BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I agree with all of this. Especially Keane and Souness. Keane is the best pundit going by a country mile for me. 

Redknapp is simply there because he's a pretty boy and sky need a bit of eye candy when you've got Neville and Carragher front and centre. The only time my Mrs used to watch is when Redknapp was talking.

Micah Richards has managed to make an entire career out of having a big laugh. I quite like the bloke, but he is by far and away the worst pundit going. Although, I do love it when he tries to contribute, says something stupid, and Keane, Souey, Neville and Carragher turn on him. I've seen them incredulous before. "What the hell are you even talking about Micah" in Irish, Scottish, Manc or Scouse. 

Even she must have thought it was better when his mouth was shut 😁

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I'm sure you can watch the coverage on a different channel given how you watch the games. 

No I didn't see the coverage of Monday night Football before the game. 

As I said in previous post I said I've spoken to some work colleagues who go to PL games and they said the emotion of scoring a goal cos VAR checks it and afterwards it's not the same. Have you spoken to anyone who think similar? 

It's if as I read on here the EFL want to introduce a similar rule to the one UEFA are bringing in. Wages being below turnover and the final figure being 70% of turnover going to wages. So yes it can be done for cheaper tickets for games moved. EFL and its clubs wanted more TV revenue so more games have to be shown. What's alternative? 

Could you please answer this question I asked you "

Which silly kick off timed are the biggest problem to you? 

Any time aside from 3 on a Saturday is an inconvenience, of course allowing for night games, hence why they shoud limit the amount they can move. Sadly each game from the season after next will have almost half a chance of moving. Fuck the match going fans.

Worst times are silly late games like v Hull, Friday/Monday night and then to a lesser extent at half 12.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Any time aside from 3 on a Saturday is an inconvenience, of course allowing for night games, hence why they shoud limit the amount they can move. Sadly each game from the season after next will have almost half a chance of moving. Fuck the match going fans.

Worst times are silly late games like v Hull, Friday/Monday night and then to a lesser extent at half 12.

Again creative thinking needed.

Buy a season ticket and for any Saturday game which is moved because of Sky you receive £10 in "loyalty points" which can only be redeemed against next years season tickets.

It's positive in two ways - it uses the new extra Sky money the club receive for live games to compensate fans, and also helps with season ticket retention the following summer.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Buy a season ticket and for any Saturday game which is moved because of Sky you receive £10 in "loyalty points" which can only be redeemed against next years season tickets.

It's positive in two ways - it uses the new extra Sky money the club receive for live games to compensate fans, and also helps with season ticket retention the following summer.

Whether or not you still attend?

6 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I agree with all of this. Especially Keane and Souness. Keane is the best pundit going by a country mile for me. 

Redknapp is simply there because he's a pretty boy and sky need a bit of eye candy when you've got Neville and Carragher front and centre. The only time my Mrs used to watch is when Redknapp was talking. 

Micah Richards has managed to make an entire career out of having a big laugh. I quite like the bloke, but he is by far and away the worst pundit going. Although, I do love it when he tries to contribute, says something stupid, and Keane, Souey, Neville and Carragher turn on him. I've seen them incredulous before. "What the hell are you even talking about Micah" in Irish, Scottish, Manc or Scouse. 

I quite like Micah Richards with Carragher and Henry on CBS. They don't really talk about football, but it's a much more entertaining Champs League panel than the shite BT serve up! It is hosted by Kate Abdo who is a good laugh too

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Any time aside from 3 on a Saturday is an inconvenience, of course allowing for night games, hence why they should limit the amount they can move. Sadly each game from the season after next will have almost half a chance of moving. Fuck the match going fans.

That's why Sky and EFL agreed to announced any fixtures changes before the season starts for fixtures up to the 3rd round of the cup. What more could we asked for? Also clubs and EFL want more revenue for TV rights but then more games need to be moved for TV coverage. Clubs and EFL can't have it both ways. That's way Clubs need to use some of extra money towards making tickets cheaper for games moved to tempt fans in ground for tv games. Plus also make ST cheaper in the long term 

The kick offs I don't like are the Saturday 12.30 cos I don't finish work until 8am then I have no time for few hours of sleep. Any others don't bothered me at all. I quite like the Hull kick off tbh cos it was different and nice day. Might have been very different if it been December or January tho

7 hours ago, Hasta said:

its a good idea there 

6 hours ago, Mercer said:

Think Leicester and Forest will join Southampton in the drop.

