BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

55 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Sam feck8n Allardyce jeezus, if people are going to reminisce then why not at least think of the good pre-venky times! 

Sam was more or less pre Venkies. You couldn’t accuse the club of being un-professional then irrespective of what you thought of the football.

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I'm already tired of all the schmoozing  however refreshing it's been... 

Time to get down to business from Monday

I'm not tired of it as such. But its time for the media team to let him get on with the job now. They've followed him around very closely for 3 days this week. They'll get some footage of the first training session in Monday. But then they need to back off and let him get on with the job. The media team have helped in creating a buzz. Big tick from me for them. Similar to what you're saying though. If they over saturate it, it will destroy the good work they've done

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

See Blackpool fans are not too enamoured with Appleton as new manager 😀

Apparently Rosenoir turned them down cos he had to work with existing staff. Where’ve I heard that recently?

Heard that is the least of their worries and that they may be facing an embargo due to some dodgy dealing.

27 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Watching those clips had me wondering who Broughton reminded me of. I've got it now.

Your mission, Agent 47: Infiltrate the Football Club, take out the rogue agents and win PROMOTION.

06_hitman.jpg.00cd4b13374b7b03eb4714a4ff7f23d5.jpg

Don't mention fecking agents.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sam was more or less pre Venkies. You couldn’t accuse the club of being un-professional then irrespective of what you thought of the football.

Yeh! I meant/said think of the good times before Venkys ie. The Hughes, Souness and Dalglish years (from my lifetime)

The Allardyce years where completely forgettable in comparison to them (though yes obviously the Allardyce years where good in comparison to anything post venky takeover so far... ) 

1 hour ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Yeh! I meant/said think of the good times before Venkys ie. The Hughes, Souness and Dalglish years (from my lifetime)

The Allardyce years where completely forgettable in comparison to them (though yes obviously the Allardyce years where good in comparison to anything post venky takeover so far... ) 

We were all sick of Big Sam at the time but seeing what followed made him look like Pep Guardiola or something. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

I hated watching big Sam's team.  Awful stuff.

There were plenty of games where we won, but folk were coming out of Ewood deflated, almost as if we'd lost, under Allardyce. I guess it could be argued that he played a system that was effective in scoring points, but ineffective in entertaining football fans. At least other 'more attractive' footballing teams had the opportunity to use their guile and capabilities to try to overcome the Big Sam Hammer....

It was very often so, though, in the Premier League days. Arsene Wenger despised Rovers in all our incarnations, under Hughes (called us a dirty team), under Uncle Fester (called us dreadful to play against) and even under Kenny and Harford (just whinged about our superior tactics).

I guess we shall see soon where JDT sets out his stall - I'm sure you are looking forward like the rest of us to a change from the dreaded tombola, and some modicum of consistency and shape about team selection 🙂

COYJDTB!

24 minutes ago, Shirley Crabtree Wrestler said:

It was very often so, though, in the Premier League days. Arsene Wenger despised Rovers in all our incarnations, under Hughes (called us a dirty team), under Uncle Fester (called us dreadful to play against) and even under Kenny and Harford (just whinged about our superior tactics).

And who cared what they thought about anything? Arsene Whinger  would have banned tackling if he could. 

Arsenal---a team of southern soft gets---loved doing them over!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Deflated’ walking out with 25,000 fellow fans after another one of our internationals put the gloss on a 3-0 win, checking the table and seeing us in the top half of the Premier League… ‘first world problems’, I think they call it.

The problem was, it wasn’t 3-0. It was usually walking out feeling deflated after watching the most horrendous match of your life before a long punt upto Samba in 88th minute had been headed down for Diouf to bundle over the line and make it 1-0….and those were the exciting ones! God forbid we go 1-0 in the 70th minute and you’d be treated to 10 at the back for the remaining 20 mins 🙈

Its the first and only time in my life when I stopped enjoying us win. Like a weird form of torture.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 5

14 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Deflated’ walking out with 25,000 fellow fans after another one of our internationals put the gloss on a 3-0 win, checking the table and seeing us in the top half of the Premier League… ‘first world problems’, I think they call it.

When Souness and Hughes were his predecessors I think it's understandable to be disappointed by Sam's style of play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 47er said:

I loved it! At home we invariably won----against the odds and we did it game after game.

If he'd been given time to develop the side over way less than Mowbray had, we would have seen a different story. 

Sacking him was the worst decision we could have made. I instinctively knew we were doomed the day he went.

With Sam, Williams and Finn the club was absolutely primed to kick on.

All you need to do Rao family was keep things as they are, up the budgets a bit, wait for the new TV deals to be signed and you are laughing. Put ‘Venky’s’ on the shirt if you want, and let the dosh roll in…

Alas they went a very different route

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5