BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

On 16/05/2023 at 22:17, Mercer said:

We will see.

£50 says either Potter or Rodgers at Southampton.  Are you on?

On 17/05/2023 at 23:15, Butty said:

I’ll take you up on that 👍🏻 No chance either of those two end up there. 

I’d like to take you up on it as well 👍 

• Backroom

And with that, one of Leicester and Everton are guaranteed to be relegated. One has to think Everton have a decent chance of beating Bournemouth at home on the final day, or at least getting a point, so Leeds desperately need a win tomorrow.

Fair play to Forest for sticking with Cooper. Pretty much everyone thought he was toast a few months ago, but it seems keeping faith with him was ultimately the right call. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Who are you thinking? There are only 3 keepers who have ever gone for more than 40m, one was Buffon over 20 years ago, one was Alisson and the other was the curious Kepa deal.

The 10 most expensive goalkeepers of all time

Player Clubs Fee Season
Kepa Arrizabalaga Athletic Club to Chelsea €80m 2018-19
Alisson Roma to Liverpool €62.5m 2018-19
Gianluigi Buffon Parma to Juventus €52.88m 2001-02
Ederson Benfica to Manchester City €40m 2017-18
Jasper Cillesen Barcelona to Valencia €35m 2019-20
Thibaut Courtois Chelsea to Real Madrid €35m 2018-19
Manuel Neuer Schalke to Bayern Munich €30m 2011-12
Jordan Pickford Sunderland to Everton €28.5m 2017-18
Aaron Ramsdale Sheffield United to Arsenal €28m 2021-22
Francesco Toldo Fiorentina to Inter Milan €26.5m 2001-02

Note how long ago those transfers were. 

Kepa and Allison were the 3rd and 5th most expensive transfers in the world in the 2018/19 season. 

So if Raya makes the top 10 in 2023/24, I would expect him to top 40m.

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Yep. Their entitled fans could do with a few years in the wilderness.

I had one tell me they'd stop watching football if Everton went down - like they had a divine right to play in the top division.

They've simply made up the numbers for 95% of their time in the Premier League, yet you'd think they're footballing royalty with the way their fans talk about themselves. 

• Like 1

Obviously, a huge, huge game for leeds tomorrow. Win that and they might just have enough to pip Everton to safety.

Leeds host a wretched Spurs side on the final day and Everton have a very winnable game against Bournemouth. Leeds win tomorrow and I think they stay up.

Can't see Leicester beating Newcastle, so I think they're done.

It would be pretty funny seeing Everton relegated but they'd end up walking the championship next season if it happened, they'd just throw money at it and get out first time.

• Backroom
4 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Obviously, a huge, huge game for leeds tomorrow. Win that and they might just have enough to pip Everton to safety.

Leeds host a wretched Spurs side on the final day and Everton have a very winnable game against Bournemouth. Leeds win tomorrow and I think they stay up.

Can't see Leicester beating Newcastle, so I think they're done.

It would be pretty funny seeing Everton relegated but they'd end up walking the championship next season if it happened, they'd just throw money at it and get out first time.

If it does end up being Everton, Leicester and Southampton, you have to think all three of them will be major forces in the Championship next season. Southampton could end up in a Stoke/Swansea situation where they seriously lose their way, but I can't see past Everton/Leicester for top two if they did both go down. Incredible that at least one of them will be playing Championship football this season. Everton have been teetering on the edge for a couple of seasons now, but Leicester have been a solid top-half side for multiple seasons now. I don't think anyone would have tipped them for a collapse of this magnitude.

Edited by DE.

Big Sam knows how to win the games that matter in the Premier League. 

Plus Bournemouth are the sort of party poopers who have beaten Everton already this season I wouldn't want for my PL survival game..

Despite Everton having 2 points and a vital 1 goal advantage, I shade it for Leeds to survive.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

thats the other side of big sam,score a goal and sit back on your penalty spot,recipe for disaster imo

I think he's managed this game incredibly badly. Took off their CM who was making things tick and they've barely touched the ball since.

• Like 1