Big Sam and Dyche have enough to get Leeds and Everton to safety.  Leicester mentally gone and Forest too inconsistent with two difficult closing games (Arsenal at home and a Roy rejuvenated Palace away).

Would fancy all three to bounce back with the smart money on Potter or Rodgers taking over at Southampton.  

Rodgers is on Spurs shortlist to become their next head coach there. Potter might be going to Nice in France. No way of either going to the championship to manage next time. Its been reported that Plymouth manager Steven Schumacher is the one Southampton want. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

That's why Sky and EFL agreed to announced any fixtures changes before the season starts for fixtures up to the 3rd round of the cup. What more could we asked for? Also clubs and EFL want more revenue for TV rights but then more games need to be moved for TV coverage. Clubs and EFL can't have it both ways. That's way Clubs need to use some of extra money towards making tickets cheaper for games moved to tempt fans in ground for tv games. Plus also make ST cheaper in the long term 

The kick offs I don't like are the Saturday 12.30 cos I don't finish work until 8am then I have no time for few hours of sleep. Any others don't bothered me at all. I quite like the Hull kick off tbh cos it was different and nice day. Might have been very different if it been December or January tho

its a good idea there 

Rodgers is on Spurs shortlist to become their next head coach there. Potter might be going to Nice in France. No way of either going to the championship to manage next time. Its been reported that Plymouth manager Steven Schumacher is the one Southampton want. 

What more could they do? Not have so many bloody games on in the first place! No need for 5 out of 12 and extra notice and/or the clubs doing flexible times will not stop the fact that it will block some people from being able to attend. Why do they need to show 2 x 1230 kick offs for example? Load of bollocks.

If in 3 seasons, Sky started insisting all 12 games are away from 3 or that games start at 2am at times to allow people abroad to watch, youd still defend them.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

its a good idea there 

As long as you’re alright, eh?

What about everyone else?

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What more could they do? Not have so many bloody games on in the first place! No need for 5 out of 12 and extra notice and/or the clubs doing flexible times will not stop the fact that it will block some people from being able to attend. Why do they need to show 2 x 1230 kick offs for example? Load of bollocks.

But then EFL and clubs wouldn't get the revenue from the TV companies they were looking for. Don't forget it was the clubs and EFL wanted more money so maybe look why they did. of course some people will not being able to make game but it might some people attend. Not everyone works Monday to Friday 9-5 anymore.On Kick off times I don't what the kick offs will be under the new TV deal. Do you?

32 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

If in 3 seasons, Sky started insisting all 12 games are away from 3 or that games start at 2am at times to allow people abroad to watch, youd still defend them.

Daft and silly comments. Its time you stop being Sky and actually look who wanted this deal EFL and the clubs who wanted more TV coverage and better TV income. 

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

As long as you’re alright, eh?

What about everyone else?

I'm talking about it from my own view point whilst I have expressed a number of points in ST thread about lower STH prices, cheap match day prices and having the same prices all summer plus keeping ST on sale all season. 

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

But then EFL and clubs wouldn't get the revenue from the TV companies they were looking for. Don't forget it was the clubs and EFL wanted more money so maybe look why they did. of course some people will not being able to make game but it might some people attend. Not everyone works Monday to Friday 9-5 anymore.On Kick off times I don't what the kick offs will be under the new TV deal. Do you?

Daft and silly comments. Its time you stop being Sky and actually look who wanted this deal EFL and the clubs who wanted more TV coverage and better TV income. 

I'm talking about it from my own view point whilst I have expressed a number of points in ST thread about lower STH prices, cheap match day prices and having the same prices all summer plus keeping ST on sale all season. 

Sky are the ones that want to show so many different kick off times but of course the clubs are as much to blame as anyone. Neither care one jot about match going fans and only you seem to be in support of it.

Im sure I read that there will be 2 x 1230 Saturday games. What really is the need for that?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

We will see.

£50 says either Potter or Rodgers at Southampton.  Are you on?

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

We will see.

If you are right about the relegated clubs then the jobs in the Premier League at Spurs,Palace and possibly Leeds and West Ham will be available. Won't Potter and Rodgers be looking there first ?

