BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

You five years old?

It is only a handful of posters that constantly hound the bloke for his detailed opinion on every single subject Matty

When they continue to hound him on it, despite him having already agreed on another thread, he has a right to be letting them know that they had already acknowledged it

If people didn't constantly go at him on multiple threads we wouldn't be forced to wade through the Chaddy Roversfan show every now and then

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Like 4

• Backroom

I don't really think it's harsh for Leicester to go down, if they do. A well managed club would have dealt with the Rodgers situation a lot sooner, found a good replacement and recruited better in January. Leicester did none of these things so if they go down it's simply because they didn't act fast enough, or in some cases at all, to ensure they stayed up. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mercer said:

You exude confidence in what you post often dismissing the content of other members' postings - all I'm suggesting is that you put your money where your mouth is if you are so confident in what you say; what could you lose?

No interested in betting with you. Why don't you just let that sink in for abit.

Look like Russell Martin is the odds on favourite for the job

Swansea City transfer news as Russell Martin now runaway favourite to join Southampton - Wales Online

11 hours ago, philipl said:

If my inside is correct it won't be Potter at Southampton. 

The current Southampton ownership is pretty clueless by the way.

I read a few articles about the problems with Southampton and the management set up. 

I read Plymouth's manager Steven Schumacher is their first choice. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Especially when the season is basically over.

Especially that in 1962, the then England centre half Peter Swan along with his two Sheffield Wednesday team mates, David (Bronco) Layne and Tony Kay were given a four month jail term and banned from football for life for placing a £50 bet that Wednesday would lose to Ipswich Town, which indeed they did. The ban was lifted ten years later. 
These were the days when the authorities had the power. 

• Like 3

• Moderation Lead

Be interested to see what bets he’s being banned for. If he’s been betting on games he’s involved in, then fair enough, if not, I don’t get why footballers aren’t allowed to bet on footy tbh.

Trippier’s ban was effectively insider trading and not as long as this, so it must be bad….

• Like 2

The problem these days is the fact you can bet on all aspects of a game. The number of cards, which player will get a card, number of corners etc etc.

It is open to all sorts of corruption. If I was a ref for example I could get a pal to put a bet on the number of yellow cards and make sure that was exactly how many I gave in the game. 

13 hours ago, philipl said:

If my inside is correct it won't be Potter at Southampton. 

The current Southampton ownership is pretty clueless by the way.

They feckin must be to have appointed Nathan Jones!

As for Russell Martin - I think the lunatics have really taken over if they appoint him.  I'd give it to Coyley before him!

I

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

southampton board must be on some kind of mind bending drugs to appoint russell martin

When last I looked, Swansea fans absolutely hate him. Given that Martin has also been linked with Leicester in the tabloids, I suspect it's his agent putting nonsense out there to force the Swansea board's hand.

On 16/05/2023 at 22:17, Mercer said:

We will see.

£50 says either Potter or Rodgers at Southampton.  Are you on?

I’ll take you up on that 👍🏻 No chance either of those two end up there. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

As for Russell Martin - I think the lunatics have really taken over if they appoint him.  I'd give it to Coyley before him!

I

Coyley? ... 🤮

Also, I wouldn't give him my dog's shit to put in a bin. It would somehow end up smeared on a window.

15 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Be interested to see what bets he’s being banned for. If he’s been betting on games he’s involved in, then fair enough, if not, I don’t get why footballers aren’t allowed to bet on footy tbh.

Trippier’s ban was effectively insider trading and not as long as this, so it must be bad….

Players move around a fair bit, so imagine player X, Y and Z all played for Southampton for a few seasons. but are now at 3 different clubs. All 3 could theoretically collude to get booked/sent off on the same day, or rig a combined number of attempted shots in their games to be below or above a certain level. Then they talk to some bookie in Singapore, India or any country where gambling is illegal......

On 17/05/2023 at 22:20, Mercer said:

I

Look like Russell Martin will be joining Southampton in the coming days

Russell Martin expected to join Southampton after pulling out of Swansea City contract talks - Wales Online