BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

15 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Fuck off JDT you fucking dolloper.

Yet another venkys appointment just here to clip the ticket and pick up a wage.

Honestly, I’ve read most of his interviews over the last six or so months and he talks about a few windows and making the club sustainable long term. He talks about wanting to go for promotion but it being a dream- when was the last time we made the top 6?? 

Short term nothing much will change but for the first time in years I do feel off the field we may be moving forward for the first time and let’s not forget we have won 13 games and are 3rd, regardless of how you feel we got there.

2 hours ago, imy9 said:

Honestly, I’ve read most of his interviews over the last six or so months and he talks about a few windows and making the club sustainable long term. He talks about wanting to go for promotion but it being a dream- when was the last time we made the top 6?? 

Short term nothing much will change but for the first time in years I do feel off the field we may be moving forward for the first time and let’s not forget we have won 13 games and are 3rd, regardless of how you feel we got there.

Because of the lack of consistency in how Venkys run the club, assuming we don't go up this season, our best player leaves on a free and we go massively backwards in the "project."

• Like 4

The big positive for me is that players are being signed on long term contracts, especially the young players that we have developed, that is a marked difference from the last decade.

we need to give Gregg especially a year, the backroom staff is more important than the manager in my opinion.

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You also think that Hirst just needs a run of games, unless his pointless cameo on Boxing Day was the final straw for you?

You can't judge players on cameos and maybe some of you might have learnt from BBD situation when most of you wrote him off based on cameos and not a run of games. 

20 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

We seem to have got worse and worse going forward as time has gone on. We neither have a discernible style that gets the ball to the attacking players very often, nor do the attacking players look like any training has gone into attacking leading to an absence of pass and move and decisions repeatedly made that are wrong. You could point at individuals and question their form but when the whole team is not offering a goal threat, it goes beyond that. 

Let JDT build his team and how he wants to play to the players then add 3 or 4 players in the summer then I'm sure we see his style he wants to play here and Rovers fighting for promotion now. Fans need to be patience and let the Footballing management do their jobs. 

19 hours ago, Dan said:

FFS Chaddy, your blind optimism is absolutely baffling. Will it take as long as it did with Mowbray for the penny to drop with you? 

Oh well, not to worried Dan. I stand by my opinion on JDT and he will bring success here sadly they will be quite alot of you having to admit you were wrong in the next couple of years. 

@imy9, you have made some greats points in the last 2 posts on here and I agree with them

Of course you can judge players on cameos, it’s those cameos that can force them into the side. Young lads have been advancing into first teams by impressing in cameos since day dot.

Sometimes I wonder if you actually understand the game.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

I don't see that marked improvement at all, even in the last few years players either who have yet to break through, are carrying injuries or are yet to excel consistently enough to attract bigger teams have still in the main signed new deals. Travis, S Wharton, Dolan, Buckley and Dack had amongst others all signed new deals in the last few years, even Kaminski did. This summer, it was important to sign up Phillips, A Wharton and Buckley but they all fall into the same categories.

The big call was Brereton this summer like with Rothwell last summer, our problems have been with players in the last year or 2 of the deal that don't want to sign due to interest from elsewhere, and we again chose to reject taking a very hefty amount relative to our budget in favour of pissing value down the drain.

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

You can't judge players on cameos and maybe some of you might have learnt from BBD situation when most of you wrote him off based on cameos and not a run of games. 

Let JDT build his team and how he wants to play to the players then add 3 or 4 players in the summer then I'm sure we see his style he wants to play here and Rovers fighting for promotion now. Fans need to be patience and let the Footballing management do their jobs. 

Oh well, not to worried Dan. I stand by my opinion on JDT and he will bring success here sadly they will be quite alot of you having to admit you were wrong in the next couple of years. 

@imy9, you have made some greats points in the last 2 posts on here and I agree with them

People pay good money and spend lots of time to go to each game, it is crazy for you to just assume that things WILL work out, a more sensible approach is surely to judge week by week, game by game, window by window, season by season. I will be more/less patient dependant on what I see as time goes on. I do not know whether the Tomasson tenure will be a success or a failure. You seem sure it WILL be a success.

As touched on, Hirst doesn't deserve a run of games based on how shocking he has been in his cameos, including some starts. He offers nothing and whenever you are asked about his strengths, you go all cryptic. I think you can see that he is a dud but won't admit it.

Brereton was a very unusual case and is not a precedent that many will replicate. If Hirst does start suddenly banging in the goals, there will be no need for the word "sadly" because every Rovers fan on here will be delighted.

• Like 2

I’ve kept my powder dry on JDT giving it half a season before making any comment, but I’m afraid the glitter is fast disappearing for me. There are too many buzz words and not enough positive action in my opinion. 
Now let me think; which of our successful managers ever used the word “project”? 
Howard, Don, Kenny, Souey.

No thought not.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, imy9 said:

Third in the league and he's dismissing any chance of promotion. 

Dolloper, dick head, bullshitter.

Could you imagine that kind of bollocks coming from the likes of Souness or Hughes? Me neither. 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

Third in the league and he's dismissing any chance of promotion. 

Dolloper, dick head, bullshitter.

Could you imagine that kind of bollocks coming from the likes of Souness or Hughes? Me neither. 

English is what his third language? He has said on numerous occasions he wants top 6, think he was dismissing automatic promotion. 

Half way and third speaks loud enough to me. New squad and having lost a lot of players over the summer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, imy9 said:

English is what his third language? He has said on numerous occasions he wants top 6, think he was dismissing automatic promotion. 