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Sky are the ones that want to show so many different kick off times but of course the clubs are as much to blame as anyone. Neither care one jot about match going fans and only you seem to be in support of it.

Im sure I read that there will be 2 x 1230 Saturday games. What really is the need for that?

It's the clubs and EFL who are to blame not Sky here. That's the bit you are failing to understand here. Clubs want more money meaning cheaper ST and match day prices hopefully. 

I don't know what times the games in 24/25 season going forward. Guess it will decide sooner 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

We will see.

What obsession with us having a bet!!!

7 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It's the clubs and EFL who are to blame not Sky here. That's the bit you are failing to understand here. Clubs want more money meaning cheaper ST and match day prices hopefully. 

I don't know what times the games in 24/25 season going forward. Guess it will decide sooner 

I do understand but Sky share an equal disregard for fans. Between them, the decision to show 5 games each weekend at different times with no limits is a joke.

• Like 1

I do understand but Sky share an equal disregard for fans. Between them, the decision to show 5 games each weekend at different times with no limits is a joke.

Clearly you don't understands. If they don't show more games then the TV revenue don't increase meaning clubs don't get more money. 

Why would EFL or clubs put limits on games? Or why would Sky accept them given how much they are paying for TV rights? Look at the situation from their viewpoint not just your own. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Clearly you don't understands. If they don't show more games then the TV revenue don't increase meaning clubs don't get more money. 

Why would EFL or clubs put limits on games? Or why would Sky accept them given how much they are paying for TV rights? Look at the situation from their viewpoint not just your own. 

Oh the irony! If anything I am looking from it more from other peoples points rather than my own as I will probably be able to still justify a season ticket but others wont. The perspective of many match going fans rather than greedy corporations (Sky and EFL) solely focused on money rather than match going fans.

To be fair the ‘EFL’ is the clubs and the admin of the EFL purely put into action the decisions made by its member clubs.

Sky are not to blame, they’ve got airtime to fill and customers to keep, they made an offer, the clubs weren’t forced to take it - it’s the clubs who have no regard for fans, and this particular club is seeing the result of that this summer…

• Like 2

If my inside is correct it won't be Potter at Southampton. 

The current Southampton ownership is pretty clueless by the way.

Leicester are by contrast a very managed outfit and to the extent I have any sympathy for anyone other than Rovers, this relegation is very harsh. I know they are not down on paper but they are down on the field and in the dressing room.

That shambles at Leeds could well have saved their skins with the deal they struck with Big Sam.

Forest may yet get caught but my gut feel is dingle Dyche is going to have to hang around for a relegation this time.

Let's see how wrong I am!

• Backroom
18 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I quite like Micah Richards with Carragher and Henry on CBS. They don't really talk about football, but it's a much more entertaining Champs League panel than the shite BT serve up! It is hosted by Kate Abdo who is a good laugh too

Think you jinxed her! 

10 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

You exude confidence in what you post often dismissing the content of other members' postings - all I'm suggesting is that you put your money where your mouth is if you are so confident in what you say; what could you lose?

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

Oh the irony! If anything I am looking from it more from other peoples points rather than my own as I will probably be able to still justify a season ticket but others wont. The perspective of many match going fans rather than greedy corporations (Sky and EFL) solely focused on money rather than match going fans.

I have said from my viewpoint that ST price is affordable and value for money, but for others fans it isn't and should be cheaper. Which you praised me for. I also said that his extra money from the New TV deal should be used to make ST and match day tickets cheaper. I also said we should keep the same price all summer and not changed it meaning penalising people who can't afford now but in 2 months time their circumstances changed and not afford one. Also I agreed with milller11 we should keep on sale all season. 

You keep blaming SKY but they aren't the problem as they are the broadcaster that EFL and its clubs decided to go with after agreeing to pay what they did. Its the EFL and its clubs who wanted more money for TV right. Its clubs from EFL wanted more money but know they to allow more games to be shown live to reach the money they wanted. So you annoyance should be with EFL clubs and its boardroom 

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

You exude confidence in what you post often dismissing the content of other members' postings - all I'm suggesting is that you put your money where your mouth is if you are so confident in what you say; what could you lose?

not interesting in betting with you. I have made that loud and clear before to you. 

• Like 1