BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Jon Dahl Tomasson - Officially No Longer Our Head Coach

1 hour ago, Neilbristol said:

He sounds deluded.

If we get the same displays, results and same repetition of madness, particularly at the end of games, poor subs, poor use of excellence within youth.. I'm afraid I won't be backing this guy. His delusional press conferences are only acceptable as it's first season..

How will that manifest itself?

5 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

"We are extremely ambitious and we are going on the pitch to win every game.

“I have said that in every press conference, we haven’t won every game, we’ve lost games, but we’ve always had the mindset.

“I’m a big believer that if you have that mindset you will win more games than you lose.”

He sounds deluded.

If we get the same displays, results and same repetition of madness, particularly at the end of games, poor subs, poor use of excellence within youth.. I'm afraid I won't be backing this guy. His delusional press conferences are only acceptable as it's first season..

What a really strange thing to take from that statement...

6 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

“I have said that in every press conference, we haven’t won every game, we’ve lost games, but we’ve always had the mindset.

“I’m a big believer that if you have that mindset you will win more games than you lose.”

He sounds deluded.

I think this is what is now called "gaslighting"

• Like 1

Kean was delusional with his non stop ultra positive bull crap but JDT isn't he's just a bright kind of guy if a little repetitive.

Needs to cotton on quickly though that you need a plan B in this league.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, tomphil said:

Kean was delusional with his non stop ultra positive bull crap but JDT isn't he's just a bright kind of guy if a little repetitive.

Needs to cotton on quickly though that you need a plan B in this league.

Even under the liar we brought in jakubu

• Like 2

Was Ke*n deluded? I think he knew exactly what he was saying and that it was a load of BS - it was all job preservation mode for the ears of those many miles to the east…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Backroom

I think he was just addicted to lying tbh. Probably became increasingly emboldened as the local press never pulled him up on his bullshit and the national press (Henry Winter and a couple of others excepted) were more interested in doggedly painting Rovers fans as ungrateful thugs than focusing on Kean's nonsense. 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Neilbristol said:

He sounds deluded.

If we get all of that again next season, but manage to bring in a couple of players that can provide a lot more goals, we'll get promoted.

19 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I think this is what is now called "gaslighting"

No no. This isn't gas lighting. I just think to say we have the mentality to win every game and then we don't win every game sounds a bit ridiculous. It's fine to say we go in to this game to win it, but clearly we keep losing or drawing so there is no need to comment on how we go into those games. Sounds stupid. To me at least. Its like me saying after not winning the lottery, oh I bought the right numbers but they didn't turn up this time. Pointless. Of course our players go in to the game to win. No professional athlete goes to a competition with the plan to come second or lose. I just think he talks a lot of shit sometimes which I think is fine in his first season but if we keep doing the same insane things next season he won't have the excuse of being our new manager 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Neilbristol said:

No no. This isn't gas lighting. I just think to say we have the mentality to win every game and then we don't win every game sounds a bit ridiculous. It's fine to say we go in to this game to win it, but clearly we keep losing or drawing so there is no need to comment on how we go into those games. Sounds stupid. To me at least. Its like me saying after not winning the lottery, oh I bought the right numbers but they didn't turn up this time. Pointless. Of course our players go in to the game to win. No professional athlete goes to a competition with the plan to come second or lose. I just think he talks a lot of shit sometimes which I think is fine in his first season but if we keep doing the same insane things next season he won't have the excuse of being our new manager 

I think the difference between these two phrases can be explained by the fact english is JDT’s second language.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

A club would have to approach him.

If a Prem club approaches him I'm pretty sure he'll be off, just like any other manager in the Championship would be. 

Or he could quit. 

I hope he stays and is backed financially and in the market to have a crack at the top 6 next season. 

I seriously hope that we keep JDT for the long term. He has improved this football club and we had our higher finish since being relegated from PL plus we have improved so much from the start of the season to this last game of the season. 

He will sit down with GB and SW to discussed next season plans if he hasn't already and put in place a transfer plan plus scheduling for pre season games and pre season training camp 

JDT's Blue and White Army 🔵

39 minutes ago, alex l said:

Or he could quit. 

I hope he stays and is backed financially and in the market to have a crack at the top 6 next season. 

If JDT quit, we would still have him contracted,  so I assume he would not be able to go to any other club until that contract expires ? 

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

if the other club pays compensation for the contract of course he can leave

The question was not about if another club came in for JDT, but if JDT has the option of just quitting the Rovers.

• Like 1