BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

5 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Do Tottenham "need" to play pretty attacking football? Im sure a manager who got them back in the top 4 and won a trophy would "excite" their fans more. In fact, any manager who did come in would start by gutting the defence and getting shut of the likes of Dier and Sanchez.

Yes they do. They have 2 defensive managers in Mourinho and Conte and gone nowhere.

Under Pochettino they played some brilliant football and similar to Redknapp. 

1 hour ago, roversfan99 said:

Because he isn't a very good manager IMO. A club that regularly challenge for the top 4 need better than a manager primarily responsible for taking a team down.

Conte summed Spurs up. They are a club happy with mediocrity. Levy has his marching orders from the owner and performs them admirably. 

They have a superb stadium and loyal support so as long as it looks like they are somewhere near silverware they carry on.

I disagree with you on Rodgers. I think he is a good manager. Not top tier but is worthy of a Prem job. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Yes they do. They have 2 defensive managers in Mourinho and Conte and gone nowhere.

Under Pochettino they played some brilliant football and similar to Redknapp. 

Again, a huge oversimplification to put it down to success from attacking football and failure from defensive. Conte did get them 4th last season too, Mourinho got them to a cup final but was sacked before he could take it in favour of a novice. Their criteria should be results if they have any sense, not pretty football. Task 1, get some new defenders and get them solid.

• Like 1

Just now, speeeeeeedie said:

Conte summed Spurs up. They are a club happy with mediocrity. Levy has his marching orders from the owner and performs them admirably. 

They have a superb stadium and loyal support so as long as it looks like they are somewhere near silverware they carry on.

I disagree with you on Rodgers. I think he is a good manager. Not top tier but is worthy of a Prem job. 

The Tottenham job though?

Again, a huge oversimplification to put it down to success from attacking football and failure from defensive. Conte did get them 4th last season too, Mourinho got them to a cup final but was sacked before he could take it in favour of a novice. Their criteria should be results if they have any sense, not pretty football. Task 1, get some new defenders and get them solid.

Spurs fans wanted attacking football and playing like they used to under Redknapp and Pochettino. If you listen to Football phone ins like myself its what they want. Plus Levy promised to the fans a couple of years ago. Tottenham ‘lost sight of key priorities’ and ‘what’s in our DNA’, admits Daniel Levy | Evening Standard

one of the first thing I would do is play Bissouma in centre midfield with Bentancur. Yes they need a new keeper, left back and centre back, but I would also use Tanganga more. I wouldn't be buying Porro either. Not good enough

The Tottenham job though?

Yes. He won trophies in his career. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

There wasn't any phone in quite like Gerald's on Radio Rovers 😁. I used to text in quite often, had a few read out by him, but I never did ring in.

I was a keen listener of the 606 phone in many years ago with Alan Green as the host and the Talksport one with Nigel Pearson hosting.

I think both channels still have their phone in shows, but I genuinely haven't listened to one in full since, at least, 2010.

I take it you don't agree that Firmino is better than Bergkamp then @roversfan99?

(That's one example of the shite they have come out with recently)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

There wasn't any phone in quite like Gerald's on Radio Rovers 😁. I used to text in quite often, had a few read out by him, but I never did ring in.

I was a keen listener of the 606 phone in many years ago with Alan Green as the host and the Talksport one with Nigel Pearson hosting.

I think both channels still have their phone in shows, but I genuinely haven't listened to one in full since, at least, 2010.

I take it you don't agree that Firmino is better than Bergkamp then @roversfan99?

(That's one example of the shite they have come out with recently)

I think on quiet news days, they must be under instructions to say something totally random to try and coax people to ring in.

Mind you, with bright sparks like Agbonlahor and O'Hara on the show, I suppose you expect such shite.

• Moderation Lead

The phone-ins are good to listen to if you want an ego boost.

Blatantly obvious that the ‘pundits’ just say outlandish things to bait people, people then ring in and get aggy.

The cycle repeats. Talksport continues to get paid and be a going concern.

I must admit though, O’Hara and Agbonlahor from what I’ve seen, seem to be some of the dimmest pundits I’ve ever heard.

• Like 2

Adrian whatshisname - ‘Spurs should automatically be given Brighton’s European place because they are a bigger club. So call in now’

’Bang aht of awder that’

’Sorry have to cut you off there’…

’SELCO! It’s where the trade goes’.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 5

Just reading more about the Ivan Toney case. He is one very lucky boy. Peter Swan, Tony Kay and Bronco Layne got life time bans for less in the 1960’s ! Swan was the current England centre half and Tony Kay had just been capped. The other two played again much later on but Kay never kicked a ball in anger again. Plus he got 6 months inside !

Toney get’s a severe letting off.

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Just reading more about the Ivan Toney case. He is one very lucky boy. Peter Swan, Tony Kay and Bronco Layne got life time bans for less in the 1960’s ! Swan was the current England centre half and Tony Kay had just been capped. The other two played again much later on but Kay never kicked a ball in anger again. Plus he got 6 months inside !

