gradual sustained growth.  That gradual sustained growth should have started after league 1 promotion on the back of a 3-5 year plan.  Instead we are fast resembling a league 1 club in the Championship off the pitch.

Exactly, it's a deliberate tactic to erode the fanbase.

Looks like the manager will be in early this week (famous last words!), so any club with half a brain cell would be reinstating the original offer also to try and tap in to at least a little momentum… alas that half a cell isn’t to be found at Ewood.

• Like 2

• Backroom
2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Looks like the manager will be in early this week (famous last words!), so any club with half a brain cell would be reinstating the original offer also to try and tap in to at least a little momentum… alas that half a cell isn’t to be found at Ewood.

Now that would be a smart move, however it’s probably more likely they see this as a way to sell more at the inflated prices 

As soon as Rovers get round to making any announcement of their stand out manager candidate, I shall then ring the ticket office and offer to pay them by £399 to renew my season ticket for 2022/23.

Entirely up to them if they wish to accept this or not, however I will not be renewing at the price of £429.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Boz said:

As soon as Rovers get round to making any announcement of their stand out manager candidate, I shall then ring the ticket office and offer to pay them by £399 to renew my season ticket for 2022/23.

Entirely up to them if they wish to accept this or not, however I will not be renewing at the price of £429.

Good tactic, spread the word.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

C5D2D7A8-85B9-468D-A365-2DBB889CFAA1.png

5A05CBFB-0FBB-43CA-AC0D-61650BB71F80.png

3897CE97-150F-4979-B86A-358936D0D5BA.jpeg

Horrendous, but not surprising.

A result of the lack of imagination, the lack of grasp on current day reality, and also the lack of understanding of Blackburn Rovers and its supporters/demographic by those overseeing the day to day ‘running’ of the club.

Steve Waggott and co - well done.

This club is in a deep, deep hole, and a promotion out of nowhere aside, with these uninterested owners and the clueless stooges they employ to run it, I’ve no idea how we are ever going to recover to anything close to where we were in the Bowyer era, nevermind anything else.

Heartbreaking.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Boz said:

£299 would be more like it.

I’ve been a season ticket holder for over 30 years & genuinely contemplating not renewing this time out. I’m utterly fuming with the season ticket prices. I honestly believe Waggott & co don’t care a single iota for the loyal local ‘mug’ who forks out every year for season tickets. He seems to bend over backwards for everyone else but your loyal season ticket holder! 
Local community buses, flashy international flexi ticket etc but let’s completely rip off the loyal season ticket holder. It’s also noted that club cash has decreased a lot in his tenure!

Waggot must be on another planet if he thinks he can charge £120-150 more than a similar club 10 miles to the west. Or for that matter more expensive than every other club in this area and even same price as Man City!

If he has the humility & foresight to accept he’s got it wrong, reduce prices to £300, then I will renew immediately. As I suspect an extra circa 5,000 would do, resulting in greater income in any event! 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, J*B said:

C5D2D7A8-85B9-468D-A365-2DBB889CFAA1.png

5A05CBFB-0FBB-43CA-AC0D-61650BB71F80.png

3897CE97-150F-4979-B86A-358936D0D5BA.jpeg

I expected things to be bad, but that has completely floored me. The sales campaign deserves it, the owners deserve it but my lord the former good name of Blackburn Rovers Football Club doesn't. FUCK YOU VENKYS!!!

The Club has tried to take plenty of credit for the various 'community' and other awards that it has picked up in recent years.

So it has to accept criticism for what amounts to dangerously low season ticket sales.

All the efforts at engaging with children and the community utterly futile if you are losing thousands of season ticket holders every year.

Waggott has to go. He is CEO and his decisions have obliterated our bread and butter season ticket base. A U turn might recover some lost ground but still nowhere near enough, and a U turn would merely confirm that he has made a complete pigs ear of things. Time to go Waggott.

The Club is dying - a direct result of negligent unfit owners employing substandard administrators and letting them run riot for years on end. Bolton, Derby, Wigan, Blackpool might have had financial chaos and administration but that was a short sharp shock followed by healing and rebuilding. We are now into year 13 of this and the direction continues downwards.

For once I am seeing some common ground online - almost everyone seems to accept the Club is at fault here and the prices are ridiculous.

• Like 5

• Backroom

I just need to know who the hero is going to be counting the dots!

And if you condensed everyone from the riverside would they fill the end two blocks?

Just having a quick look and 439 divided by 23 works out at 19 a game. How much are tickets generally? Surely no more than 25. And as low as 15? With all the offers they put on 3 games for 99 and cheaper tickets if we do well again. Is it really worth paying or picking and choosing which games to attend? If you miss one game for whatever reason surely you'll be no better off.

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

I just need to know who the hero is going to be counting the dots!

And if you condensed everyone from the riverside would they fill the end two blocks?

Shall we split it? 🤣