BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

When JDT first arrived and he came out with the "Dutch disease" statement. I thought great, at least he can see one of the problems, and maybe he will cure it. Half a season down the line, and we are trying to play the exact football that he took the piss out of. At this point in time I have to think that his original statements were just things, he had been told, that the fans wanted to hear.

Edited by rigger
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

This team have not won as much as one point from conceding first.  Absolute joke.  Spineless displays.

As I have said this team needs a couple of Gordon Cowans type signings.  A couple of experienced hard men in the middle.

Never mind winning a point, have we even scored when behind in the league this season? 

2 hours ago, Nuttall is lost said:

This team have not won as much as one point from conceding first.  Absolute joke.  Spineless displays.

As I have said this team needs a couple of Gordon Cowans type signings.  A couple of experienced hard men in the middle.

Scoring goals and accumulating points are so over - rated.

The key is to have lots of possession to get your young players noticed.

Kind regards,

G Broughton

• Like 4

JDT ain't it for me. Nice guy but essentially the Danish Gary Bowyer. Won't be long before he's coining the phrase 'we gave it a right good go'. Summed it up for me that at 2 nil down yesterday the Sky cameras show him grinning like we're coasting to an easy win.

The lack of fight in this team when we go behind is completely unacceptable. There is no backbone there, no fighting character to drag themselves over the line, which is what any successful team does when they're not at their best. That starts with the manager having, and JDT hasn't got it for this level. Hope I'm one day proven wrong but I think it's unlikely.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, sharpysharps86 said:

JDT ain't it for me. Nice guy but essentially the Danish Gary Bowyer. Won't be long before he's coining the phrase 'we gave it a right good go'. Summed it up for me that at 2 nil down yesterday the Sky cameras show him grinning like we're coasting to an easy win.

The lack of fight in this team when we go behind is completely unacceptable. There is no backbone there, no fighting character to drag themselves over the line, which is what any successful team does when they're not at their best. That starts with the manager having, and JDT hasn't got it for this level. Hope I'm one day proven wrong but I think it's unlikely.

When we were  2-0 down yesterday in the second half we were playing with all the urgency of a team winning 2-0. Just aimlessly knocking the ball around running the clock down. WTF ?

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s the foundation of any successful team at this level, but as GB himself has said experienced players ‘block pathways’ of teenagers.

This is not a football club that is serious about promotion.

Aside from the fact that seasoned pros help the youngsters develop, he's contradicted himself by signing Morton. Who really blocks the pathway of our midfield and offers no help or sell on value. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When we were  2-0 yesterday in the second half we were playing with all the urgency of a team winning 2-0. Just aimlessly knocking the ball around running the clock down. WTF ?

Even Tomasson admitted that the second goal took it out of us. How mentally weak is that? A quick-fire goal would have put us right back in the game. Perhaps we didn't deserve to be two goals down at that point, but instead of feeling sorry for yourselves, you're supposed to dig deep and fight back. There was still plenty of time left on the clock to do something about it. Instead, the players threw in the towel.

• Like 1

I am still in very much of JDT and what he wants to achieve it here. Achieving this will take time and bringing in the right players into the squad to make us stronger and better on the pitch to achieve that will take time. 

I was talking to another passionate Rovers fan(ST holder) last night in the pub who I have know for over 30 years and someone I called a family friend who isn't a fan of JDT and we have a good discussion about it. We didn't agree about JDT. 

4 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Anybody who thinks you can tip tap your way out of this league is deluded. Rotherham showed what’s required. Lots of hard running, pressing like you actually mean it, getting the ball out of your half and into your opponents half asap, shooting on sight etc.

This lot are slow learners. Giving them money to sign players - I have my reservations there also. I’ve got to be honest - if I opened this morning paper and read that JDT had resigned I wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest. 

Rovers have displayed that at times but yesterday it was missing massively. 

on tip tap football? When we passed it around yesterday we created the best 3 chances of the game but we missed them all. I think you can play quick passing football and achieve promotion as teams over the years have shown. We need the players to this style and I think over the next 18 months we can achieve this

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I am still in very much of JDT and what he wants to achieve it here. Achieving this will take time and bringing in the right players into the squad to make us stronger and better on the pitch to achieve that will take time. 

I was talking to another passionate Rovers fan(ST holder) last night in the pub who I have know for over 30 years and someone I called a family friend who isn't a fan of JDT and we have a good discussion about it. We didn't agree about JDT. 

Rovers have displayed that at times but yesterday it was missing massively. 

on tip tap football? When we passed it around yesterday we created the best 3 chances of the game but we missed them all. I think you can play quick passing football and achieve promotion as teams over the years have shown. We need the players to this style and I think over the next 18 months we can achieve this

So we created the best three chances of the game, and all Rotherham did was score four goals. I know which I would prefer.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The three chances line is straight from Tomasson's press conference. But of course he would have said that anyway and is not just echoing what he says.

None of them were easy. Gally should have controlled his better but the keeper would still been on top of him. Their keeper also did well with the Hedges chance, he should have got his toe under the ball instead of electing to go along the ground.  The Dack headed chance would have been a brilliant header if he would have scored from there. Ditto with the volley late on.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The three chances line is straight from Tomasson's press conference. But of course he would have said that anyway and is not just echoing what he says.

Not just that either. The line about 'not getting too happy after a win and not getting too down after a defeat' is also straight out of a Tomasson press conference. I heard it for myself a few weeks ago and Broughton has also said similar in that podcast.

Original thought? Nah. That's overrated.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Explode with anger’? Ewood? 😁 Think that ship sailed with Ke*n.

But yes, the ‘JDT, sort it out!’ will be a fair bit louder than anything aimed at Teflon Tony.

you are right,ewood has been subjected to such a torrent of *********** in the last 12 years the whole place is completely apathetic,you never know though,might be a reet good pitch invasion and protest if we lose to blackpool and wigan at home🤣,i doubt there will be a crowd for the birmingham game,they could play it at pleasington it will be that low

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

None of them were easy. Gally should have controlled his better but the keeper would still been on top of him. Their keeper also did well with the Hedges chance, he should have got his toe under the ball instead of electing to go along the ground.  The Dack headed chance would have been a brilliant header if he would have scored from there. Ditto with the volley late on.

Plus it is one of them, the early goal made Rotherham even more content to sit in and let us slowly piss around passing it side to side. To only create 3 reasonable chances (one of which we didn't get a shot in) 90 minutes against such a poor side is unacceptable, not something to take as a positive.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I posted the 3 chances yesterday before anything JDT said yesterday

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Dack should have glanced it into the far post. 

Gallagher's effort less said about it the better tbh. 

Hedges should have lift it over the keeper 

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

Not just that either. The line about 'not getting too happy after a win and not getting too down after a defeat' is also straight out of a Tomasson press conference. I heard it for myself a few weeks ago and Broughton has also said similar in that podcast.

Original thought? Nah. That's overrated.

Sorry, but I have the same attitude for years towards watching Rovers/football for years. nice calm approach is needed watching Rovers, 

Haven't listened to Broughton podcast yet. 

25 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

‘Explode with anger’? Ewood? 😁 Think that ship sailed with Ke*n.

But yes, the ‘JDT, sort it out!’ will be a fair bit louder than anything aimed at Teflon Tony.

First home game after relegation when Mowbray turned out one of his ultra confusing teams the crowd left everybody in no uncertain terms to pull their fingers out.

But yeah since that day TMs working class back streets of Boro kicking a ball about drivvel had most convinced enough to stay off his back. 

Ewood though unlike some other gaffs usually votes with its feet well before its voice but we have a set of people running it who don't care about that.

Edited by tomphil