BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Stoke (h) - Saturday 27th August 3pm

2 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray has left him with a shambles of a squad, it's going to take time to fix.

Unfair to blame Mowbray, although I think Nyambe and Rothwell may have signed new deals earlier with a different manager. 

This is all on Greg and his healthy budget.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I think your opinion on Pickering has clouded your judgement somewhat. He was very steady again and also got forward a few times with crosses and interplay down the left.

Not a single one of his 2 or 3 crosses found anything other than a Stoke head. He did a nice back heel to Brereton, then proceeded to be absolutely strolled past a minute later. Ayala bailed him out several times in the first half. Oh, and he took a shit free kick.

I think your intense dislike of Edun clouds your judgement on Pickering.

10 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Side note: walked past Greg Broughton pre match. Never seen a guy walk with a more "my shit don't stink" look on his face... he also totally blanked us trying to say hello. Arrogance at it's finest.

There's a reason why I want that dud out. It's not just pointless ranting. I saw through that waffler a long time ago. An absolutely shit appointment who will set us back years.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Gav said:

You didn’t got to Old Trafford a few weeks before he was sacked then? 

Nope I was in the desert. I do remeber him steadying a sinking ship previously helmed by Paul Ince who just beat the Hell out of us. I would also argue that we have been in a downward spiral since his sacking (which coincides with our takeover) which at the time was explained, by our owners, that it was due to bad transfers. If we can judge his tenure on one game against Man U, I would argue that losing to a team managed by Paul Ince is far worse.

Didnt Man U win the title that season?

Edited by rebelmswar
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, SuperBrfc said:

There's a reason why I want that dud out. It's not just pointless ranting. I saw through that waffler a long time ago. An absolutely shit appointment who will set us back years.

He's been here less than 3 months ! We were set back years by the owners and the individuals they stupidly listened to .

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Mowbray has left him with a shambles of a squad, it's going to take time to fix.

The may well suite the Brfcs narrative, but its a load of bollox.

The problems at this football are and will always be of the owners making.

We have a decent manager in place, but as with every manager appointment, we tie one hand behind his back, its a disgrace, it really is.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rebelmswar said:

Nope I was in the desert. I do remeber him steadying a sinking ship previously helmed by Paul Ince who just beat the Hell out of us. I would also argue that we have been in a downward spiral since his sacking (which coincides with our takeover) which at the time was explained, by our owners, that it was due to bad transfers. If we can judge his tenure on one game against Man U, I would argue that losing to a team managed by Paul Ince is far worse.

Or losing to a team managed by nobody like today.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

We missed Gallagher today - never thought I'd catch myself saying that.

No we didn't, we scored nil, we'd still have scored nil if he'd been on the pitch, and probably wouldn't have looked as fluid with some of our build up play as we did second half.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tricky said:

The Dack fanboys are quiet today... 

Not sure where you're coming from with that comment but a fairly pointless jibe.  Thought he was quite good second half. First League start for about 520 days according to the radio on the way down.

Different class to Szmodics anyhow.

• Like 3

Although I think JDT has been let down by our failure in the transfer market, tactically we have been inept so far. That is down to the manager. 

It's s terrible sign when a manager constantly has to change shape during a game and has to hook players at half time. It suggests the manager is getting wrong time and time again.

• Like 4

First half was as bad as anything seen in a long while at Ewood, second half a lot better and deserved a point.

You simply can't start games like that and perform like that if you want to do anything but get dragged into relegation in this league.  Some startling naivety from the head coach on display there which is worrying he needs to iron it out, i know the squad issues but still.

Morton needs to play possession football but this team needs to break up play, counter and press we keep being told that but it's lacking a lot.

JRC i have no words other than get him out on loan.

5 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

I said a long time ago that the Venks sacked Sam purely because he wouldnt be a yes man and still feel the same. I cant recall a manager since that really challenges my opinion.

Maybe he was a crook? Would only work with an agent that feathered his nest, gave him kick backs on every deal, reduced the player pool, robbed fans of seeing better players?

The ironic thing is Venkys then adopted the same policy and the rest is history......

4 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Although I think JDT has been let down by our failure in the transfer market, tactically we have been inept so far. That is down to the manager. 

It's s terrible sign when a manager constantly has to change shape during a game and has to hook players at half time. It suggests the manager is getting wrong time and time again.

to his credit the changes were swift and he did get a reaction from the team,i think he`s still unsure of how to set up,that said he`d better learn quickly,this is the 2nd level of english football,no one will give you anything for free

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, rovers11 said:

Go-on then, what shape did he change from and to?

I'll wait. 

We should have sold Brereton and used the money to replace him with a front man who can hold the ball up, score a few goals and someone with creativity and a few goals in him, just behind. 

Far more balance than having the only goalscorer in the team playing out wide.

• Like 2

Time to gather my thoughts…firstly, there was a plan and I can accept it. It was to unsettle their giant defenders with quick accurate passing through the lines….the manager was BADLY let down in the first half. Buckley, Travis and JRC were horrific. People know I’m Buckley’s biggest fan but his head is somewhere else at the moment and that is the third game in a row that he’s been woeful.

I felt sorry for Dack, Dolan and even Szmodics who were never even allowed to get into the game so bad was the passing around them.

Ayala, Phillips, Pickering and Hedges came out with lots of credit.

Morton (my MOM) and Adam Wharton were very good. The latter completely controlling the game for spells. He’s a special player in the making.

Kaminski at fault for the goal and the ref blew up twice for free kicks on the edge of the box which ran for us and we scored. Just wasn’t our day.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, rebelmswar said:

Great that we're selling him... Know that it's necessary so he doesnt go for free but Lord, what are we going to do? Find it hard to think we'll get someone in quickly enough. Wars have been won in the time we get transfers in. 

What's happening now on the transfer front is what we all feared - reinforcements not brought in in time so we've dropped 9 points.

Brereton will go, but the vultures that are circling will bring it down to the wire and we won't be able to adequately replace him. 

50 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Spot on.

Organise, organise and then organise again.

Make life feckin difficult for the opposition.

Remember when we beat Spurs in the League Cup Final in Cardiff some 20 years ago with the players available (several missing), Souey got a tune out of what we had - physical (Hughes prowling midfield) aggressive and organised.  Pre match, not many gave us a prayer - we stuffed it back down their throats.

Apologies; I know this isn't relevant to the subject of this thread, but I heard Radio 5's best-ever programme that day, sitting in one of the coaches in a traffic jam on the M4, listening to all the Spurs' fans whingeing about the result of that game!

Back on topic, it's now down to JDT to 'do a Souey' with the material at his disposal.