BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

1 hour ago, roverandout said:

No I'm not. The super cup Is a glorified friendly.  The only trophies that matter to clubs like Liverpool is the  champions league and epl. Maybe the fa Cup comes in third

Which Klopp has won them plus FA cup which is still an important trophy for PL teams

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I believe Bellingham is a Liverpool fan and his father is a aswell. I reckon he goes there

It is still a trophy at the end of the day. You are moving the goal posts to suit your argument. 

Pep hasn't won the Champions League at City yet, Klopp has at Liverpool

He’ll be a City fan if they pay him enough.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Klopp has more than enough credit in the bank with what he has won there during his time 

Doesn't matter, I'm not talking about whether he'll be sacked or not, only how difficult it'll be for Klopp to reintegrate the players into his style now that they've lost confidence in it. This has happened at every club he's been at and he's never been able to recover from it. He should obviously be given the chance to do so, but don't be surprised if it simply doesn't turn around. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, DE. said:

Doesn't matter, I'm not talking about whether he'll be sacked or not, only how difficult it'll be for Klopp to reintegrate the players into his style now that they've lost confidence in it. This has happened at every club he's been at and he's never been able to recover from it. He should obviously be given the chance to do so, but don't be surprised if it simply doesn't turn around. 

Danny Higginbotham's take on US TV was that Mane leaving has caused lot of the issues. In his opinion Mane set the press and everybody followed. He's gone and his replacements can't do it leaving them all at sea. 

I think that is one of many problems Klopp has. They are conceding easy goals and missing easy chances, which is a bad combination. They do have a lot of injuries which has forced chopping and changing but that does not excuse the individual errors littering each game. 

Salah is a passenger. TAA's lack of defensive nous is getting worse. Any of their midfielders operate too slowly. Their strikers can't finish.

They are also very easy to play against. All teams are doing is sitting deep, playing narrow, and letting Liverpool pass it in front of them without any penetration. 

Barring an instant upturn in form it's hard to see that they'll be a Champs League team next season.

Is the prospect of them being sold causing strife? 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DE. said:

I understand what you are saying but I think Klopp might have to adapt certain things about his playing style. Losing Mane in the summer was massive for them but their midfield need some quality adding to it now. 

1 hour ago, speeeeeeedie said:

Danny Higginbotham's take on US TV was that Mane leaving has caused lot of the issues. In his opinion Mane set the press and everybody followed. He's gone and his replacements can't do it leaving them all at sea. 

I think that is one of many problems Klopp has. They are conceding easy goals and missing easy chances, which is a bad combination. They do have a lot of injuries which has forced chopping and changing but that does not excuse the individual errors littering each game. 

Salah is a passenger. TAA's lack of defensive nous is getting worse. Any of their midfielders operate too slowly. Their strikers can't finish.

They are also very easy to play against. All teams are doing is sitting deep, playing narrow, and letting Liverpool pass it in front of them without any penetration. 

Barring an instant upturn in form it's hard to see that they'll be a Champs League team next season.

Is the prospect of them being sold causing strife? 

They are in and will remain in limbo until FG exit or bring other investors in.

FG alone will not invest sufficient to compete with MU, NU and Chelsea. Arsenal are just run and managed better.

I totally agree on the comments on Mane, Salah and TAA.

Salah is missing Mane the most although I doubt Salah would admit that.

Klopp gave a brutally honest opinion post match.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

In hindsight, if Liverpool got rid of Salah, cashed in while his stock was at his highest and kept Mane, it would have been the best shout. Granted, it would have been unthinkable at the time.

As It’s gone, Salah has been poor and Liverpool have been awful. Their midfield has no legs and it exposes TAA and VVD by offering them no protection. 
Strange set of circumstance all around tbh.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DE. said:

Some really, really weird comments from Nathan Jones after another defeat today. Sounds like he's lost the plot. Judging from their forums, Southampton fans almost universally despise him.

he hasn't much of impact there. Weird appointment in the first place but Southampton backed him in the transfer market in January

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Dyche straight in with a bang at Everton with the same players. Well drilled, a threat from set pieces and a new lease of life. I wish they had stuck with Lampard.

was it a good game to watch? 

Only watched the Match of the Day highlights. 

I didn't understand why the Everton board members didn't attend tho. Surely should have been there backing their new manager and players. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I didn't understand why the Everton board members didn't attend tho. Surely should have been there backing their new manager and players. 

Threats to their safety might have been a factor.

• Moderation Lead
15 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I suspect their fans won’t be bothered if it was a good game or not. I think they’ll be more concerned with three points against the top of the league team that had only lost once before Saturday tbh.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

I suspect their fans won’t be bothered if it was a good game or not. I think they’ll be more concerned with three points against the top of the league team that had only lost once before Saturday tbh.

It reminds me of when Arsenal came up against Big Sam’s teams at Ewood. “ They don’t like it up ‘em “.

By all accounts Everton never stopped running, especially in midfield. Just what we’re short of.

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

They have received death threats and been advised by Police to stay away...fan protests ongoing.Those lovable Scousers.

In contrast our fans had most of the Media turn en masse on them for far,far less.

Edited by SIMON GARNERS 194

3 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

They have received death threats and been advised by Police to stay away...fan protests ongoing.Those lovable Scousers.

Those sorts of threats are wrong and unacceptable of course but at  least it shows the fans care and have a passion for the club

I've seen on here it suggested the best way Rovers fans should "protest" is by staying away from matches

Yeah that's right, stay at home or go down the pub and have a moan. It's easier than actually doing something

15 minutes ago, lraC said:

https://www.skysports.com/share/12804577

Could city be in trouble, or will this be swept under the carpet? Given our transfer woes this wee and also the word about the appeal needing to be fair to all EFL clubs, how does this leave that situation?

This could be a real game changer for English football. There has always been a suspicion about City (amongst others) and hopefully any wrongdoings will be suitability and proportionately punished. I'd imagine a few others are twitching right now.