BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Premier League 22-23

• Backroom
38 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well I think this strikes at the very foundations of the game. If he puts an easy chance over the bar how do you know if he did it deliberately or not  ? Once you start thinking the game might be bent you’re in big trouble. 

From what I read all of the games he bet on his team to lose, he didn't play in, so at least he wasn't quite that stupid. However, if he bet on himself scoring then that could influence things in terms of him attempting chances he normally wouldn't. Basically doing an Adam Armstrong in that televised game for us where he played like he was being controlled by a FIFA player whose shoot button was permanently pressed.

Can't help but think if he wasn't an England international the 'gambling addiction' defence may not have been quite as well received.

• Like 1

I know he's not everybody's cup of tea, but I think Simon Jordan is the best thing about TalkSport. I quite like the guy and his forthright style. He's levels above their other hosts/pundits, imo, in terms of knowing what he is talking about and also being interesting to listen to.

He's the only one on there that I listen to (or watch on YouTube), as he often says it as it is and backs those views up, even when face to face with whoever he has discussed/criticised in the past. His recent debate with Eddie Hearn made for excellent viewing.

Adam Catterall is alright too. Aside from being a Rovers fan, I find him good for the boxing chat on there. I can't be bothered with WUM's like Goldstein and Cundy.

It still bothers Cundy that we won the title in '95. He's had a few snide digs at us over the past few years. That's one of the reasons why I want Chelsea to plummet.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well I think this strikes at the very foundations of the game. If he puts an easy chance over the bar how do you know if he did it deliberately or not  ? Once you start thinking the game might be bent you’re in big trouble. 

To pretend it isn't is living in a fantasy world. 

Exhibit A. Blackburn Rovers vs West Ham 17/03/2007

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Big day for Everton, Leicester and Leeds. 

Would like Everton to go down myself with Leeds. I think Bournemouth will get a point on Everton but can Leicester or Leeds win. 

I'd prefer the bottom 3 to go down as it is, Everton, despite their financial worries have the biggest chance (of the Prem teams who can be relegated) of being next years stand out team in the championship and I'm not sure I can stomach that, lol

Edited by KentExile

5 minutes ago, KentExile said:

I'd prefer the bottom 3 to go down as it is, Everton, despite their financial worries have the biggest chance (of the Prem teams who can be relegated) of being next years stand out team in the championship and I'm not sure I can stomach that, lol

I think any of those teams most need a squad revamp and new head coach/management team changes or ownership/financials worries

11 hours ago, Upside Down said:

To pretend it isn't is living in a fantasy world. 

Exhibit A. Blackburn Rovers vs West Ham 17/03/2007

You don't have to go that far back. 

Seven games in our relegation season were, shall we say, iffy. And a Rovers player was on his own in all five top leagues in Europe that season for highest number of own goals scored- not Shane Duffy forcing a transfer by his performance at Cardiff...

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

image.thumb.png.0069fe9a41a9f61ad3de001e7bf62bf9.png

image.png.c7248ddeadb4c5c66d6f87b88054c736.png

I can see a scenario where Leicester escape on GD.

But Everton must be favourites to stay up. 

Other than Southampton at home, I don't think Everton or Leicester could have asked for much better opponents on the final day. Two lower mid-table teams with nothing to play for. Bournemouth have lost three on the spin, whilst WHU have lost 3 of their last 5. 

However, Everton and Leicester are both down there for a reason - they have consistently been 2 of the 4 worst teams in the division by some stretch. Everton the only team between the three fighting it out today to have won a match in the last five. But yeah, I think based on the above Everton have to be the favourites to survive at this point - if for no other reason than they are the only team in that group that can lose and still stay up. Ultimately none can complain if they do take the drop, and whoever does escape will have a real rebuilding job on to avoid struggling again next season.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DE. said:

Other than Southampton at home, I don't think Everton or Leicester could have asked for much better opponents on the final day.

On paper, yes, but you never know. Strange things can happen on the final day of the season. I remember Derby County had Manchester United away many years ago, and they had to win to have a chance of staying up. Unbelievably, they did it.

Tottenham still have something to play for, so I'd expect them to be the toughest opposition today. Bournemouth and West Ham haven't got anything to play for, so might put slightly weakened sides out and take their foot off the gas. Hard to tell as it sometimes works in the opposite way!

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

is that same time as normal for Sunday game anyway? 

what the problem with the kick off time? 

Playoff final is kicking off at 2pm aswell

Yes but this isn't a normal Sunday game. Its the whole fixture list of the epl. They should treat it like its a Saturday game 

6 minutes ago, roverandout said:

Yes but this isn't a normal Sunday game. Its the whole fixture list of the epl. They should treat it like its a Saturday game 

So that sky can run the league 2 play off final (including extra time and penalties if needed) before the prem matches kick off?