BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

Starting to feel sorry for this fella. He must be getting as bored saying the same old stuff as I am hearing it. I can't see how this pre season has been at all productive for him or for us. Human beings behind the player. Good competitive friendly with plenty of tackles. Great to see the youngsters get a chance to catch the eye. For Christ sake! The club need to give the man some hope to cling to! Stop talking about the 'project' because that will only work if we have a capable side we are able to put out on a Saturday. I'm all for youngsters. 100% onboard with that. But youngsters need to have the right environment to thrive. Not having to play out of position in a side struggling to cope without a core leadership group. 

Not to mention this key pre season for Dack. At least he has amassed several min...oh wait scrap that. 

FFS Rovers! Give the man a chance!

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Poor bloke is used to the best - his career is testament to that. IMO unless our owners / CEO / Pasha pull their fingers out of their arse, then he’ll be gone by Christmas if we’re not performing semi-decently in the league. 

And that's the reality for me. The wave of optimism around his appointment has dissipated a little as frustration kicks in and his comment about asking Broughton about transfers indicates to me that he is feeling that way too. This isn't 'happy to be here' Mowbray who put up with this nonsense. It's a young manager who has given us cause to be optimistic about the immediate future, an oasis in the Rao Desert. 

Once again I'll say it - the fucking elephant is still in the room.

• Like 8

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

Once again I'll say it - the fucking elephant is still in the room.

And the elephant doesn't even know we are in the same room as it stands, smuggly smiling to itself.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Might wake up a few to the actual state of this club… though if it’s on the back of a few dodgy results it will all be ‘he was shit anyway, good riddance!’

Lambert was a rarity under the Rao ownership model as he actually replaced our best sold striker with a better one, with NO transfer fee.

Now we have a new regime in forced to look at players drawn up by the EX manager.

That's progress for you Venky style.

47 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Lambert was a rarity under the Rao ownership model as he actually replaced our best sold striker with a better one, with NO transfer fee.

Now we have a new regime in forced to look at players drawn up by the EX manager.

That's progress for you Venky style.

No TP, it’s the clubs scouting department / recruitment.

Its going to take a lot longer than a month, or even a year for JDT to implement his own views on the recruitment system for rovers.

Suggesting this is a forced restriction? Sounds stupid to me at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JBiz said:

No TP, it’s the clubs scouting department / recruitment.

Its going to take a lot longer than a month, or even a year for JDT to implement his own views on the recruitment system for rovers.

Suggesting this is a forced restriction? Sounds stupid to me at least.

Where does it suggest it's a forced 'restriction' ?

Forced as in the new guys haven't come up with anything so they have to go back to the previous guys targets.

As for your other point managers, head coaches go into clubs all the time closely followed by a few of their own signings. It's a norm, it's a given the only reason it's likely not happening here is down to this club not the new gaffer.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

On 19/07/2022 at 16:09, booth said:

Going to need some good full backs with that system.

Yep, that was evident from the Celtic game - this system demands a lot from the FBs. 

If this Brittain guy is what everyone's cracking him up to be then that's one. We need a LB too. 

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I can't be the only one that finds it impossible to read JDT interviews without doing his his voice in my head 

I keep hearing the word 'lovely' in his voice for some reason.

• Like 1

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

I always picture him saying things with thst big cheecky infectious grin aswell 🙈🤩🤩

😍😍😍

Legit mancrush on him I think 😅

• Like 2