Betting on his own team's games multiple times. The guy is a fucking idiot. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Spurs fans wanted attacking football and playing like they used to under Redknapp and Pochettino. If you listen to Football phone ins like myself its what they want. Plus Levy promised to the fans a couple of years ago. Tottenham ‘lost sight of key priorities’ and ‘what’s in our DNA’, admits Daniel Levy | Evening Standard

one of the first thing I would do is play Bissouma in centre midfield with Bentancur. Yes they need a new keeper, left back and centre back, but I would also use Tanganga more. I wouldn't be buying Porro either. Not good enough

Yes. He won trophies in his career. 

So did Everton fans, maybe spurs should get Frank Lampard in, I believe he will be available soon. They would have to give him time though, 2 years should do it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It seems grossly unfair when compared to other cases. I thought he'd been let off lightly when the ban was first announced, but now the news has broken that he bet on his own team and even bet on himself scoring, it's unbelievably lenient. 

I didn't really want to see him banned for a long time as his career has been impressive. Other players who've received harsher bans must be furious though. Joey Barton effectively had his career ended with an 18 month ban for betting. Its simply not fair. 

It strikes me as favoritism. Toney on the verge of the England squad vs Barton, the wrongun of Engliah football. Apparently the ban was reduced because of a gambling addiction. That doesn't wash with me at all. With the amount of money footballers earn, I think you can argue an element of addiction for any player doing it. All very crooked in my opinion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

They can say whatever they want but all they want is to win games of football. 

Playing attacking football and getting beat every week will get old real quick.

• Like 1

Everytime Spurs appoint a decent manager they sack them before they've managed to change the culture of the club, whilst only half backing them. They'll tend to back them for a window when they first arrive before the money dries up.

Levy is like a bloke with commitment issues. Sees a beautiful girl walk past and after 6 months gets rid when she's calling him out on his crap. All the while he's spending a load of money on expensive dates in those first few months. But he's getting older now and the charm and looks are fading.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, goozburger said:

I used to like listening to Legends on Key 103 on the way home from work. Gary Owen, Graeme Sharp, and Alan Kennedy were quite good at hosting it, and it focussed on the northwest clubs.

Yes! That was my favourite. Used to be on weekday evenings, 6 till 7:30. Mickey Thomas was the other 'legend' and I remember him being very biased towards United. A good set of hosts who would have a laugh most days. Rovers got a decent amount of coverage too, as, like you said, they focused mainly on the North West clubs.

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think they still have them on Talksport when literally their bunch of know nothing "pundits" say purposely provocative shite to try and get as many lunatic callers as possible!

There's still some good pundits on there. Jamie o'hara, Jason cundy, Andy goldstein, Darren bent

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

It seems grossly unfair when compared to other cases. I thought he'd been let off lightly when the ban was first announced, but now the news has broken that he bet on his own team and even bet on himself scoring, it's unbelievably lenient. 

I didn't really want to see him banned for a long time as his career has been impressive. Other players who've received harsher bans must be furious though. Joey Barton effectively had his career ended with an 18 month ban for betting. Its simply not fair. 

It strikes me as favoritism. Toney on the verge of the England squad vs Barton, the wrongun of Engliah football. Apparently the ban was reduced because of a gambling addiction. That doesn't wash with me at all. With the amount of money footballers earn, I think you can argue an element of addiction for any player doing it. All very crooked in my opinion.

According to my paper he backed his own team to lose 13 times ! And he gets a sentence which a large chunk of it is when he wouldn’t be playing anyway ! It’s a disgrace.

Kay and co back in the 1960’s backed their team to lose so if they did lose their winnings would make up for the winning bonus they obviously wouldn’t be getting from the club. Their careers were effectively finished as a result.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

According to my paper he backed his own team to lose 13 times ! And he gets a sentence which a large chunk of it is when he wouldn’t be playing anyway ! It’s a disgrace.

If that’s the case it should be a lifetime ban.

Edit -just seen he didn’t play in any of those games which is slightly different, but he’s still lucky with 8 months.

Edited by Hasta

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

If that’s the case it should be a lifetime ban.

Well I think this strikes at the very foundations of the game. If he puts an easy chance over the bar how do you know if he did it deliberately or not  ? Once you start thinking the game might be bent you’re in big trouble. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blow-in said:

So did Everton fans, maybe spurs should get Frank Lampard in, I believe he will be available soon. They would have to give him time though, 2 years should do it.

I think Rodgers would be good appointment there for me. Look like Celtic boss Postecoglou is the new favourite for the job

11 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

I think they still have them on Talksport when literally their bunch of know nothing "pundits" say purposely provocative shite to try and get as many lunatic callers as possible!

Yes they still have phone ins throughout the day. I sometimes listens to White and Jordan or 10pm show on my way to work