BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

2 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Not when you don’t create any real clear cut chances though. As I say, for the third game running too. 

Watching a different game to me, clearly.

If the ref plays advantage Brereton and Hedges score (they both put the ball in the back of the net).

We battered them, but their two tall CBs dominated any crosses.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ItsRoverZ said:

Better second half but still didn't create clear cut chances 

Buckley needs dropping, JRC needs selling,  dolan and smodicz don't look good for this level at the moment in time 

Tactics poor first half, overall just a poor day..JDT has his work cut out for him, 3 wins on the bounce brilliant excitement to now 3 losses on the bounce and feeling like a relegation fight season..

He didn't change the tactics at all, just the personnel. 

Putting an athlete in Travis at RB instead of JRC and taking off the ineffective Buckley (he's not a #10) for Hedges made the world of difference.

That result was daylight robbery.

• Like 1

No real chances created. Huffed and puffed a bit in the second half, but never looked like scoring.

Campbell powering through the midfield past Wharton and Morton who couldn't get near him is a sign of things to come. Men against boys. Wharton did ok, overall, he has something about him, but it's unfair to expect him to play a big role at this stage.

JDT looked lost on the touchline. Just sad to see that at full time. The reality is the club will never move forward while these owners remain incharge.

3 minutes ago, neophox said:

Had it been a penalty the red card later would not had happened.... the ref got it all wrong.

That's very true but he got both calls wrong inside 30 seconds which kinda summed up his whole day  there was one on Dolan after he just came on got behind them and was taken out both ref and linesman did nothing

3 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

No real chances created. Huffed and puffed a bit in the second half, but never looked like scoring.

Campbell powering through the midfield past Wharton and Morton who couldn't get near him is a sign of things to come. Men against boys. Wharton did ok, overall, he has something about him, but it's unfair to expect him to play a big role at this stage.

JDT looked lost on the touchline. Just sad to see that at full time. The reality is the club will never move forward while these owners remain incharge.

Men against boys is it. How long have we gone without a real proper big bastard to dominate the midfield?

• Like 4

Weird game, we defended appallingly first 30 mins, Stoke should have scored 2 or 3. After that we were probably the better team but without really creating convincing chances. So came out annoyed but also could see some reasons for hope

Cons : defence was really poor first half, kaminski conceded a really soft goal (although he also made two or three superb saves prior), Buckley was abysmal, Dack at 9 (which I was all for to try something different) didn't work. BBD wasted a lot of really good positions on the left which is unlike him.

Pros : Adam Wharton. Wow. He's going to be a huge player for us, he will start next game I think. Buckley (who I seriously rate) should be very worrief. Hedges also looks to me like he's going to be a consistently strong performer for us. Dack played much better at 10.

Much as we all love to hate him we really missed Gallaghers power and physicality to stretch and shake the opposition defence. He would have made a big impact today. We need more of that, our preponderance of  small technical forwards makes us unable to get any value out of crosses at all. No Scott Wharton is a big gap for us also.

Overall : Disappointing defeat but much better performance all round than Reading and Sheff Utd. We were competitive whereas in those games we were not. But we need some proper defenders in, and we need a striker who can cause a player like Flint a problem through the middle up front. I just feel like we don't really know what we're doing at centre forward and that needs sorting out.

We've got a great team for scoring on the break, but i just think against massed defence chasing a game we don't have the right options. So as others have said on here if we go behind we really struggle.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Markanday, Hedges and Wharton for me next game.,..

This also cannot continue to go on. Now its a different lineup next game again, where we change the makeup of the team after it didnt work.  We need a consistent starting line up, whether we win or lose, at least hold that 11 for 2 or 3 consecutive games, 

• Like 1

A game of two halves. We could have been 2 or 3 down at half time. Given that we weren’t the second half was far better and we deserved at least a draw. Adam Wharton was excellent, as was Hedges and they made a big difference.

Ayala pure class and I hope we can keep him fit.

Ref had a mare and probably cost us the point we deserved.

Blackpool  game becomes crucial now, in terms of defining the season and lifting the spirits of both players and fans. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Watching a different game to me, clearly.

If the ref plays advantage Brereton and Hedges score (they both put the ball in the back of the net).

We battered them, but their two tall CBs dominated any crosses.

I think Gavlars point is we never really stretched their keeper despite the time we were in the final third, which is a fair point imo.

If I was a Stokie I would have come out feeling that we defended well and were largely in control despite the pressure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, neophox said:

Markanday, Hedges and Wharton for me next game.,..

100% agree.  He should have brought on Hedges instead of Dolan.  Anithers game outcome heavily influenced by a bad bad official.  Why us an elbow in the face in the box not a pen.  I can appreciate letting the game flow and not calling all the heavy challenges but a foul us a foul is a foul. Hands arms elbows not allowed.  Constant pushing and holding but they knew they would get away it.  I don't think so.e if these first teamers have the technical ability to play JDT football.  Some if them will be replaced by the Academy lads.  I love the look of the younger Wharton.  Can he come in for the ineffective Buckley? This kid played really well and has a really good pass on him and the vision to go with it.  For me he starts next game.  Morton starts, Hedges and .arkanday too.  I think today JDT gave a few players a final chance to prove themselves, they failed.  Poor first touches sloppy passes.  Yes I think we will be seeing more of the younger ones and in Wharton and Markanday we have two little gems.  Back to looking up at the Dingles, buggar.