Half way and third speaks loud enough to me. New squad and having lost a lot of players over the summer. 

That's a weak hand you're playing there.

Third in the league and he's dismissing any chance of promotion. Dolloper.

• Like 5

Another abysmal performance and result. That's on top of embarrassing defeats to Burnley, Preston and Wigan. Sitting in third in the league and he dismisses any thought of promotion. Continually trying to play out from the back when it doesn't work.

Get rid, get rid now.

Unfortunately with this being Rovers we have another two and a half years of this shit.

• Like 4

• Backroom

As it stands we're only 5 points off 14th. Lose on Sunday and we could be out of the top six as early as Monday evening, and if our form doesn't improve quickly we could be in the bottom half at a scarily quick pace simply due to how tight the table is. As much as I wish it wasn't the case, being 3rd at this point in time isn't really very comforting when given wider context of the league and our current form.

• Like 4

I’m sure he’ll get a season at least but ultimately he’ll end up in the category of shite managers for rovers and considering in 3rd it doesn’t even feel like a outlandish prediction. Once again it feels like just killing time until we pull another name out of the tombola.

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

Really wanted to believe in jdt. When he came in he talked a good game but he's just becoming the Scandinavian Mowbray.  Love to be proved wrong but there's just no light at the end of the tunnel.  And sidelining Wharton because he felt he was unjustly treated is petty. If he doesn't pull a few rabbits out of the hat on and off the pitch in January, he can do one 

• Like 5

Just like it was a lot under Mowbray, our better moments in games/goals seem to come about from doing the opposite of what the manager talks about in interviews. 

The loss and goal difference columns are abysmal and are the worst in the top 10, losses nearly the worst in the division.

We struggle to create decent chances in games and we now can't keep the ball out of the net. Our general play is quite poor, we barely get 2 passes together before giving it away and seem to believe that playing out from the back is the way forward. This often gets us 5 yards past our own 18 yard box before inexplicably giving it back to the opposition. 

This has been going on all season, previously it was covered up by the WLWL form we had.

Worrying times really. A slide down the table is inevitable, just depends how far we slide. There is always one team that slides down the league and one the rises, we always seem to the be the former.

Frustrating.

• Like 7

• Backroom

I'm not giving up on JDT yet, but it's obvious he has a lot to learn and needs to be realistic about what's possible with the team and budget he's likely to have over the next three years (assuming he's allowed to see his project through). It's early days yet but his preferred style clearly needs some major tweaks, and he needs to craft a proper Plan B for when we're struggling. At the moment I don't think we have one, and Plan A (however you'd define it) rarely seems to produce a decent performance. 

I've been saying for a while now that we'll finish mid-table, but the bump back down to Earth is going to be particularly hard considering we somehow managed to get up to 2nd/3rd for a period. Ultimately I think we all knew, deep down, it was a false position and I'm sure at the end of the season our position will better reflect the fact we are a team in transition with a manager who still has a lot to learn. We just need to hope JDT really is learning and willing to adapt, because if he chooses instead to be stubborn and refuse to adapt I cannot see this journey leading anywhere nice, despite what I'm sure are genuine intentions to bring success to the club from JDT and his staff.

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 18:24, roversfan99 said:

People pay good money and spend lots of time to go to each game, it is crazy for you to just assume that things WILL work out, a more sensible approach is surely to judge week by week, game by game, window by window, season by season. I will be more/less patient dependant on what I see as time goes on. I do not know whether the Tomasson tenure will be a success or a failure. You seem sure it WILL be a success.

I have confidence and faith in the Footballing strategy Rovers have and the people we have in key positions with the Football management side of the club. 

As touched on, Hirst doesn't deserve a run of games based on how shocking he has been in his cameos, including some starts. He offers nothing and whenever you are asked about his strengths, you go all cryptic. I think you can see that he is a dud but won't admit it.

Yet again, I told Hirst's strengths are having watching the Stoke game and videos of him before he signed here. His strengths are there to see if you watch them and the way he like to play

If I think he is dud I would say so. I not bothered or worried if I made a mistake and I ain't afraid to admit I was wrong. 

Brereton was a very unusual case and is not a precedent that many will replicate. If Hirst does start suddenly banging in the goals, there will be no need for the word "sadly" because every Rovers fan on here will be delighted.

BBD wasn't unusual case but he was barely starting and playing. after Covid he was a different player and one who has become a fan favourite and proven he has quality for this level.

22 hours ago, Doogs said:

JDT taking the club nowhere. We need a manger in the mould of Souness. A winner..

JDT is a winner and you can see that if you look at his playing and management career history. 

Why not allow his time and patience to build his own team and stop being so judgemental and expect promotion within his first season. Farke took time there to get it right and look at the success and the team he built there

36 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have confidence and faith in the Footballing strategy Rovers have and the people we have in key positions with the Football management side of the club. 

Yet again, I told Hirst's strengths are having watching the Stoke game and videos of him before he signed here. His strengths are there to see if you watch them and the way he like to play

If I think he is dud I would say so. I not bothered or worried if I made a mistake and I ain't afraid to admit I was wrong. 

JDT is a winner and you can see that if you look at his playing and management career history. 

Why not allow his time and patience to build his own team and stop being so judgemental and expect promotion within his first season. Farke took time there to get it right and look at the success and the team he built there

Nothing you are saying here matches with reality. I'm not sure which team you watch sometimes. 

• Like 2