BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

The PL is mental this year - everyone from Crystal Palace (12th) down could get relegated. 9 teams are involved in a relegation battle in March. 

very exciting to watch. Southampton comeback today was good to see. 

Palace sacked Vieira yesterday but seems to have no one lined up to come in. Seems like they were problems with recruitment and the standard of quality of Vieira's coaching staff 

12 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

His interview suggests he wants to be.

Exactly. I seen the interview this morning on Match of the Day. 

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

A very good player in his day though.

Conte was a very good midfielder and he was part of the Juventus team I used to watch and follow when Channel 4 had Italian football. Players like Ferrari, Del Pirlo, Deschamps, Vialli and Ravanelli 

7 minutes ago, Roverthechimp said:

Wondering if Conte has a severance clause?  Could be that sacking him at any point triggers a decent payout and from his perspective why not try and make it happen… 

I said that there is a clause that releasing his contract at the end of the season for a very low fee. 

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Exactly. I seen the interview this morning on Match of the Day. 

Conte was a very good midfielder and he was part of the Juventus team I used to watch and follow when Channel 4 had Italian football. Players like Ferrari, Del Pirlo, Deschamps, Vialli and Ravanelli 

I said that there is a clause that releasing his contract at the end of the season for a very low fee. 

I’m just being cheeky here - but how are you certain that Conte has a clause in his contract but Morton doesn’t?

Just read the Conte comments, and he's not wrong. The owners are more interested in making money and there is a culture of 'As long as we play nice football, and get in the top four that's OK' about the club. There is no hunger for trophies and titles like Man Utd under Ferguson, Mourinho's Chelsea or Pep's Man City. The likes of Kane and Son are happy being in such a team, and have not had that ambition and ruthlessness to simply turn down a new contract and leave for a genuine top club.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Just read the Conte comments, and he's not wrong. The owners are more interested in making money and there is a culture of 'As long as we play nice football, and get in the top four that's OK' about the club. There is no hunger for trophies and titles like Man Utd under Ferguson, Mourinho's Chelsea or Pep's Man City. The likes of Kane and Son are happy being in such a team, and have not had that ambition and ruthlessness to simply turn down a new contract and leave for a genuine top club.

He isn’t wrong, but he’s said it in public for a reason…

2 hours ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Conte is at fault for the club performances and tactics. His tactics at 3-1 up was to sit back and allow Southampton back into the game. He rested Kane for Sheffield United cup game which they lost. 

Conte has been backed by Levy and the owner Lewis but Conte has failed to deliver on the pitch. 

Rashford pulls out of England squad shock. Its funny when it's tournament time every player is fit and available.  As soon as he finds form he's back to putting club before  country.  Forgetting it was the world cup that gave him his confidence again. If it was a friendly I wouldn't be arsed bit this is our toughest qualifier.  I suppose foden will have to fill in

3 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

He barely played at the World Cup. It is little wonder in such a packed schedule when players are playing so many games that qualifiers (we all know we will qualify) are deemed to be of the least importance, with such an important end to the season to come at club level.

Not sure this time with Italy and Ukraine there