BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

9 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Fair point.

Or he may have put feelers out, put his name in the frame. I guess we'll find out.

If it was me and there was an offer there, I'd be off. You're on a hiding to nothing here.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was trying to put his name in the frame, I’m just not sure his season here warrants a move to a better club.

That being said, I wouldn’t blame him if he was looking to just make a ‘sideways move’

I wonder how much the ‘reality of Rovers’ differs from the ‘vision’ he was sold…

• Like 2

We have to keep JDT as manager for next season. 

We've got to hope that conversations have been had over the January shambles between JDT and GB, with a way forward planned and any changes to the way we conduct our transfer business sorted. 

We've laid the foundations this season and building on them is essential, JDT is a huge part of that. He came in with talk of projects and building a team over time, which suggests he's committed for the longer term.

The January debacle might have convinced him his future is elsewhere but if GB hasn't smoothed things over with him then he might as well walk along with him.

• Like 3

JDT cost us a place at wembley with his subs

His five at the back inviting pressure

Laughing on the bench when two down at rotherham

Putting a winger on at full back v Cov

There is a reason or two why he was turned down for the Hibs gig

As for that clown GB he should have been sacked on the spot for the o brien deblacle

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

We have to keep JDT as manager for next season. 

We've got to hope that conversations have been had over the January shambles between JDT and GB, with a way forward planned and any changes to the way we conduct our transfer business sorted. 

We've laid the foundations this season and building on them is essential, JDT is a huge part of that. He came in with talk of projects and building a team over time, which suggests he's committed for the longer term.

The January debacle might have convinced him his future is elsewhere but if GB hasn't smoothed things over with him then he might as well walk along with him.

There are no foundations as long as we are run by venkys because they could easily pull the rug beneath us if they so wish

(Speaking on the assumption we're going to miss out on the play offs)

If he walked to join another Club I think I'd be a bit disappointed rather than devastated but despite the fact Ive been far from impressed with what I've witnessed this season he has probably just about done enough to deserve another crack at it next season.

We need a competent CEO and, if we're going to persevere with the DOF model, an actual experienced DOF rather than an overpromoted Academy Head far more urgently than we need to change the manager.

• Like 8

Luton are where they are because they are tactically better than us there is no way their squad is better or budget.

Great management has got them where they've no real right to be so if we have any genuine ambition at all at this club they need to wise up.

We are on course to be all pretty little patterns of play trying to score the odd perfect goal over any real substance and threat. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

(Speaking on the assumption we're going to miss out on the play offs)

If he walked to join another Club I think I'd be a bit disappointed rather than devastated but despite the fact Ive been far from impressed with what I've witnessed this season he has probably just about done enough to deserve another crack at it next season.

We need a competent CEO and, if we're going to persevere with the DOF model, an actual experienced DOF rather than an overpromoted Academy Head far more urgently than we need to change the manager.

Do you have faith in Venkys to do all/any of this?

17 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Luton are where they are because they are tactically better than us there is no way their squad is better or budget.

Great management has got them where they've no real right to be so if we have any genuine ambition at all at this club they need to wise up.

We are on course to be all pretty little patterns of play trying to score the odd perfect goal over any real substance and threat. 

If we had Morris upfront we'd be third in the table. Add to that Adebayo.

Both of them are far better than any of our options.

1 minute ago, booth said:

If we had Morris upfront we'd be third in the table. Add to that Adebayo.

Both of them are far better than any of our options.

If we didn't overplay every damn attack and ball and put some quicker balls into the danger area and attacked them we'd score a few more goals and be in the play offs now.

This wide forwards false nine bollocks has been as a big a stumbling block as anything .

If you don't get men in the penalty spot area and spearhead the forward line you won't score. The way we do it now you could have Cole or Owen in there and they get nowt because we create nowt in terms of real chances.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

If we didn't overplay every damn attack and ball and put some quicker balls into the danger area and attacked them we'd score a few more goals and be in the play offs now.

This wide forwards false nine bollocks has been as a big a stumbling block as anything .

If you don't get men in the penalty spot area and spearhead the forward line you won't score. The way we do it now you could have Cole or Owen in there and they get nowt because we create nowt in terms of real chances.

A similar argument is that we could play direct and have many more chances per game, have ten men in the box, but we still wouldn't score as our players struggle to finish their dinner.

Our centre forwards are Sam Gallagher, a poor player currently injured, and Harry Leonard a teenager thrown in with little experience of first team football. The rest are wingers with no real record of scoring goals, and a bloke who can't wait to get to Spain.

And as for the argument that we don't create enough chances, I disagree. There have been games where there have been crosses flying across the box and Gallagher has been trotting along with zero urgency. I've seen Brereton, Gallagher, JRC, Dolan and Hedges miss chance after chance and I've seen the likes of Travis in goal scoring positions bottle it and opt to pass it to a player, in a worst position to get it in the net. Just as they did with Mowbray last season.

The only one of our forwards I can give any credit to is Szmodics as he'll consistently have a go.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

I'd agree but we have no height so crosses and corners are pointless.

We have very little pace so through balls need to be perfect.

We're reliant on passing our way forward and that can be severely frustrating.

Edited by JohnD
  • Like 1

"It’s more or less the same old story and having the same talk, what we didn’t see was games, that was the only thing.”

No shit JDT. Why can't he learn from the games and coach them to score then?

"When you’re at this stage of the season you would want your only senior No.9 Sam Gallagher to be involved in every game."

Really. Is he being serious. Sam has been awful. We need others to step up. He shouldn't be blaming the lack of Sam. What about BBD or Dack or hedges etc.

"The performance at that level at this stage of the season with this young squad not used to playhign for the play-offs was brilliant."

Haven't we been up there ALL season. I don't rate the BS in the post match interview.

Edited by Neilbristol
Typo
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

"It’s more or less the same old story and having the same talk, what we didn’t see was games, that was the only thing.”

"When you’re at this stage of the season you would want your only senior No.9 Sam Gallagher to be involved in every game."

Really. Is he being serious. Sam has been awful. We need others to step up. He shouldn't be blaming the lack of Sam. What about BBD or Dack or hedges etc.

"The performance at that level at this stage of the season with this young squad not used to playhign for the play-offs was brilliant."

Haven't we been up there ALL season. I don't rate the BS in the post match interview.

There’s a lot of this now in post match interviews (and life in general) - the attempt to convince people that what they saw isn’t what happened at all…

• Like 1

5 wins in the last 20 apparently this season which is identical to last season, 0 wins in 8 and we haven't gone 2 up at home since Rotherham last October/November.

No better than last season and not the season of a team that is starting to come together as things progress under a new management style. Also to throw in an opinion too, to watch we have been pretty dire all season.

Obviously the problems are above Tomasson who I would keep on but I would be surprised if any bigger teams wanted him and I am not totally convinced in him.

Also, next season if we are in the top 6, would anyone expect us to stay there? After what has happened in these last 2 seasons.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

Can you coach someone to score? I think we're expecting a bit much here considering our forwards (inc wingers and attacking mids) haven't been prolific under multiple managers if you look at their scoring records, aside from Dack for a couple of seasons pre injury.

9 hours ago, tomphil said:

They’ve decided on a simple but effective system of play and recruited the players to play it. Two strikers !  Yeah I like that very much. You increase your chances of scoring massively.

Then you look at Rovers trying to football their way out of the division without the players capable of playing that way.

• Like 2